Well this is different
2.1k 5 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as he opened his eyes, he was ready. Servants bring him to their king and the king would task him with saving the world.

You know, the usual.

There were those oddities when humans and demons summoned him together to defeat a greater threat.

He had battled gods and came out victorious before, only, there was no one to celebrate the victory with.

He was betrayed countless, he danced with death so often that one would question why they weren't dating yet.

He mastered countless forms of combat. Countless forms of magic strong enough to bring Gods to their knees.

Along the way, saving the world became a chore. His comrades died, and sometimes, he would have to kill them to stop their suffering, simply because he didn't know a way to regenerate their lower half yet.

He stopped accepting help around his fiftieth life, and anyone that died was revived around his seventieth life.

He was glad for those times that he actually reincarnated in a normal household, grew up, and got to relax, however, peace never lasted long. Wars breaking out over the pettiest of things was not unusual and he always got roped in.

Hell, he was sure that there were a few worlds that had legends of him in their history books.

But now was not the time to recall the good old days, now was the time to accept the next great quest.

"Hello!"

...He stared at the woman in front of him, or more likely, right above him since he was lying down.

Her pink eyes gleamed with playfulness, excitement, and trepidation.

She had her black hair tied in two pigtails and she was wearing... What was that?

"..."

Sitting up, he watched in interest as the woman just floated back revealing a bright pink outfit with a skirt and... A staff with a heart where there is usually a magic stone would be.

"The hell?"

The woman pouted, bringing her hands right below her chin and giving a huff.

"Mou! What do you mean by that? Aren't you amazed by the amazingness that is Levia-tan?"

...Mou?

Looking around, he could see that he was in a bed... no, he wasn't in a bed, he was lying on top of it.

Deciding that looking around normally would take too long, he spread his senses out, taking in the whole room and anything and anyone. Two outside next to the door but he couldn't sense them properly, maybe a magic barrier?

"Where am I?"

The woman pouted some more before huffing again and floating down to the ground.

"We are in the underworld."

...So he was summoned by demons again? Were the humans invading... Again?

Looking down at his body, he guessed he was about seventeen or eighteen.

The familiar but still somewhat strange energy he was feeling was acknowledged, but now wasn't the time for that, when he assimilated his soul with his body, he should have access to all the magic he learned.

"So... What am I doing here?"

She smiled.

___ 

"So... Let me get this straight, I was reincarnated as a devil and your "Queen" and now im in your peerage to serve you... Like a slave?"

He needed to get his magic back as soon as possible, he might be a lot of things but a slave was not one of them.

"Don't talk like that! I won't treat you like a slave! You will even get a high-class devil status just because you are my queen!"

His face remained impassive as she pouted at him and leaned back, thinking.

"There are no wars currently, right?"

"Nope!"

"How long do devils live?"

"10,000 years, give or take."

"Is there a way to... Get out of this Peerage?"

She frowned adorably but that had no effect, like usual.

"But why?! I promise to treat you nicely and you will even get to participate in a movie! Please don't leave me!"

Well, he has never been an... Actor...

"What year is it?"

She tilted her head in confusion, and he guessed she was wondering why he asked such a question.

"In the human world, it should be the twenty-first century..."

... Twenty-first-century... Modern houses, cars, tea, soda, coffee, phones... The Internet!

"Alright, fine, whatever, what do I do now?"

He would play along until he got access to his magic again and figured out if he was in any political situation right now, he wanted some peace until he managed to work his body up to par not squads of soldiers coming after him because he defied their system.

"Well, you see, do you remember anything before you woke up?"

Focusing slightly, he sorted through this body's memories, from what he could tell, he was killed by five people that looked like they were from the church.

But why would they kill him? He was an average kid that seemed like he was even having a hard time keeping up with his peers.

"There were five of them, wearing white robes."

She looks at him for a moment before looking up to the ceiling, seemingly thinking.

"Hmm."

Indeed.

While she took her time thinking, he started feeling around his body. There was magic... Pitiful amount by his standards but still, it was magic, things would be simpler then. However, right now, he needed to figure out his situation... And get a phone, he missed that small little rectangle so much.

"Well then, take a break, I still have some work to do but I will be back soon, I'll teach you magic and answer any questions you have okay?"

She was so cheery, clapping her hands, she turned around and walked to the door, opening it. Before she left, Serafall turned to him and asked a question she should have asked when he first woke up.

"What's your name, by the way?"

He deadpanned.

51