Chapter 137 two memories
464 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The office went quiet.

The delicate silverware on the corner of the table swirled, emitting small puffs of smoke and making a "tick-tock" sound.

"Your testimony is very useful, Felix." Dumbledore said, his eyes staring contemplatively at the diary, with his eyes under thick silver eyebrows, "He is even crazier than I thought."

"You mean, Voldemort,?"

"I prefer to call him Tom, Tom Riddle, which is his original name. He never shied away from that when he was in school, and the professors would not call him by his last name 'Riddle', but affectionately called him Tom." Dumbledore explained.

Felix pondered, it seems that Voldemort went to school and lived a much more nourishing life than he did.

"Is it because he made more than one Horcrux?" Felix asked.

"That's right, Felix. This magic is more evil than you can imagine, the ability to gain immortality by splitting souls-"

"Headmaster Dumbledore, I'm not interested in that." Felix interrupted, "Do you have any other questions?"

Dumbledore blinked with a pleased smile, "Felix, you know more about restraint than a younger me ... I do have one more question."

He crossed his arms on the table, "I would like to know more about what happened when the Horcruxes were damaged."

Felix had expected this, and it just so happened that he also had two things he wanted Dumbledore to know. So he turned to look at the black cabinet behind him, "Why don't you see it for yourself, Dumbledore?"

He looked back and saw Dumbledore's surprised gaze.

The older man said, "You mean, Pensieve? Many wizards avoid that ..." It is a reaction he did not anticipate at all.

"Yes, I saw it on my last visit, when the cabinet was left open." Felix explained, "As for avoidance? I do avoid it, but I personally think that since Voldemort is not dead, one day he will return, and you are the person he fears most."

Dumbledore shook his head, the old face has long been covered with wrinkles: "Felix, I am old." He waved his hand, the black cabinet door opened, a shallow stone basin flew out smoothly, and landed on the table in front of the two.

Felix carefully examined the Pensieve, an ancient and rare magical artefact. There were strange carvings on the mouth of the basin: they were various mysterious runes and symbols.

He could make out some, but more were in the blind spot of his knowledge.

Inside the Pensieve is a pool of silvery substance, sort of like bright silver, but in constant flow. Felix drew his wand and touched it gently with the tip, and the silver light swirled softly.

He then placed his wand against his forehead and Dumbledore whispered, "Felix, I must thank you for your trust in me."

Felix gave a mischievous smile, "Oh, Headmaster Dumbledore, I will only show you the most crucial memories, some private matters I will hide well - you won't get anything out of it even if you stick your nose in."

Dumbledore showed a cheerful smile for the first time tonight.

A shimmering silver strand was pulled out and added to the Pensieve, and Felix stirred it with his wand, letting the strand melt into the silver light.

The two reached out at the same time, and when their fingertips touched the silver light inside the basin, a great attraction pulled, and they did not resist, falling into the Pensieve smoothly.

The first memory is very short -

An elf fell to the ground, and 'Felix' summoned a long sword of Fiendfyre pointed straight at the Diary.

The Horcrux let out a dying cry: "No, I can tell you the secret of conquering death-"

But 'Felix' did not hesitate half a second, controlling the longsword directly through the Horcrux, and the voice ended abruptly.

This memory ends here.

The two figures reappeared in the office, Dumbledore's expression was very complex, but also with a sense of inexplicable relief.

He looked at Felix: "I am proud of your choice, in the war years, many famous wizards were easily compelled by him, not to mention his secret of conquering death."

Dumbledore didn't even mention why Felix is able to use the Fiendfyre curse to such an extent.

At other times, he might have advised Felix not to go too deep, but now, compared to rejecting the Horcrux, this is simply irrelevant.

And this is the first thing that Felix wanted to tell Dumbledore.

The next is the second memory -

In a pure white space, ice blue and bronze magic intertwined into a huge vortex, constantly tearing the Diadem, wisps of black gas spilled from the diadem.

Dumbledore looked oddly not very far away, across from the ' Felix ', is a beautiful and serious witch, Helena and her arm linked together, they said something, but Dumbledore could not hear anything, even the face is blurred.

"Is this what you call privacy?"

"We're discussing my wizarding path," Felix said briefly.

Dumbledore shut his mouth tightly, such things were the secrets of powerful wizards. He turned to look at the vortex in midair and let out a sigh of admiration.

Halfway through the day, a blurry face burst out of the diadem and was immediately and completely churned up by the vortex.

Dumbledore sighed with emotion, but he found that the two did not leave the memory, and after a while, he heard the only words in the whole memory.

It was the words that Lady Rowena Ravenclaw said to Felix, "I will recreate the diadem as your reward."

The words, in the empty white space, kept echoing.

Dumbledore looked speechlessly at Felix, who was nodding approvingly, and the next second, the memory ended.

The air in the office settled down, no one spoke first.

Half a minute later, Dumbledore said helplessly: "I understand what you mean, the diadem is yours, no one can snatch it away, and if others have objections, I will testify for you."

Felix revealed a bright smile, "Thank you so much, Headmaster Dumbledore, I've been worried that there would be some unreasonable school board members or the Minister of Magic looking for me."

As he spoke, Felix nimbly used his wand to pick out his memories and let them dissipate completely.

Dumbledore suddenly felt a pang of heartburn as he waved his hand, "You can take the diadem."

Felix politely offered his farewell and turned to leave.

Walking out of the office, he showed a satisfied smile, the expected goals were accomplished.

His main goal had three points, one was how to interpolate the diary into his version of the story, and the second was how to dispel any doubts Dumbledore might have: what if Felix had become interested in the Horcrux? Three is the ownership of the diadem, he did not want to make any compromise on the right to ownership.

So after he finished telling the story, he smoothly threw out two memories, corresponding to the second and third goals. Among them, the second goal was the most important.

So careful because he knew that Dumbledore held concerns about him, fearing that he had gone dark and become another Dark Lord.

And even more frightening is that Dumbledore is more than a hundred years old, he can not afford to miscalculate the consequences. And Felix? Only 22 years old, far from his peak.

From the past deeds, this worry Felix completely understands.

So he could only put in more effort to beat the old headmaster's doubts by doing this.

''I can be a really considerate person.''

14