Chapter 170: The Darkness In All Of Us V
521 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

Chapter 170: The Darkness In All Of Us V

...

"Oh, that's rude," Ian frowned, feeling absolutely violated. He would've filed for sexual harassment if the Green had some system for punishments, "God like they could've just asked. I would've happily let them suck me dry for a very small price..."

"..." Ivy really tried to hold her laugh back, but he succeeded in his pursuit, getting a giggle out of her.

He at least lifted her mood a little. If you want to do something grand, do it in style. That would be his advice to her, but he didn't say it as she surpassed his expectations.

Only a second passed before Ivy's arms were around his neck. Even her legs were tightly wrapped around his waist, diving into him as if in desperation.

"Give it to me, all of it... I can handle it." Ivy leaned her forehead against his, looking into his yellow eyes. She could swear they were once brown, but now they look bright like the sun.

Ian wanted to ask her if she was sure. He wanted to do a more thorough test to see if she can handle it lest things go awry, but the look in her eyes... He decided to do what she wants and only stop if death is near.

So they leaned into each other, starting a very slow kiss. It was unlike Ivy's usual make-out as she favors aggressiveness. She's quite naughty in bed, but today she chose to be a bit more romantic.

It was a very sensual kiss, almost like they were tasting each other's lips, losing themselves in bliss, but Ian didn't forget the most important thing, unleashing his Death force upon her.

Her was feeding her all that he can transfer at a moment continuously, something he hadn't done in a long time because of how potent his Death force became.

Not to mention the amount of Death force he can release per second, it's overwhelming to the point Ivy lost her ability to move just three minutes since they started.

That says a lot considering she's the lady of nature, a conduit of the green itself.

Ian had to take control himself, keeping her in his arm as she did her thing. While they were lost in their romantic kiss, a war was happening within the green.

The green is one of the elemental forces in the universe inherent and connected to all forms of plant life.

Its realm is connected to every plant life throughout the universe, and if one controls it, all plant life will fall under their rule provided they can handle its power.

The Parliament of Trees wants that power. They're supposed to be its protector, but at some point in time, they lost themselves, no longer seeing the green as an independent concept, but as something that needs to be controlled to truly enrich all plant life in the universe.

Most important of all, they want to eradicate every race that had ever hurt a single plant, starting with earth.

It's either madness or obsession that led them down this path to the point they gave up everyday speech and mobility, communicating through one unified mind. This communal mind exists in the dimension of The Green, home of the life force of all plant life.

Nothing was happening in the Green, it was stale, but only the Parliament of Trees know what kind of predicament they were in as they resisted the destructive life force trying to take control of them.

Indeed, they were elementals after all, plant lives, so why wouldn't Ivy be able to control them? Granted, she needs overwhelming power to control such terrifying creatures.

The Parliament of trees were the trees surrounding the statue, seeming frozen in time. Normally, they'd be able to perform some micro-movements, but this time they can not do anything.

They simply didn't see it coming. What was happening was beyond their expectations. They were using all of their powers to stop Ivy, but they couldn't.

The balance soon tipped in Ivy's favor as the Green started to move. The entire realm started experiencing some changes, each and every plant seemed to dance.

It was beautiful scenery, a green realm dancing all due to Ivy's actions. She was indeed trying to go even further and control the entirety of the green.

That however was coming at a cost. Ian clearly felt Ivy's skin becoming dry if not a bit ragged, almost like her life was being sucked out of her.

Not just that, he felt like she was cracking literally, fractures spurting across her body, yet she preserved, and continued using all of Ian's Death force for her pursuit.

She was giving away her goal to get what she wants, even her own life force. To be fair, her life force was enormous by this point due to how much Death force Ian transferred to her across the years.

However, the thing most responsible for her current state was Ian's Death force, it was too much. Somehow his Death force was threatening to annihilate her as a concept.

It was almost like his Death force hates greed. You can have little, and it will be lovely, but if you seek too much, you'll cease to exist.

Ian noticed that he was going beyond Ivy's limits by this point, but he didn't stop, even when she was on the brink of death, even as he felt the entirety of the green shake, and break down.

It wasn't just him who noticed the consequences of her actions, but also the entirety of people on earth.

Somehow, every single plant on earth started growing very quickly to ridiculous degrees beyond common sense. Even trees seemed to be rising to the sky in a matter of minutes.

In a matter of another two minutes, the entirety of earth became a plant zone with colossal plants and trees wherever you go.

As for the Parliament of trees? They crumbled. They were crushed before Ivy.

What she had just achieved was a miracle because she not only took control of the green, but she also dictate a significant of her life force and Ian's death force into the Parliament of trees.

What she transferred to them was just a very small portion of how much she was burdened with herself, but that was still enough to destroy their entire existence before her.

"Beautifully done..." Ian stopped, complementing while stroking her pale hair which seemed to have lost color, "But you're lucky you have me... Well, I guess you were counting on that."

She was unconscious, and in a horrible state to the point Ian kept her in his embrace and didn't wish to see her face, not just yet.

"The green huh... You have been trouble, and you annoyed me quite a lot." Ian murmured, eyeing the very different scenery of the realm. It was actually in a horrible state, one similar to Ivy's in stark contrast to plant life on earth.

"However, the green is no more... This is but a realm on the verge of death, like you..." This was Ivy's realm now, but she acquired it at a very hefty cost.

Ian closed his eyes as he held Ivy in a princess carry. His staff manifested itself behind him, hovering and rotating on itself.

The target of his Death force changed to the staff. The difference was that it's capable of handling his all, and his all went into the eight Vessel.

The Eight Vessel held all of the emotional spectrum, every energy which was then released in full force.

The energy of fear quickly expanded to the point it enveloped the entirety of the realm, but the other energies took a long while to do so.

But he was patient. He waited until every emotional energy was enveloping the entire realm before he did something he had done before.

It took him days of standing in the same place to envelop the entire realm, and to keep Ivy alive across all of that time, he had to use the Rose of Holy energy to keep her alive.

That's however all that energy did. It wasn't enough because Ivy's life somehow became bound to that of the Green realm, so Ian had to heal the entire realm just to heal her.

This is where his next course of action becomes necessary as he switched to the Rose of Evolution.

All he needed really was just a single spark for everything to turn white. The entirety of the realm became white in an instant as all of the energy evolved into what they once were, the white energy of life.

And before Ian spurted a flower, a completely white flower so gorgeous it would captivate the gods with its beauty.

The flower blossomed, spreading its petals before Ian placed Ivy on it. The white flower then closed, forming into a cocoon of sorts.

As for Ian... He was exhausted for the first time in forever, and he had no idea why as he fell back onto the ground...

23