Hmm
1.7k 2 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Things have been weird since the day he broke into Serafall's room. Suddenly, there was no more paperwork and the reason behind it was: "Focus on training, Luke-Chan! I will handle everything and then help you with your magic! We will make you the best Queen there ever was, is and ever will be!"... Her words, not his.
So he obliged, training was appreciated and looking at his developing muscles, it was working rather well.
In the magic training, however, he would send a clone while continuing his physical exercises.
Occasionally, he would flip through a book or two on sacred gears to find anything usable for his magic or maybe even his armor.
So far, there were only a few things he found out from Serafall. The red dragon emperor and the vanishing dragon, one could double its own power while the other could cut others' power in half, absorb the taken part, and store them within its host's body and if they couldn't handle it, then it would be stored in the wings.
Fascinating indeed.
Straightening out his white shirt, he looked in the mirror, right now, he was wearing formal gray pants and a button-up white shirt, his hair was no longer tied back to keep it out of his face when training but was split to either side to frame his face.
Summoning a gray waistcoat, he put it on and buttoned it up... Yeah, he looked awesome...
A second later, he summoned a pair of short leather gloves.
There, his outfit was complete.
Now to hope that the Leviathan would not rip it off of him just because she didn't like it.
___
"So... Explain to me again, why are we doing this?"
Luke asked as he created a magic circle to summon a box of cigarettes, these things paled in comparison to what he had in his past lives, but it would do, not like it would actually give him cancer, he was immune.
Oh, he understood but he just wanted to annoy someone right now.
"Aw come on Luke-Chan! It's the third time already! You need to be introduced to your queen duties and you are my escort, so you have to keep me company."
Meaning he had to keep her in check.
"So... Babysitting, and to show me off to other devil kings, huh?"
She huffed and crossed her arms under her chest, turning her head away from him.
"I don't need babysitting."
Thankfully, she wasn't wearing her magical girl outfit but a green, long-sleeved top and a black dress.
Her hair was still in pigtails, though.
"You know... You have been acting weird ever since you locked yourself in your room... What's up?"
She didn't respond and walked a little faster than she did before he asked the question.
"...Hmm."
That was weird, she was usually talkative but now, she was not letting anything slip.
The news must concern him, then.
For all of his experience, women were still a mystery but he liked to tell himself that he understood them better than most.
"Are you mad that I didn't tell you how to do paperwork faster?"
The silent treatment.
How intriguing.
If anything, he would have fun figuring it out and then laugh his ass off if it was something funny enough.
Lighting the cigar in his mouth, he inhaled the smoke, letting it out a second later.
"Don't smoke that! It's not healthy! And not family friendly! The kids watching my show would frown at you right now!"
Luke ignored her in return, not paying attention to her frown or the pout she sent his way. Spreading his senses forward, he felt around the building they were in, he could sense some maids, but mostly other Devils walking around the giant building, he could feel magic reserves bigger than Serafalls on the top floor and he guessed that that was their destination.
There were three and only one was weaker than the leviathan. Still average though.
Seriously, if these were the best this world could offer then he would be very disappointed.
Entering an elevator, he pressed the button for the top floor getting a curious look from the only other person in there.
"How did you know?"
He didn't answer, two could play that game.
Feeling pressure on his cheek, he looked down at the slim finger poking his cheek and blinked.
She poked him again... Again and again and again.
Grabbing her hand he raised an eyebrow at her innocent face, it was very convincing but he wasn't fooled.
The elevator opened up and he looked at the hall, double doors everywhere, did devils have some kind of obsession with double doors or was it just him?
Walking down the hallway a little behind and to the right of the leviathan, he raised an eyebrow when Serafall started straightening out her dress.
Taking a deep breath, she burst through the door.
"Miracle Levo-tan is here!"
... Where did that sparkle come from?
Could it be? Was this woman not a pretender but a real magical girl? Oh lord.
Shaking off the flashbacks of brutal death from his second reincarnation, he looked at the occupants of the room.
Two men, one with slicked back green hair, wearing a brown formal suit, and the other with red hair... Looking like a square.
Blinking at the oddness of it he looked at the woman in a maid outfit with silver hair, standing right behind the square-looking man.
... Now, the real question was: Which one of them had a maid fetish?
Judging from the familiar signatures the woman was the man's servant so it was most likely the redhead... But judging from Serafall, he couldn't be sure.
Well, it was time to get this over with.

47