Magic?
1.7k 5 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first thing he did was probe around with his magic, inspecting it, analyzing it, and then scoffing at it.
Pitiful.
This was pitiful. That's all he had to say, he would put it on the lower rank worlds if he had to.
Well, he would need to start the process now... Or he could take this life as a vacation... A very long one.
...He did deserve it after he killed six gods last time, he didn't even get to rest after that! War was over, he had to do politics.
Anyway, what better time to start working on his soul than now, should take about a week or so.
___
"So you're one of the kings of the underworld?"
He only asked as a formality, it wasn't that unusual, but there was usually someone higher than kings so... Meh.
"Mhmm, isn't your amazing king Levia-Tan amazing?"
Considering how strong she was, he would say yes, she was amazing, for this world.
The two walked down the hallway, heading toward somewhere he didn't know.
He wouldn't ask, he didn't care, he was on a vacation...
"Say, according to what you told me, could I theoretically... Kill a low-class devil by saying the G word a few hundred times?"
He would rather ask random ass questions for shits and giggles.
Serafall looked over her shoulder with a deadpan expression.
"Really?"
"Hey! It's a genuine question!"
It was! She had no idea what he tried to entertain himself throughout his lifetimes. One of them was a game he came up with "The dumbest way to commit murder", the top spot was held by a banana peel... It was enchanted but still.
She looks at him for a little longer before sighing.
"You can give one migraine at best."
...Oh, that is perfect.
"Imagine a low-class devil walking along the street-"
She turned around and started walking backward, paying attention if for nothing more than amusement.
"-Suddenly he gets a migraine from some completely unknown asshole that shouted the name of big-G, stepped on a magic banana peel, and impaled themselves on a conveniently placed spear..."
She sent him a blank look.
"You know... For someone who was a normal human a few hours ago, you talk about killing like it's just another apple you eat every day."
He tilted his head at his new temporary-but-still-not-sure king and shrugged.
That was one way to say that he didn't give a fuck.
He had nothing to do and his mind wandered, a wandering mind comes up with the craziest things, he should know.
"And, we're here!-"
Serafall opened double doors that revealed an empty room, however, he could feel the magic contained in the walls, probably a barrier to contain whatever attacks were shot off in the room.
"-Here, I can show you, my cute little queen, how to use magic!"
Well... Wasn't that swell?
He supposed that if they had a unique way of casting, it would be a good addition to-
"Devil magic is simple, it works on your imagination, with your larger than average reserves for a newly reincarnated devil, it should be a walk in the park!"
...Well, that plan went to shit.
You see, that way of using magic was really... Costly, but not in the mana department.
The imagination took concentration. The concentration that would be better used in a fight, that's why he used specialized magic circles that he developed himself.
Contrary to popular belief, pain wasn't a good motivator. It's death that was a good teacher.
But he wouldn't tell her that.
She raised her hand and produced an ice pillar.
...
"Okay..."
Raising a hand, he did nothing, didn't call for his magic, didn't activate a magic circle, anything.
"Eh? But it should have worked, what were you trying to do?"
Heh...
"Do you really want to know?"
His blank look met her curious one, the clash only lasted for a few seconds before one of the mighty devil kings relented.
"Meanie."
Rolling his eyes, he went back to the magic inside of him. So... This was above average for a newly reincarnated devil? The weakest of magicians he had known had more than this, but maybe humans in this world don't hold much magic potential.
Returning his focus back in front of him, he called out his minuscule amount of magic to his palm, transforming it into his favored element, Lightning.
When your opponents were able to regenerate you had to find a way around it, and he chose lightning, the sudden burst of pain proved to be helpful in his fight.
Blue lightning crackled across his palm and not even a second later, it shot forward impacting the wall, the explosion that followed was loud but it didn't faze him, and neither did it faze Serafall, who put her hands on her ears.
"Woah! You managed to pull it off, looks like Levia-tan has picked a good queen after all!"
... Did she refer to herself in the third person?
And she wasn't sure if it was a good idea to reincarnate him? Then why did she waste a valuable peace on him?
Rolling his eyes at her antics, he zoned out in her animated talking and proceeded to advance his assimilation of his soul with his body.
Slowly but surely, he started getting the feeling of his equipment, his armor, and his spear bound to his soul, they were usually the first thing he felt when assimilating... It would take a minute or so to rip a time in space for them to travel to him but he wasn't sure he would need them.
His spear should be stuck in the chest of a god that he impaled to a side of the mountain in his last world, the other bodies should be around there too.
His armor was going to be in a dungeon that he built just for the sake of it. No one could wear the armor but he and no one could hold the spear so the dungeon was to "Prevent anyone unworthy of wearing his armor".
Honestly, people can be so gullible.
"-Are you even listening, Luke?"
No, no he wasn't.

49