Chapter 167: The Darkness In All Of Us II
745 7 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...........

Chapter 167: The Darkness In All Of Us II

...........

He was starting to get more and more hopeless... Until he suddenly found all of her resistance disappearing, and he could finally enter her mind.

His hopelessness made him ignore the strangeness of the situation as he dove in with excitement. Only, all he found within was darkness, and nothing more.

The worst thing was that the moment he started prying into her mind, he felt his very soul in pain, screaming at him to escape and that he did.

Doctor Psychic resisted the pain, and instantly realized Layla's goal. She wanted to distract him to escape, but she didn't escape far enough.

His psych was still locked on to that clump of darkness as he screamed in rage, "You bitch! I will make you suffer..." Perhaps that caused too much damage to his soul because he lost his composure.

He was still rational enough to understand not to enter her mind again, so instead, he chose to attack from the outside, trying to drive her insane with pain.

However, he noticed something strange. He didn't feel like he was attacking a soul. It felt like colliding with water, unlike how it usually feels.

It was, however, too later as he felt a cold touch on his neck. What followed was a warm sensation on his neck and chest.

The warm sensation even reached his stomach. It was the warm sensation of blood, leaving his sliced neck.

His jugular was cut clean, and most important of all, it was silent and unexpected because it was Layla who did the deed.

Even in his last moments, he couldn't comprehend what happened because until his last breath, he could still feel a clump of darkness moving far away.

It didn't make any sense to him because Layla was standing right behind him with a dagger constructed of pure darkness in her hand.

The reality of the matter was that the clump of darkness wasn't her. She allowed Dr.Psychic into her mind knowing exactly what'll happen.

It was a distraction, in that split second when he was in pain, Layla released a gaseous form of darkness similar to how she looked before and hid not too far away.

Psychic was too distracted to survey the area thoroughly, so she ended up slipping out. All of her actions prior to this point were to give him the illusion that she was looking for him.

She didn't need to because she could've figured out his location at any point simply by letting him in her mind, contaminating his psych with her darkness.

And her senses of darkness are remarkable. She would likely be able to sense him even if he was on the other end of the city, but he was very close to her.

So it wasn't long after that before her knife of darkness sliced the annoying bug's jugular.

And she wasn't done just yet as she brought out a phone and called someone before asking, "Ralf, I want the society of villain's exact whereabouts, members, goals... Everything."

While the vile creatures of earth were on the verge of facing a vile day. While the society of villains was about to face a dark day, a totally innocent Ian was having a sweet evening.

He was in a kind of a predicament, a sweet pickle. The grey Rose just landed on earth, not far from Nanda Parbat, and he was ready to send Selina and Harley home before leaving again.

However, he couldn't, not when Harley had her arms around his neck, clutching to him tightly and refusing to let go.

She was like this since the incident, not leaving Ian's side at all, and she still refuses to do so.

"Harley..." Ian mumbled, a bit speechless as she was even using the energy of fear and love to keep herself stuck to Ian.

"What? I'm still in trauma and you're already throwing me out? Bad Ian!" Harley on the other hand was acting like her usual self, complaining with a pout.

"Trauma?" Selina asked with amusement because Harley certainly didn't look like someone with Trauma.

"Yes! Trauma. I'm afraid that if I leave your side, I'll go crazy!! And I want to stay sane!" Harley further stressed the dangerous effects of what she has gone through which would've made more sense if she was actually sane.

"I... I thought you'd want more freedom to break more skulls, but very well." Ian shrugged, throwing bait to see if she'd latch on it.

"Isn't there plenty more skulls in space?" Harley wondered before adding, "And they're more ripe and grown up skulls? Why would I settle for low grade skulls when I can get supreme quality ones?"

"Huh?" Ian remained silent for a second, comprehending what just came out of her mouth which took him a while, a miracle considering his thought process was moving at lightning speed at the moment, "Okay, you convinced me."

Let's just say that the wild things she says are one of Ian's greatest sources of amusement, so he can't help but want to reward her for the entertainment.

Even Selina let out a laugh at Harley's performance, not seeming bothered by her flirtatious attitude, "Just take me home, and take as long as you want, just know that the longer you take, the more interest you'll accumulate, so prepare to pay."

"Oh, finessing me huh?"

"Of course. I only learned from the best." Selina gave him a naughty wink before he sent off.

"Perhaps I taught her too much... Nah, she still needs to steal while I never do anymore. She's a few stages below me." Ian assured himself that he stands far higher in the hierarchy of getting things, or in his case, things getting handed to him.

"Darling..." Once Selina left, Harley made sure the premise is clear before she gave Ian the look, and he knows that look.

That looked was followed by actions as her lips sealed his in what Ian could only describe as the most passionate, or obsessive kiss he's ever experienced... It was overwhelming.

And amidst the kiss, while breathing heavily, Harley showered him with words of love and obsession, words one wouldn't expect from her, but perhaps those who know her best would expect such words.

"Love you luve u lovu love you lovu luv you love youu lovu luvou loveyou......" And it went on for a very long time with their lips sucking on each other, seemingly trying to taste the very ingredient they're made out of with a kiss alone.

It was the kind of experience one would expect from Harley as she let out her emotions, every speck of it, the emotions she's been holding back for so long were finally liberated after her 'Trauma'.

Only a second passed before they found themselves in the Grey Rose's master bedroom. They have likely been making out for more than a dozen minutes by now, so the only reason she's conscious right now is because Ian turned off his death force.

Yet even without it, Harley still felt like she was on the verge of passing out, feeling drunk, "God I wanted this for so long..."

"And I waited for you to experience this trauma for so long..." Ian gently responded.

"That doesn't sound very romantic, does it?" Harley sensually wondered.

"Hmm, then let me be more romantic... I can make you pass out in the amount of time you can take to crush a thousand skulls..."

It was a conversation that can be understood only by the crazy, and they were having right now as Harley's eyes lit up, "That's too little of a number, let's make it a million!"

To be fair, it wouldn't take her long to do that with her new powers. She even regretted saying such a small number. Perhaps a billion would be enough because what she was about to experience is something she will wish would never end.

29