Stat Growth
820 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just like that, the battle had come to an end under Azula's leadership. She took control after Zhao's death and had already killed those who knew what she had done.

Now, all she had to do was return to the Fire Nation to report Zhao's uselessness.

Genji was saying goodbye to Yue and the entire Northern Water Tribe the following morning after the Fire Nation warships had left.

With everyone understanding that such an outstanding waterbender like Genji must assist the Avatar with his training, no one dared to stop him from leaving.

Now, preparing to leave with Aang and Katara, Genji stood next to Appa as he listened to Yue with a grave look on his face.

"Pakku? Who's that? Escape technique? There are things like that?"

Understanding by Yue's confused look, Genji knew that Yue wasn't feigning or acting.

Seemingly, Pakku's existence had disappeared from the world and Genji was the only one to remember his existence.

Right before leaving, Genji had decided to personally go to Pakku's house to see if he could find anything that could explain his sudden disappearance.

However, when he got there, the house was nowhere to be seen.

All traces of Pakku had been erased.

"Just… what exactly happened?"

Even using his appraisal skill was useless after he used it in the area where Pakku once lived.

[#*%#^#££%%€\?<%*\!]

[ERROR!]

Genji frowned as he looked at the bright red screen with the bold 'ERROR' on it.

'I'll have to deal with this some other day. At this point I can't do anything since I don't have a single clue about what's going on…' thought Genji as walked away with a frown.

Kissing Yue on the lips before boarding the Appa Express, Genji waved goodbye to everyone as Appa headed straight up to the sky.

As soon as they were out of sight, Genji stopped waving goodbye, his hands slowly falling to his side as he quietly began to miss the Northern Water Tribe already.

Hais~!

Sighing, Genji turned and noticed the quiet atmosphere.

On one side, Aang was acting rather serious and sad as he held onto Appa's reins.

Aang's mind was occupied with what he saw after he left the Spirit World and was depressed at how he didn't get to help the Northern Water Tribe after having entered the Spirit World and finding a solution to their problem.

On the other side was Katara, depressed at her brother's disappearance.

"Katara, your brother is a smart guy. He's a person who can accomplish something as long as he is determined," said Genji as he approached Katara and patted her head. "I'm sure that wherever he is, he will make wise and kind choices that won't hurt anyone. That's just the kind of person he is."

For someone like Genji who has control over the entirety of the Northern Water Tribe, finding out that Sokka escaped was an easy matter.

The instant that the battle on the Northern Water Tribe had ended, Genji received notices from the various surviving prison guards that many prisoners had met an untimely death. Whilst others had merely fled and even joined in on the fight to protect the Northern Water Tribe.

After hearing that many prisoners had died, Genji even felt a tinge of pity. It seemed that after spending much time with Yue and training almost the entire Northern Water Tribe, Genji had become more soft.

Flinching at Genji's words, Katara remembered various instances with her brother.

When she took care of him like a mother, she had seen her own brother grow up right before her eyes. Despite being obnoxious at times, she knew that her brother is someone dependable and kind.

'Right!

One day, Sokka will return. I have to show him that I have also grown as a person when he returns!'

Katara lifted her head and her previous depressed disposition disappeared as a look of determination appeared.

Nodding at Katara's change, Genji stood up.

"Thank you."

Genji turned to look at Katara, showing her a charming smile before walking to Aang and sitting next to him..

"What's got you so serious kid?" asked Genji as he gave Aang a heavy slap on the back.

Pak!

"Ah!"

Aang was slapped out of his serious mode as he turned to look at Genji with a pained smile.

"Ma-master Genji!" Aang greeted.

Genji nodded and didn't say anything about the way Aang called him. He was teaching him how to waterbend, so Aang took it seriously and decided to call him master.

Though Aang wouldn't take him in as someone whom he could wholeheartedly teach his skills to, he didn't mind teaching Aang a portion of Waterbending.

"So, what happened in the Spirit World? What has you acting so serious," asked Genji as he looked at Aang.

"Oh… nothing happened in the Spirit World," said Aang as he smiled as he faced toward the sky.

Smirking, Genji could only shake his head as he knew that Aang wouldn't tell him anything right now. The problem wasn't anything serious.

Instead, it might be because he's jealous.

Genji raised an eyebrow and thought that it must be it.

He knew that Aang has a crush on Katara, not just that, but if he remembers correctly, nothing important happened in the Spirit World when Aang went there this time around.

So, shaking his head lightly, Genji went back to Appa's saddle and began to look at his stats before glancing at his stats and unused stat points.

Power: 15

Vitality: 14

Energy: 11

Spirit: 43

Stat Points: 8

Without thinking too much about it, Genji tossed his stat points into all three of his tangible stats.

The instant he sent the unused stats into Power, Vitality, and Energy, Genji instantly felt the change in his body.

It was an amazing feeling.

He could feel the power in his body changing with the increased stats.

He felt his muscles, bones and entire body becoming more tough and strong, like he was brimming with power.

The feeling didn't just end there with his strength, he felt his organs all becoming stronger. It enhanced the productivity of all his organs like his Heart.

His heart pumped blood within his body faster and in a strong manner, like the strength of a Giraffe's heart.

Vitality was next, causing Genji's body, heart and blood to burn and flow within his body in a more virile manner.

His skin and body both became healthier as the blood flowed rapidly through each vein in his body, giving Genji a more neat and clean look to him.

An air of nobility swirled around him from how pristine he looked for the amount of vitality within him.

Vitality didn't just come with a better health and stronger heart, it came with the ability to survive in even the most dire situations and strong stamina.

Dire situations being blood loss or even something like a missing heart.

It was like increased endurance.

If one paid closer attention to Genji, anyone would be able to notice that Genji's wounds could heal themselves faster than the average person. This had also made Genji's healing abilities stronger as well.

Finally, energy.

Genji felt something within him grown in size, and after he felt the growth stop, the surrounding air around him surged towards him.

He felt energy enter his body and into the area that had expanded.

His energy capacity had increased and Genji felt like he could clearly last longer using his bending skills.

Clenching his fists, Genji was satisfied with his increased stats.

Power: 16

Vitality: 16

Energy: 16

Spirit: 43

Stat Points: 0

He could now focus on his skills and enhance them.

Raising his head, Genji glanced at both Katara and Aang.

His growth just now had affected the wind and he was a bit worried about Aang and Katara's reactions, however he had nothing to worry about. As they were traveling through the air still, they didn't feel much of a change to the wind.

Surprisingly, not even the Airbender Aang had felt the change.

Nonetheless, Genji didn't care either way if they figured it out or not. It would just be a pain in the ass to explain.

With all that out of the way, he could continue to experience his Waterbending that had experienced a change due to his enlightenment before. Controlling the water with his mind and even making his body 'embody' the properties of water, fluid and flexible.

Yet despite how his Waterbending had become stronger. Genji didn't see any change to the skill level within his system.

It made him question the system and it's origins.

Was it there to help him? Or was it there randomly?

Questions popped within his mind and he didn't know what was happening.

When he got an enlightenment, the system had experienced its first error. Now, every time he checked the information of his Waterbending skill, it would display an error.

It seemed like the system couldn't read the change in his Waterbending.

With this in mind, Genji knew that he could make other skills become stronger despite the level cap.

'Polearms, Martial Arts, firebending, and my other skills… if I can bring them to their 'max' level, I can try to break through their limits,' thought Genji as he secretly began to use his firebending.

This was the skill closest to being maxed out aside from Polearms. Martial Arts can't have their limits broken through right now since he was currently so high up in the air and Appa's saddle only had so much space.

Quietly, Genji began to secretly use firebending behind his back, attempting to increase its level.

With the Fire being brought behind his back, Genji had much trouble controlling it with his hands. However, with this increased difficulty, it also brought many benefits.

Before Genji and the rest knew it, the sun was beginning to settle and the moon was becoming more visible as the sun disappeared.

Slowly, Aang guided Appa down to the frozen ground before setting up camp and going to sleep.

Genji followed suit and fell asleep as well, for the first time in weeks.

'My days are just going to get more relaxed now…' thought Genji as he smiled lightly and slowly dozed off.

Without the threat of Azula or Zuko, Genji didn't need to worry about any problems along the road. It was smooth sailing from here on out.

***

Night passed and morning arrived.

Genji woke up very early, he felt fresh and with enough energy to last him for a week.

With Aang and Katara both still asleep, Genji made use of waking up very early to train in his Firebending.

Before long, Aang and Katara stirred awake and with his powerful senses, Genji switched to his Waterbending in an instant.

"Your both finally awake," casually mentioned Genji as he turned to look at Aang and Katara who both still seemed tired.

"Morning…"

Groggily Aang before washing up his face with the cold water and feeling more awake compared to before. Katara on the other hand, stretched a little and already began to feel more awake.

"Let's begin some training now," said Genji as his hand whipped forward and shot some water towards both Katara and Aang.

PSSHH!

Katara managed to curve the trajectory of the water but Aang failed to react as the water splashed onto his face and clothes.

"Ah! So cold!" Aang complained as he shivered.

"Haha… let's begin training Master Genji," said Katara as he giggled at Aang's misfortune before focusing her gaze on Genji.

"Good!

Feel free to join in whenever Aang."

Genji began to instruct Katara and taught her some useful Waterbending skills as Aang dried himself off before rapidly joining in as well.

Mornings were always like this and with the flip of a page, a week passed and Genji and the rest were outside of Omashu.

The group of three had already gone to the crazy general, but there wasn't much for Genji to do besides showing Aang the responsibility and danger the Avatar State holds.

With that said, Genji looked forward to meeting up with Azula again.

36