Serafalls discoveries
1.8k 5 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So this is why you have been so pushy about me practicing."
Serafall didn't look at him.
Luke sighed, this was getting ridiculous, it wasn't like he was mad, he wasn't, more like amused.
"Come on..."
She still had her head down, fidgeting with her feet.
Sighing, he bent down and picked her up, eliciting a small "Eep" from her. Throwing her over his shoulder, he started walking down the hall, they were back in their mansion thanks to a teleportation circle and it looked like he had to tuck the baby in.
"Lemme go."
Shaking his head, Luke ignored the small fists hitting his back as he neared her room.
Waving absently at the maids to leave, he walked inside and closed the door, just to mess with her, he locked it.
"Eh?"
The beating stopped and he threw her on the bed.
Her eyes grew wide when she saw him taking off a waistcoat.
"Eh~? Should I be worried about my chastity, luke?"
She covered herself with her hands, hugging her shoulders while sending a smirk his way.
Was she trying to deflect his attention from what he was about to do?
Yeah. No.
Throwing the piece of clothing to the chair, he took off his shoes.
"Y-your kidding..."
He lay on the bed and took out his phone, starting the episode again.
"..."
"..."
[Wryyyyyyyy!]
"Seriously?"
___
Luke was reading a book that was not the bible.
He was looking at the Longinus tier sacred gears, there had to be something useful in this world but so far he has found the records of two dragon souls strapped in gauntlets, one white and another red.
The red one doubled the user's power every ten seconds and the other split the opponents in half while taking one for its host.
... Well there was one that could stop time but he could do that too so ultimately, it was useless.
Hmm... Maybe there are some gods he could kill.
Sighing, he closed the book and stood up.
He had a year to "Prepare" for the fight against the redhead, apparently, he was going to fight the maid, who was his wife, in six months but since the asshole decided to switch his opponent last second, he had a year to get stronger.
He would get stronger physically but that was about it until-
"Hey, Luke! You get to go on your first diplomatic meeting with Odin, aren't you glad?"
... Yeah, that.
Looking over at the overly cheery serafall, he raised a skeptical eyebrow.
"Are you sure about this?"
She nodded enthusiastically, handing him a few papers.
"It's nothing big, in and out, should take two days only because Odin is not going to let you go without a feast."
Smiling innocently, he took the papers and looked them over. Seemed simple enough.
"Just go to the destination written there and a valkyrie will pick you up."
Humming, he nodded and waved goodbye, using a teleportation circle to head to the human world.
Serafall stayed, watching the place Luke stood in a second ago, and sighed.
He didn't even ask her to come along to show him the ropes.
Kicking the imaginary dust on the floor, she turned around and walked away from the library, pouting slightly...
Her pawn was too forgiving like he didn't care that he was going to face the strongest devil just because she reincarnated him.
And he could be a real prankster sometimes.
Her cheeks reddened as she thought of what he did a week ago when they returned from the meeting.
"Wonder if he's the dominant type..."
The image that sentence set in her mind sent a shiver down her spine.
Look at her, a five-hundred-year-old devil king, and she's acting like a schoolgirl that meets a hot guy in school.
And what a hot guy he was.
Huffing one final time, she walked back to her office, there was still work to be done.
___
It's been a day and Luke wasn't back.
Not even a message.
Serafall wasn't worried, he must have been working over a killer headache right now...
-Meanwhile with Luke.-
"To diplomacy!"
Dozens of cups were thrust upward at the exclamation and Luke started drinking whatever good shit was in his cup.
Oh yeah, diplomacy was good, very good.
He beat the crap out of people a while ago and no one got mad. Hell, people were happy afterward, then they ate then they drank and now they were still drinking.
Oh yeah, this was the life. Why couldn't his past lives be like this?
___
Three days... It has been three days.
Where the hell was he?!
Standing up from the dinner table, Serafall started walking toward his room. Maybe he was learning their magic circles.
Opening the door silently, she walked inside the room. Practically nothing was changed, only books were added to the shelves and that was it.
Walking towards the table and grabbing what she thought was a notebook, she flipped it open.
Eyebrows shooting up to her hairline, she flipped through a few pages.
These sceneries might have taken several months to draw, where did he find the time between training and paperwork?
She flipped through more, some were of beautiful sceneries, some were of monsters she has never seen, and some were just a typical group of adventurers resting at a fireplace.
There should be more than sixty of those there and there was one still not done.
Flipping back to the front, she stopped on the very first page.
A man, looking like in his late thirties or early forties, kneeling down next to the twelve-year-old child, resembling him greatly. Next to the child, was a black-haired woman with brown eyes, sitting on the grass with her legs tucked to the side, holding an infant that could only be a few months old.
The green-eyed man had a sincere smile on his face as he had a muscular arm circling the child's neck, who was laughing in joy.
The woman was smiling at the two as she held the infant to her chest, seemingly cradling it.
The sun was descending, shining golden light on the happy family.
It felt like the picture was alive. If she focused enough, she thought that she could hear a laugh of a child and a gentle rustling of leaves.
It was beautiful.
"What are you doing?"
"Eeeep!"

40