A Break
2k 4 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Genji maintained his eyes closed and mentally smirked as he looked at the two new skills and the skill level ups.

'So… improvising and attempting to improve gives more experience than simple systematic attacks…' thought Genji as he sensed the young man run around and hearing his footsteps followed by small explosions.

'There!'

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Heightened Senses> (Lvl. 5)]

[<Hyper Sense> (Lvl. 3)]

[<Danger Sense> (Lvl. 22)]

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Adept Poleman> (Lvl. 26)]

Just like the last attack, Genji quickly spun his staff and thrusted it towards the fire blast and dispersed it before swinging his staff towards the rapidly retreating young man.

"Tsk…"

Genji heard the young man click his tongue before rapidly retreating and looking at Genji with an annoyed look on his face.

Calmly turning his head over to the young man, Genji ran forward and quickly arrived before the shocked man.

'So fast!'

Genji swung his staff at the young man and missed as the young man pushed himself away by the force of his own fire blast.

Bang!

Appearing seven feet away, the young man smirked and looked over at Genji when he suddenly felt a strong force on his back.

Pa!

"Cough!"

Out of nowhere, Genji's staff struck the young man on the back precisely on the middle of his back, knocking the wind out of him.

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Adept Poleman> (Lvl. 29)]

"Woooahhhh!"

"Holy shit!"

"That was amazing!"

The crowd went wild with Genji's last attack and were shocked by how he had pulled it off. They were looking at the fight and they had seen everything that had happened so far. Yet they couldn't wrap their mind's around Genji's last attack.

Genji had remained still where he last was when he rushed the young man and instantly thrusted his staff over to where the young man had run off to. Just when the crowd had believed that the young man had escaped, the crowd watched in shock as the staff that Genji stabbed towards the young man suddenly came to life.

It twisted and moved like a whip as it bent and struck the young man on the back and struck the wind out of him.

Hell, even Genji was shocked by how he had accomplished it.

[Ding! New skill learnt!]

[<Precision> (Lvl. 1)]

[ - Land precise strikes. The higher the level, the more precise and smaller a target could be! Ex: Hitting a single ant within millions with a huge hammer.]

Genji was just about to launch one more attack when he suddenly saw the young man breathe fire towards him.

Fwoosh!

Reacting quickly, Genji jumped back and evaded the attack. With a sweep of his staff, Genji dispersed the fire that had almost reached him.

"Cough! Heh, that was a good shot," mumbled the young man as he looked Genji in the eyes with the same confident smile as before.

Genji opened his eyes and looked at the young man slowly standing up before raising his hand.

"I forfeit!"

'Huh?'

Genji looked at the young man in shock and didn't expect him to suddenly give up. He looked like he was going to continue the fight and Genji was even preparing himself to continue fighting.

Disappointed, Genji could only look at the young man get off the stage and walk away. Even the referee was at a loss for words as he watched the young man leave confidently as if he had won the fight.

Genji sighed and just turned to look at the referee who had already turned around to announce the next fighter.

Out of the corner of his eyes, Genji noticed another referee from a different ring approaching Genji's referee.

The other referee whispered into the referee's ear before pointing over to Genji who was looking at them from a distance.

The referee nodded before turning to look over at Genji and smiling, "Contestant #13, you have moved up to the big leagues! Please follow this gentleman next to me."

At that moment, Genji knew something was wrong.

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Acting> (Lvl. 21)]

'Looks like more people are finding out that I'm a non-bender and are believing it,' thought Genji as he sent a sideway glance at the new referee before following behind him.

Genji was led over to a different ring and when he saw what was there, he quickly felt like he was being overestimated.

With the corner of his lips twitching, Genji saw various 4's looming over the heads of various people on the stage. Some were still level 3, but the majority were level 4.

'Just why was I put here…'

Genji knew that for other people aside from him, their level is closely linked to their skill levels. Meaning that they are very experienced and can contain many skills that are either at a lower level, or one or two skills that are high level.

From what Genji had noticed through his time in the Fire Nation ship of Zuko's, those at level 4 could have two skills at a high level.

Since leveling up will become more difficult to achieve even for Genji as his level increases, the same is applied for other people. If their level is higher, their skills are stronger and they can have much more skills.

There was still one that he hadn't found out however.

Do their body's strength affect the level as well? Iroh was obviously an example that it did. But what about vitality or energy?

Looking at the various warriors in the ring, Genji began to have second thoughts about fighting in this tournament. Level three was such a good level for Genji to bully and rake up skill experience, but what about those on level four?

Sighing, Genji rescinded to his fate and entered the ring. The instant he stepped a foot into the ring, Genji felt pressure from the various stares and their strength loomed over him and pressed him down.

Genji gritted his teeth and stood tall, enduring the pressure falling on him.

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Indomitable Will> (Lvl. 6)]

Slowly, Genji felt the pressure disappear and become nothing but a breeze after standing still for a while.

"Haa…"

Exhaling, Genji felt much better after the pressure had eased off.

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Indomitable Will> (Lvl. 7)]

Eventually, Genji was already feeling much better and more calm.

With a steady gaze, Genji scanned the ring and looked at every contestant in the ring. Some had weapons and others had a strong energy emanate from their body.

Genji knew that each person here in the ring is a formidable foe that he would have a lot of difficulty defeating.

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Indomitable Will> (Lvl. 8)]

[<Hyper Sense> (Lvl. 6)]

Genji walked forward and approached the contestants.

Standing near them, Genji was mildly surprised to feel the pressure return since he got closer to the sources of the pressure.

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Indomitable Will> (Lvl. 9)]

'Damn… this pressure is annoying,' thought Genji as he got used to the pressure once more.

Soon, the sound of a gong being hit resounded in the surrounding area and everyone turned to look over to the area where the commentator would stand.

Up on that small stage, everyone noticed a very well dressed man.

'Who is he?' thought Genji as he noticed show this man some respect.

It wasn't long before the man finally opened his mouth and begun to speak.

"Today, the Agni Combat Tournament will be suspended and continued tomorrow in a free-for-all. I hope you all appear, if not…"

The man went quiet and shook his head before looking at everyone with a serious look on his face.

"I hope to see you all here tomorrow in this ring."

The man left and all the contestants in the upper ring and Genji were a little astounded and wondered what was occurring.

Not very curious as to why, Genji just found it as the best time to get out early and go eat and train.

***

"Hahaha!"

"Aang! Be careful," said Katara as she looked at Aang riding a horse that had the head of a gorilla, body and hind legs of a horse, and the arms of a gorilla.

It was mostly domestic, but the Horse Monkey could become aggressive in a moments notice.

"Haha!"

Aang, whether he heard her or not, continued to have fun and jumped from Horse Monkey to Horse Monkey.

Looking at Aang play around with the Horse Monkeys whilst she remained on Appa, bored. She turned to look at her brother who was training with his boomerang.

"What are you doing Sokka?"

Sokka continued to throw his boomerang and catch it as it came back before turning to look at Katara.

"I'm training to improve my boomerang skills," said Sokka as he scratched his head with the boomerang. "It's because of that guy. That… firebender guy. He dodged boomy when he was returning to attack a second time."

Sokka lowered his head and blamed his skills for not being able to stop a single person. A single person who beat him up after dodging his boomerang.

Katara furrowed her eyebrows as she tried to remember who exactly it was. It has been a week, almost two, since Aang appeared at the south pole and the Fire Nation found them.

Closing her eyes and remembering the time Sokka was beaten…

A pair of golden eyes appeared within her head and she felt momentarily dazed before seeing that smile followed with the eyes. Behind the young man who was smiling, Katara saw a knocked out Sokka in the snow.

Frowning, Katara opened her eyes.

"I… remember that," she mumbled as she turned to look at Sokka who had already resumed his training.

Katara looked at Sokka training, briefly remembering the time the young man's golden eyes within her mind.

"Hmph!"

Turning her head away, Katara closed her eyes and laid down before briefly taking a nap.

A small blush forming on her face.

***

"Hmm…"

Looking at the board before him, Iroh rubbed his belly before joyfully smiling and moving a piece on the Go game.

"Uncle," said Zuko as he entered the ship's deck and looked at his uncle, Iroh.

Iroh turned away from the game and turned to look at Zuko with a smile, "Nephew, what brings you here? Up for a game of Go?"

Shaking his head, Zuko said, "I want you to train me today, uncle."

Scratching his chin, Iroh thought about it for a second before moving a Go piece. He turned to look at Zuko.

"Maybe a bit of meditation for four days will do you some good before I train you in a Firebending technique," said Iroh as he smiled a little. "A calm mind will help your body relax and help you body learn the new technique much more rapidly."

Zuko furrowed his eyebrows but said nothing as he turned to head back into his room and meditated.

"..."

Smiling, Iroh turned away from where Zuko left with a proud look on his face before resuming the Go game.

"Huh? I'm losing?!"

***

"These trips are always so boring…"

Riding in a luxurious carriage pulled by a dragon moose, Azula was sitting in the carriage with a smile on her face.

She turned to look out of the carriage and watched all of the surroundings move at rapid speeds. Fire Fountain City is far away from the Fire Nation Capital, but with the Dragon Mooses running fast, she would be arriving by night.

"I must find someone useful," mumbled Azula as she suddenly remembered her father's order. "I CAN NOT fail this mission. I will drag back someone strong and make them someone useful under me before giving them away. I will not disappoint my father…"

Azula went quiet for a second and her smile slowly disappeared as a serious look appeared on her face. Her eyes turned blank and she muttered under her breath.

"I will not… disappoint… father…"

Suddenly, Azula remembered her brother and her mother and the light returned to her eyes. She smirked and thought to herself, 'I will be much better than that useless brother of mine. And mother, I will show her the power I hold.'

Looking out into the distance with lit up eyes, Azula looked forward to finding something in Fire Fountain City.

78