Chapter 175: Where Is Darkseid? II
438 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.................

Chapter 175: Where Is Darkseid? II

................. 

He was after all on the verge of clashing against the personification of evil, the hole in all things. One of the most feared beings in all of time.

"Where are those wonderful things, I wonder..." Ian mumbled, his mind overworking itself with lightning speed to find the answers. 

Only a week passed since his small battle with Diana, but a week is usually more than enough for the Roses to find plenty of information about most things.

"The Mother boxes..." According to what happened in his absence, only two mother boxes were sent to Earth, one used by Steppenwolf and the other by Kalibak.

Sending such powerful things with his army, even if they were generals of his army; was more than enough to show his desire to conquer Earth.

They are after all weapons of mass destruction, so powerful anyone in the universe would desire them.

Yet even with such weapons, Steppenwolf and Kalibak still failed. They were a bit of a failure, or perhaps the heroes of Earth were just that strong.

Either way, the strange circumstances made Ian certain that Darkseid had set some plans in motion. Ian expected the worst out of Darkseid, so he acted quickly.

He spent the next two days staying in his dimension, doing nothing but walking forward very slowly. It took him exactly that much time to traverse a distance of one meter.

That's made even stranger by the fact that he was using the speed force, yet he moved so slowly. It was all due to the still force.

He caught Turtle a long time ago, a host for the still force. The man froze himself just so Ian couldn't reach him. 

And Ian couldn't at the time because his speed wasn't fast enough. It would've taken him years to reach Turtle with that speed.

Far from the speed of a few thousand Machs, now his speed surpassed that of lightning.

The still field around Turtle didn't exactly stop time. It merely slowed it down to such an extent it appeared as if time was frozen.

 The still force negates motion, but the speed force is motion. It's time, so when two opposing forces clash, the winner is decided by the most potent. 

Ian's staff going through Turtle's chest was more than enough of a declaration. Turtle didn't resist, nor could he. He was a victim of his own power, but he at least felt no pain as he was sucked dry.

Unfortunately, that also means he didn't get to experience the pleasure and happiness of being sucked dry by Ian. Missed opportunities, people's greatest misfortune.

And so, Ian acquired another force. It lay there with the speed force, dormant in the second vessel, just waiting for Ian to summon it.

Not just yet, Ian wasn't done. There are two more forces that have to be collected for the Second Vessel to be complete.

And it just happened that Ian has just finished the construction of a certain machine based on Turtle's machine. 

Turtle's machine was set to find the core of the speed force, then destroy it. Ian's, on the other hand, was built to find all of the forces related to the speed force.

Darkseid was quite the troublesome enemy, a fucking nuisance, and he made his animosity with him very clear, so Ian wanted to be prepared, even if he had to be a bit rough.

The machine was quite complex, actually looking very similar to the staff of all things, except upside down. It took him a long time to make, relative to the fact he was in the speed mode.

Its concept was very simple. It's something used by many speedsters, albeit expanded. Reverse Flash used it a while ago to kindly save Ian. 

When Ian was facing Doomsday, he was using the speed force, and that's the reason Reverse Flash appeared in front of him. 

Of course, very significant use of the speed force was required for Reverse Flash to be able to sense it which brings out a problem, how would the machine be able to detect the forces if they're potentially dormant?

But that's why the machine took him so long to build. Most important of all, it took him another day of just feeding it the two energies of the speed force and still force before it was able to activate.

The load of energy it needed to achieve its purpose was way too much, unachievable by most beings in the universe. Ian however was able to handle such constant loss of energy with his infinite Death force.

The complex machine lit up, and from its upper part, it released what appeared to be a wave of energy. Its target seemed to be the sky, forming in an energy beam.

That, however, changed very quickly as reaching the sky seemed to trigger something within the energy. It froze and then vanished.

Ian remained stationary in his place, eyeing the broken roof above his ahead. In fact, the entire building crumbled down.

Thankfully, he predicted such a reaction, so he activated it in an abandoned building far from Gotham. 

Ian only had to wait for about a second before he received feedback. Two lights lit up on the machine, signaling for certain directions.

How it works is simple, releasing a burst of energy immense enough to traverse the entire solar system. Most important of all, it was the energy of the speed and still force, so it remained mostly undetected by everyone but those who are conduits to these forces.

The machine took great inspiration from bats. Many bats are able to detect objects as thin as human hair in total darkness, and they do so through their sophisticated echolocation system. 

They're able to emit high-frequency sounds that bounce back to their ears, enabling them to detect objects in total darkness.

That's pretty much how the energy works as it bounces back when in contact with an energy similar to that of its own, exactly Ian's targets.

The energies also didn't take much time to reach the targets considering the nature of the speed and still force.

It still took some time however which allowed him to detect the targets' approximate location. 

"Both on earth huh... Yup, Earth is quite weird." He was mainly the one responsible for the release of those forces, universal force, yet both of them ended up on Earth.

Ian was even counting on the oddness of Earth as he vanished, appearing almost instantly in some place in Africa. Magic is very sweet and lovely, capable of achieving nearly anything if one's capable. 

He found himself eye to eye with his target, a Gorilla. Just as the machine detected the targets, they also sensed that burst of energy.

Ian, however, was too quick for them to do anything, and this certain Gorilla could do a lot provided he have time.

Gorilla Grodd was The Flash's enemy from Gorilla City, a city in the jungles of Africa populated by intelligent gorillas.

He possessed amazing intelligence and force of mind capabilities, powers allegedly granted him when he was exposed to a space-rock that landed in the African jungles. 

However, another account states that Gorilla City originated on the planet of Calor and was brought to Earth as a result of Grodd's machinations when he already had his powers.

And now, this already intelligent creature gained the sage force,  an energy field that radically enhances the minds of its conduits as well as granting them psychic powers such as telepathy and telekinesis.

The result of his unrivaled intellect became apparent once Ian looked around, Gorilla city looking more advanced than any other city on Earth, possibly even most of the universe.

Weapons and vehicles of mass destruction were everywhere. Most important of all, an army of intelligent Gorillas under Grodd. 

He was definitely preparing to conquer Earth... Unfortunately, "I love animals. They're lovely lovely creatures, so..."

So he was about to show Gorilla city just how much love he holds for animals.

19