Chapter 191: Monsters II
360 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.................

Chapter 191: Monsters II

................. 

Ian's group of monsters were left alone, preparing for heading out to the Dark Universe. 

They were, however, still just a bunch of sweet little bunnies in contrast to the real monsters, "You took your time."

"No, I didn't. I made sure to speed time by a few thousand times." Ian shook his head in disagreement.

He was again in the center of a black hole, using magic to fight against its gravity because Dr. Manhattan didn't bother protecting him this time.

"A few hours is a very long time." Dr. Manhattan disagreed.

"Well, it's not like whatever you did with Lucifer took only a second." Ian shrugged, finding himself more at ease with conversing with the blue monster, perhaps because the circumstances now were vastly different than those of their first meeting.

"0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000075." 

Dr. Manhattan's voice resounded quite oddly because despite the number being very long, it was like he spoke it in an instant.

"Seriously?" Ian eyed Dr. Manhattan strangely as he stroked his chin, his attention soon turning to the Blue monster's crotch area, "Why did you finish so fast."

Dr. Manhattan gazed at Ian's odd behavior with a puzzled look, but he was after all a monster, so it dawned on him soon, "We did not have sex despite how much he wanted to."

Yeah, Ian was finding it hard to make someone like Dr. Manhattan speechless. The monster sees things very logically, too logically even because he responded as if it was a normal question.

"Sure, and well, let's continue. I suddenly feel like I really want those answers, so let's do some research." Ian said, waiting for Dr. Manhattan to warp him to Earth 3.

However, Dr. Manhattan remained silent for a second, "Earth 3 Universe was erased..."

"Wait what?" Well, that certainly surprised Ian. Someone or something was able to destroy a universe while Dr. Manhattan was away for less than 0.0000000000000000........075 seconds?"

"It's because of you," Dr. Manhattan stated and explained directly after, "Lucifer destroyed it, and I couldn't stop it because I didn't see it coming. You blinded my vision of the future in that universe."

"I mean. It's your fault for not being able to stop him while he destroyed a whole universe." Ian shrugged.

"Destroying a whole universe for him takes 0.00000000000000000..." Yeah, the current number he spoke of was way lower than the previous. He basically KO'd Ian in an instant.

But Ian didn't mind. Those words told him the difference between him and Lucifer, and how much he still has to go though he believes it won't be long.

"Now that I think about it. Is there more than one Lucifer? You know, Multiverse stuff and the such." Ian spoke as he found himself on Neptune, a different Neptune of a different Universe.

"Many, but they're all the same, almost like several projections of a single thing." Dr. Manhattan then started hovering about a few centimeters above the frozen ground and closed his eyes.

Knew what to do. The same thing he did with Earth 3, spreading his influence into the universe, thus blinding Dr. Manhattan's vision of it. Only that way can Ian's capabilities be measured and studied.

And so, he started spreading his Death Force, but only after scanning the solar system with his Psych, learning of the nature of this world.

All it took was a general scan of the world, and studying some important people's memories, and he pretty much learned everything he needed to know.

On this Earth, President Lex Luthor murdered the Flash, which radicalized the Justice League, now known as the Justice Lords. 

They decided they had to clamp down on dissent in order to maintain order in their universe. They started by sentencing Luthor to death and taking over the government.

The Justice Lords use their power summarily, and they have created a fascist society that lives in fear while they rule on high from the Watchtower. 

Interestingly, Batman does not seem to agree with their ideals and continues to operate as a rebel from his cave lair. 

It made Ian wonder how he drove Batman to cooperate with someone like him, but not the Justice League when arguably, their current methods made Earth more peaceful than his Earth.

Ian prayed for their safety, showing his kindness, but a second later, he started warming up the universe for its possible destruction. 

This time, it only took him four days for his Death Force to take effect. It was a sign of how fast his power was rising without even diving into debauchery.

At this point, Ian could feel his Death Force Output increasing at all times, meaning the Death Rose on his back was getting completed faster and faster.

"Let's change things. We'll instead create a method that can cause gradual Death, and we'll observe something meantime." Dr. Manhattan woke up from his sleep at that same moment and spoke.

"By that, I assume I will have to do everything?" Ian stated, and Dr. Manhattan didn't have to respond for Ian to start his work.

He already knows why Dr. Manhattan changed the plan from destroying the universe to this. It's because the test was always how long will it take for Ian to destroy a universe or come up with a way to do so.

But this subject, Ian is very interested in it. Death relative to a universe relative to him.

So showing his expertise in biology and how destructive it can be. Ian took a tour around the Earth, finding every deadly virus still available in labs.

What came next was a combination of magic, science, and most important of all evolution. The Force of Evolution has never shone more than it did now.

Now, Imagine the deadliest of viruses, those little tiny things merging together, getting strengthened by Magic... And then they evolve. 

It's supposed to be a slow process, but Ian has control over the Force of Evolution, and time is his bitch, so how horrifying were his creations?

Seventy-five samples were the result, and after numerous tests using unnamed guinea pigs, that number went down to only five.

A virus that works mostly around biology. Another that works around Magic. One that combines the two. 

A non-biological virus that's more so a dark curse, its inspiration being the deadliest of viruses or a plague I should say, The Black Death.

The last one was still not finished. It's a bit too dangerous. Ian might have just created a Doomsday 2.0 but numerous times more dangerous.

"That's..." It was unintentional, but his fifth creation made Dr. Manhattan speechless, but his pragmatic side soon took over, "Perhaps delving into such powers can prove to be worthy... The problem is that it's unlikely for it to be worthy when I can just..."

When he can just do whatever he wants with a thought. The thing in the large tube is very interesting and horrifying even, but he can do what it can do.

"It's worthy to me. I call it... Hmm, let me think, Tiny Rose?? No, I feel like Selina would get mad if I name something 'Something' Rose again... Wait, Something, yeah, let's call it Something." 

Ian nodded to himself, seeming proud. Then again, Something suits the thing quite well. Within that large tube was something akin to a cell, like a floating bubble that seems to be in a constant state of transforming.

It was at first colorless, but then as it started getting used to its surrounding, it mimicked the space around her, becoming a mix of black and blue.

It even started to radiate a freezing temperature, mimicking the coldness of Neptune. Something looked a bit like a slime, a new baby slime with a blank memory, but instinctive manners.

"Even I have no idea how I created it, but it's certainly interesting, isn't it? What the Force of evolution is capable of." Ian wasn't ready to let it out through, he still has to take control of it with his Death Force lest things go awry.

For now, all he did was spreading the other four viruses throughout space, they'll spread by themselves because they're capable of surviving in space. They even thrive in the most dangerous of environments.

"I'll accelerate time a bit because otherwise, those things will take a few months to take effect." Dr. Manhattan murmured, and his words were brought to reality an instant later.

And soon...

14