Interesting details
1.6k 3 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hmm."
He flipped through some papers absently as he focused on the queen's peace inside him.
These devils were idiotic.
Turning humans into devils was one thing, but the least you can do is turn them fully.
He still had a human heart and every other organ not necessary for him to be a devil was still human. Basically, any reincarnated devil would never reach the same power level as purebloods unless they had these "Sacred gears".
Well, he would have to fix that later, wouldn't he?
Throughout his reincarnations, he had figured out a lot of things. Demons were strong, their equipment was strong and their magic was strong.
The only reason the demon kings lose is that the hero -him- uses the holy weapons, their only weakness.
...now what kind of reincarnation would he be if he didn't find a way around that?
The demons he met were definitely physically stronger than these devils. That was the reason his soul-bound equipment was demonic in nature... With a shit ton of enhancements, enhancements, and reinforcements.
And imagine the nightmares he would give every supernatural being if a supposed devil used holy magic. It would be hilarious.
Feeling a bit deeper, he raised an inquisitive eyebrow, was that a suggestion spell? He hadn't felt its effect take place whenever he was asked something, but his mind's defenses should have taken care of any mind control it would have performed, no matter how subtle.
Destroying the spell, he concentrated what amount of magical energy he gained back on his chest and concentrated ever so slightly.
A pale blue glow appeared on his chest due to what he was about to do and he put a palm on the circle of light.
A few seconds later, he held a queen's peace in hand. The connection between his body and soul suddenly felt stronger after he took out his queen's peace.
So, it was as he suspected, this thing was connecting him to Serafall and that's why it took longer than normal to assimilate. From what he read about it in a book that he had to actually dust off, these things connected the master and servant to the extent that sometimes the servant got the traits of their master, for example, if the master could regenerate then the servant would get a minor regeneration factor.
A small magic circle appeared in his hand and disappeared with the chess peace, right into his personal subspace.
A second magic circle appeared on top of his head and moved down, phasing through his body and when he stepped to the side, there were now two of him.
His clone looked down for a second before his magic signature shifted to what it was when he had the evil peace and sat down on the table, continuing the paperwork Serafall gave him.
A blue circle appeared around him and a pale blue sphere surrounded the small area the circle was in, it took a few more seconds for the outline to disappear, meaning, he was now invisible to anyone outside the magic circle and it would also block out what he was about to do.
He sat down and resumes his assimilation process, which may take a day or two but he would be done soon enough.
___
It took four days but now he could say that he had his massive reserves back, and his unique mana was also in place.
Unique because when mana is drained it is collected from the surroundings and being purified by the body, then it goes to refill the reserves. After some time, he rarely depleted his mana reserves, so the newly gathered mana would fuse with the already existing one and become something stronger. Then his body would adapt to the new substance and start "purifying" the surrounding mana to whatever the new substance was made previously.
Basically, his mana was a mix of every worlds mana he visited.
Yes, he was overpowered don't judge him.
Oh yeah... He was a demon now, too...
Don't look at him like that! If he doesn't have to be a human to save the world, he preferred demon bodies for their better endurance, strength, regeneration, and heightened senses.
Looking at his new body that he modeled just like he had in all of his previous lives, he was tall, but he couldn't add what wasn't there, he would need to build up muscle and actually make his body ready for combat.
However... First, he needed to eat, three days without food and a new body could make anybody hungry.
But his sudden change would be suspicious and he needed to blame something for his "Weird transformation", like convenient little devices called Sacred gears that could be armor...
He needed his demonic armor back...
At least he had some sweets and a few juice boxes in his personal dimension, sure, he could use any other armor that he had in there but they weren't sentient, and he needed a sentient armor for this whole facade to work.
Others are most likely to believe the words from the "Source" of the changes than the one "affected" by them.
He sighed, ripping a hole between dimensions was easy and fast, might only take a minute but doing it so that no one else would notice was a little more complicated... Mostly because he would have to do it slowly.
If traveling from the human world to the underworld was like heart surgery then was he was about to do was five times as hard.
Normally, what he would do was akin to ripping a heart out of one body and plunging it into another, but that would be too noticeable by other devils.
And that would be a problem.
"... This is so annoying."
And annoying it was.
___
The last three weeks were good to one Serafall Leviathan, she got a queen, he had magic talent and was soaking up the knowledge like a sponge.
Surprisingly, he was good with paperwork too, it was like a godsend for her.
She would make him an ultimate queen in no time!
Bursting through the door without knocking he went inside the room, placing hands on her hips.
"Luke! It's time to..."
She looked at the unfamiliar man in front of her, it looked like he was as surprised as she was since he was looking over his body and clenching his hands. His clothes seemed a little tight on his and... He was wearing Luke's clothes.
"Luke?"

40