Chapter 6.5 – Roast Servant
554 7 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Castle Neville's kitchen

Several servants were toing and froing, briskly preparing for the banquet to be held today at the Castle's dining hall. All of them are excited as they get to join the celebration too. They'll be having a feast outside the castle as well with rows of various grilled and roasted meat and ale.

"You two, get the crate of wines in the pantry and take it outside." said the Duchess' head maidservant to two random male servants before heading out of the kitchen.

"Understood." The servants replied in unison.

"Hey, don't you think this celebration is too extravagant?" whispered the servant when they get away within hearing distance.

"Why are you complaining? Isn't it fine as long as we get to eat and have fun too?"

"You have a point. Maybe they're glad that Lord Leander didn't die from the—oops, my bad." the servant immediately shut his mouth when he sees his companion widen his eyes. He forgot that it is forbidden to speak such things about an employer.

They entered the pantry and head to the long crate. They positioned on both ends of the crate and bent down to lift it when they noticed someone was snoozing on top.

"What the?! Why is John sleeping here?" 

"He's probably too tired. He was busily being ordered around since his release. He wasn't even allowed to sleep. Poor guy."

"Really? Well, at least he didn't get whipped. I was shocked that Lord Leander let him out. But then, I guessed he wants to punish John himself." 

"Yeah, me too. It gives me goosebumps on what kind of torture John will get. Would it be The Saw? The Head Crusher perhaps? Or Breast Ripper—"

"—Wait, that's for women! And what are you talking about? Have you forgotten? The torture devices were already donated to somewhere by the late General—God rest his soul!"

"—God rest his soul! Oh, right. I forgot. I was even pleased to know there are no torturing devices anymore by the time I applied here." 

"There's still The Whip, though."

"Bah! I can handle that! I would prefer that over some heinous things that stretch my limbs or having my ba—"

"Okay, stop right there! I don't want to think about your b—whatever it is before eating soon!"

"Alright, calm down. Sheesh. ...So what do we do now?" 

Both of them looked at the sleeping servant that seems like he's not waking up anytime soon.

"We don't have time to carry him to the quarters. ...Let us just carry him and put him on the bench outside."

They carried him outside and put him on the wooden bench by the kitchen table. They left him and proceeded to take the crate outside the kitchen.

"Can someone grab some more benches!" Some servant called out by the door.

They were only five servants left in the kitchen, and three of them were rolling out the food carts. 

"I'll handle it!" said a manservant near the kitchen table. When he saw the servant boy lying on the bench, he thought to himself, 'We are having a feast, and he's sleeping.' He shook his head as he lifted the lad and laid him on the table, then took the bench outside.

The servant boy stirred a little and turned to his side, still sleeping. He slowly rolled from the table and onto a big empty oval platter.

"W-what?... W-were there two roast pigs?... I thought it was only one?... P-perhaps Lord Leander requested for this..." Said the wobbly old servant while squinting her eyes looking at the platters. She found the lids and cover both trays.


7