Prologue
8.4k 15 184
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Vol. 1: Tales of a God.

Capítulo 1 - Prólogo.

Greeting, Ghost_84 here, due to recent changes in Webnovel page, I'll start to post the Fanfictions that I write here.


Pov. MC.

How long has it been? 100 years? 200 years?... I stopped counting after 50 years, I think the boredom of counting the seconds - minutes - hours - days got over me.

I still have some memories from when I was alive... I remember two people, a man, and a woman, I think they were my parents, I remember seeing them every day, it was good... But every time they left... I could hear them starting to cry on the other side of the door, I didn't want them to cry.

I remember lying in a bed, I think it was a hospital due to the characteristic smell; I remember spending my time watching movies, mainly Marvel ones, and reading manga, I remember hating one manga in particular... What was the name of that thing again? Highschool... I suppose it's not important anymore, because one day I closed my eyes and when I opened them again I was alone sitting on a log at the edge of a lake, it was beautiful... Very beautiful, it was always night, never I saw the sunrise again so I could count every star in the sky, it was snowing a little but the cold for some reason didn't bother me. I didn't want to close my eyes again, I was afraid of losing what I was seeing, so I started counting the time I was there... Until boredom overcame me and I stopped counting, and I just kept enjoying the view.

Times passed... Something different happens.

"It's very beautiful… isn't it?" said a voice beside me.

"...Yes," I said calmly... The voice sounded...welcoming like I didn't need to panic. I looked and saw a familiar face, which was in every Marvel movie I watched lying in that bed...

"...Stan Lee?..." I asked confused.

"Hum... Not exactly," he said with a small smile until he sat down on the same log I was sitting on.

...

...

"Tell me, son... What would you do if you had the opportunity to see the sun one more time?"

"… What?" I asked confused. "Don't know if you're new here old Stan, but here it's night forever, something interesting appears in the sky sometimes like a meteor shower, or the northern lights suddenly appear, or even a damn planet gets close enough to see it without needing a fucking telescope... But one thing never changes, it's ALWAYS night." I told Stan Lee's copy.

"Well... It's what you choose after all..." he said without sounding offended.

"... What did you say?" I was confused, what did he mean by that?

"Tell me, son, I know it's hard because it's night, but... Don't you think this place is kind of... Familiar?" he asked with a small smile.

I looked at it, and then I noticed the place better... The trees, the lake, and further away I could see some abandoned houses... My memory isn't the best, it never was; but... I've seen this before.

"…I've already been here…" I said looking at Stan, who seemed to agree.

"In fact... This is a small town in Norway known to you as Odda... Yes, you've been here before with your parents, when your life was more than lying in a hospital bed watching movies or anime and reading manga" Said the copy of Stan looking at the lake. "When you were still smiling at your parents and when they smiled back, they gave you a real smile, not the fake one they gave you when you were in that hospital."

"...Why am I here?" I asked.

"I already said… 'What would you do if you had the opportunity to see the sun one more time?' was my question to you, and I still waiting for the answer," he said looking at me.

I started thinking about the answer... What did I want? Money? Girls? Power? But... When we reach the end of our life, what does it all matter? When we die none of this will accompany us...

"…I don't know" I replied not knowing what to say.

"... Good answer," He said smiling.

"..."

"..."

"... If you want to make fun of me then go away," I said to him, and I started to look at the lake.

Stan Lee started laughing before answering

"I don't 'make fun' of you. What you said was a really good answer for me; you see, I'm tired of hearing absurd things humans say to me, like: 'I would live without regrets', but the truth is, people always regret their mistakes... They think they made mistakes at some point in the past, and they forget the gift that is the present, they can plan for 'their future' but the future remains uncertain. What I mean is, that you are the first one to give me this answer... Do you know why?" he asked looking at me.

"...Because I was never asked what I would do if I had a second chance?" I asked, with a slight tone of sarcasm, raising an eyebrow. He laughed again... Am I a comedian now?

"Hahahaha…No, let me tell you, something son, you only have one life, it may seem short, but if you live 'right'… Then one life is enough. You gave me that answer, it wasn't because no one ever asked you that... It was because you've already 'lived without regrets', you may have died young... But the sensations, the feelings, the happiness you felt when you were alive... They were the best things you've ever felt and will ever feel. That's why you didn't give me an answer like the others… You already have no regrets" He explained, smiling at me.

"... So what?... It's true  I have no regrets... But what happens to me now?" I asked uncertainly, looking at the old man.

"... How special you are... You choose," said Stan Lee getting up and walking towards the lake... Which now had two doors on the edge... What the hell?!

"... That wasn't there before," I said pointing to the doors.

Stan Lee smiled and said.

"It wasn't meant to be there"

"...What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, what's up with old men and their riddles?

"That's what it is; I said I would let you choose... Well, here's your choice... The door to my right will lead you to a room where you will be surveyed about your life and will decide if you will go to 'heaven' or 'hell', in the end, it comes down to eternal rest, don't worry, I've seen your life it's certain you'll go to heaven and no you won't find your grandfather or grandmother, in fact, not even they met... After all, everyone has their unique 'heaven'. The door to my left, however... Let's just say it won't be a rest for you at all... You will live again, but in the universe of my choice, but I will choose only between what you have watched or read. It will be fun, I guarantee that." Stan Lee spoke introducing the doors and what's on the other side.

"...So can I be reincarnated in the Shokugeki no Souma Universe or the Marvel Universe?" I asked to be sure.

"Well... It's like you humans sometimes say: 'Shit can go from zero to a hundred real fucking quick', due to the number of movies, anime, and manga you've seen, the odds are 1:1000 for each Universe you've already known" He said, smiling.

"Hum…" I thought.

That was probably the biggest choice of my life… On the one hand, I would have my 'eternal rest'... I would probably be bored with the 'perfection of my heaven' at some point; on the other hand, I could fall into a world of adventure and never get bored... But it could be dangerous like the fucking Marvel universe being threatened by a genocidal purple Homer Simpson steroid-soaked psychopath, or it could be a peaceful universe like Shokugeki no Souma where the worst thing that could happen to me is the loss of my clothes due to food that seems to throw golden glitter during preparation to make it shiny.

"Well… You know what they say… When you don't know where to go, you sometimes need to leap of faith into the unknown" I said, walking to the door that was on Stan's left.

"Once you open the door, there's no turning back" warned Stan Lee.

I grabbed the doorknob and opened it, for a moment it was all shiny, several images from all the universes of movies, comics, manga, anime I've seen... Until stopped at one and heard a word.

A word that made me remember the hatred for an anime that I only watched the first season.

"OPPAI!!!" Shouted a red armor that resembled a dragon.

"...No" I tried to close the door, but I didn't seem to have the strength to move the door... So I ran.

"NO!!! I REFUSE!!!" I screamed running as if my life depended on it... It does.

Until I was forced through the door, I felt like I was being sucked into a black hole.

"AAAHHH HELP ME!!! YOU SAID IT WOULD BE FUN!" I yelled toward Stan Lee, who looked calm with a smile on his face.

"Don't act like it's the end of the world... Besides, I never said it would be fun for YOU" He said smiling.

"MOTHERFUC-" I couldn't finish until I was pulled to the door and closed the door.

Pov. Third Person (Location – Limbo?).

"Hum... I think he will need a little help, but the rest will depend on him" Said the copy of Stan Lee.

He pointed a hand and fired lightning towards the door that pulled the young man by force.

"Well... my work here is done... I hope he can fill the void you left behind old friend" He spoke sadly, and disappeared from the place.


Hello there, first chapter posted.

I'm from Webnovel, the username is the same and I'll post my fanfics here because of some absurd changes in webnovel...

So... Greeting peasants.

Deixe seu comentário, e se for sobre gramática... bem... desculpe.

184