Chapter 402 Chemistry
409 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Gryffindor plus five points."

"So, the magical handbook we are studying today is from Andros' descendants, possibly his children or nephews, and it records some of Andros' views on magic, all written casually." Felix said mildly: "Although I don't really acknowledge some views within ... but it's still good to use it to broaden your thinking."

Ron, who received extra points, sat down giddily, although the House Cup had been cancelled this year because of the Tournament, but still, it was an honour, especially when he saw the Slytherin students' unconvinced expressions, he felt happier.

Felix also received an unexpected surprise. In this class, everyone answered the questions actively and enthusiastically, and he gave the students extra points as though he didn't care about it-

"Miss Greengrass, a very accurate answer, Slytherin plus five points."

"Mr. Finnigan, although you raised your hand quickly, your answer is not comprehensive, so only two points. Let me explain more specifically, powerful is not the same as explosive strength, we can find another time to discuss this issue separately, I happen to have some useful tips."

"Crabbe ... your answer is full of imagination, please sit down."

...

At the end of class, Hermione stayed behind.

"Would you like me to recommend some books about how to analyse alchemical artefacts?" Felix asked.

"Yes, Professor," Hermione said, as Harry and Ron looked at him intently from the back, she calmly added, "We need to crack the secret of the golden egg, and besides trying our luck, we currently have two ideas, one is to use various deciphering spells, such as a Revealing Charm, Revelio Charm, Specialis Revelio or some similar spells ... we have planned to try them one by one! The second idea is to start from the perspective of alchemy," she shrugged, "No matter what, this is also an alchemical artefact, if we can analyse its production method, no matter what secrets are hidden inside we can discover them."

She glanced at Felix as if asking for advice, "Professor, we think that this is a test for champions, isn't that right?"

Felix dismissed the question. "I have not touched the golden egg before to give an accurate answer about it. However, there is nothing wrong with your line of thinking, if it is me, I will also be thinking in this way."

Hermione's expression looked as if she had been greatly encouraged, as she glanced smugly at Harry and Ron.

Harry did think that the method of trying their luck is not bad, his luck is occasionally bad, and sometimes he gets into dangerous trouble, but so far, he is still alive fully intact... which tells a lot about his luck.

Felix wrote a list of books and signed his name at the same time. "There are some books in here that are from Nicolas Flamel's collection and research, and I picked out some that I felt were appropriate and put its copy in the library. A part of the introductory books are placed in the alchemy section, and a part involving the manufacture of alchemical artefacts is placed in the restricted section."

He handed Hermione the list of books with his signature on it and walked out of the classroom with them.

"It just so happens that I'm going to the library as well, and I'll give you guys a favour by the way, as some books are hidden very secretly that Mrs. Pince may not be able to spot it ..."

Hermione asked with interest, "Professor, are you going to research something new?"

"Oh, sort of," Felix muttered, "if the shield charm counts as something new."

There was some noise outside the library, a group of people blocking the entrance as two senior witches looked inside excitedly on a tiptoe. Hermione said impatiently, "Can't he just take the book and read it back on their ship?"

Felix saw the figure of Krum and knew in his heart that all these people outside should be his admirers.

Ron's expression looked a little odd, he adored Krum greatly before, but after becoming a champion, he unconsciously considered him as a rival, at this time, with one hand on his book bag, he wondered whether he should take out a parchment to ask for his autograph or not.

But when he saw a few girls at the door looking back at them discreetly and gossiping, he put his hand down and straightened his chest as if he was receiving a review. After all, he is one of the champions, and it would be too shameful to ask another champion for an autograph.

"What's on your mind?" Harry bumped his shoulder.

Ron realized that Professor Hap and Hermione had already gone in first. Harry looked Ron up and down and said with a stifled smile, "You weren't expecting someone to ask you for an autograph, were you?"

"Oh, of course not?!" Ron said aloud, with a deep blush on his face.

At that moment, he spotted Moody walking out from inside, holding a stack of books, and as he passed them, Moody paused and stared at them with his two eyes simultaneously.

"You guys did well, especially that digging tunnel trick, it was a stroke of genius! Yeah, for you guys, it fitted perfectly."

They both watched Professor Moody limp away, and Ron said incredulously, "Fit? Does he think we're groundhogs? It's not like we had another choice..."

Harry shook his head, "Maybe he thought that for our age, avoiding a head-on confrontation with a dragon was the right thing to do."

They walked into the library and found Hermione already sitting at a table with a large stack of books and waving at them, next to her is Professor Hap, who also has a stack of books in front of him, only it is a little taller than the one beside Hermione.

Harry and Ron sat in the empty seat, looking at the book in front of Hermione.

"Analysis of General Alchemical Artefacts", "The Complete Book of Common Alchemical Techniques", "Nicolas Flamel Manuscript I", "The Nine Major School of Alchemy", "The Fifth Element Controversy", "Hide Your Secrets", "Unreliable Alchemy" ..."

Ron ran his fingers over the spines of the books, reading the names on them.

"You can start with the most basic ones, I recommend "Unreliable Alchemy" by an alchemist from the seventeenth century." Felix said without looking up as he leafed the page.

As he spoke, a large book flew out of the stack of books in front of them, and slammed down before them with a thud, "The book introduces the basic concepts of alchemy, and refutes some wrong ideas from the Muggle world... ..."

He hesitated for a moment, but he was still unable to resist the urge to introduce a few more words.

"The author of this book, if he had gone deeper, or if someone later had inherited his ideas, maybe there would have been a field just as wonderful as alchemy. But the concept of magic limited him, plus in his time, ordinary people confused chemistry with alchemy, and alchemy flourished that time, so many mistakes became so obvious ..."

He paused, "So you will find the author of this book held 'alchemy' in the common world with contempt."

"After that, because of the Statute of Secrecy, no more alchemists paid attention to the ridiculous conclusions of the non-magical community. And it turns out: they, I mean the muggles, already figured out their own alchemy, only they called it something else - Chemistry."

-------------

Thanks for all your support.

There are 457+ chapters on P_atreon, if you have some extra pocket money, Support me on Pa_treon: www.pa_treon.com/Crazy_Cat.

10