1 Month Later
72 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time is a linear constant. However, despite everything, it feels different for everyone. Some find time flies extremely fast and will go out of their way to turn back time, while others think the world is slowing down and pray for it to speed up. Currently, Saibus and Yennefer are in the first category, hoping that time slows down and that they only have 24 hours a day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~

Saibus is currently in the vault looking at the blueprints of the various fragments of Eden.

"So, do you find what you want, Sai?"  Hecate's voice comes out of nowhere, followed by his hologram just in front of Saibus.

"Yes, Grandma Hecate, there are many exciting things in this vault. Weapons, runes, utility items… There are even blueprints of model buildings and constructions that can be useful.

"Weapons like Hermes's staff, Leonidas's lance, or the sword of Eden are highly broken. The apple of Eden and the various seals are also mighty. For buildings, there is a part of the Observatory that creates a chain of portals allowing instant travel around the world. The Isus were truly powerful geniuses. "  Saibus says with a slight fascination in his voice.

Hecate approves the statement of his great-great-great-great ... grandson. "We were very scientifically advanced, so much so that we were able to synchronize our planet's energy with our technology to create our own witchcraft."

Hecate looks at Saibus, who consults the various plans and resources of the vault for a few moments before interrupting him.

"Sai, why don't you change the plans."

Saibus turns his head towards his ancestor. "What do you mean, grandma?"

"I'm just saying that you shouldn't be fascinated by us because you are also an Isus. My blood runs in your veins. You are as much an Isus as we are. Especially when I look at you, you remind me of two of my brothers, Loki and Hephaestus. Hephaestus loved to modify and create things and had wacky ideas like you. While Loki was calculating, a little cold, discreet. Loki was so severe that Thor never succeeded in him. Make you relax. "

"I don't want my grandson to feel inferior to us when he doesn't, especially since you have the potential to be so much taller than us. I've been watching you for the past month, and  I must say that you never disappointed me on the contrary. So, I give you the authorization to copy his plans and modify them so that you make them yours. Don't forget. You are as much an Isus as you are an Auditore. "  Hecate shares her impressions with Saibus, then disappears while rubbing her grandson's head.

Saibus contemplates the plans he has in his hands before bringing them with him to a table to make copies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~

While Saibus is busy copying the plans in the Vault, Yennefer is currently in the Observatory's extensive library. The library contains all the books the forerunners brought from their ancient worlds, and all that Hecate and Nesis had written or found.

Yennefer is seated at a table with a glass of red wine on it. In addition to the glass and the bottle, two stacks of five pounds each are placed on the table. On the edge of the books, have few read several titles related to the technological discoveries of the Isus and the possible relationship between the magic and the advanced technology of the Isus.

Yennefer takes a sip of wine when she sees Hecate appear from the corner of her eye on a chair to her right. Yennefer ignores Hecate and continues reading his book. Hecate watches Yennefer read without saying anything. The golden silence of the library continues for several more minutes. The quarter elf finally broke the silence.

"What can I do for you, Hecate?"  Yennefer asks his beautiful grandmother.

"I just came to hang out with my granddaughter. Does that bother you?"  Hecate answers.

After Hecate's response, the initial silence took shape but with a hint of unease coming from Yennefer. But, again, Yennefer only lasted five minutes, this time under Hecate's gaze, before breaking down.

She slams her book and puts it on the ground, looking toward Hecate. Seeing the smile on the face of the white-haired woman in front of her dramatically annoys Yennefer.

"Well, let's be clear, what are the things you have against me? This month, I have felt you observe and analyze the smallest things I have done. So why are you doing this? What are you blaming me for?"  Yennefer asks with an irritated tone.

After Yennefer's words, the smile on Hecate's face darkened.

"Simple, Saibus, maybe trust you, but I don't. For me, you're hiding something, and I'll find out what it is. And when I find it, I'll make your life hell. "  A sadistic smile appeared on Hecate's face. This smile, her pale face, and her long white hair give Hecate the look of a fairy tale witch that scares the child.

Yennefer, no longer a child, is not afraid of Hecate, the witch. On the contrary, she confronts him.

"Although I have nothing to prove to you because Saibus is the only one that matters to me, you have become a kind of mother figure to him. You have become his grandmother. So what do you want me to do so you stop making me feel like I'm a hostage? "  Yennefer retorts aggressively.

Hecate's witchy smile grew, reaching her ears.

"Simple, do the ritual of Life with Saibus. Then I will stop treating you with hostility."

"I can know what this ritual is all about."

"Yes, you can. In an alchemy ritual circle, two people are present, the master and the servant. In two chalices, the master and the servant put a drop of their blood. In one of the chalices, a tear mermaid is added. The master drinks the chalice with the tear, and the servant the one without. A bond is then created between the two people. The servant will never be able to betray the master, will never be able to speak of his master's secrets, and will not be able to never go against him. "

"I want to do a ritual but not this one. I don't want to be Saibus's servant. I want to be his wife, to stand by his side in good and bad times. And no one can help me,  not even you. So find another ritual. "  Yennefer closes, does not fill up but stands up to Hecate, who could kill her instantly thanks to the temple's defense systems.

Hecate's smile gradually softened upon hearing the firmness of Yennefer's words.

"Well, I like your character. Saibus knows how to find a wife. For you to become his wife, there is the Eternity ritual."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN:

I am still looking for an editor. If you are interested, let me know.

0