Hmm?
1.4k 8 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, did you learn something while there?"
Luke just sighed at the woman that had been annoying him ever since he came back from his task.
Honestly, he already told her that everything was fine and that it went as planned.
"...Odin's wife is a hoe, but there was this liver-haired valkyrie that knew a lot about magic circles, she had some interesting theories too. Give her a few years, training, and resources, she should be able to destroy that redhead we met a while ago."
Serafall tilted her head slightly but ignored the fact that a Valkyrie had the potential to defeat their strongest and focused on the important part.
"What did she do to you?"
The tone was so icy that Luke suspected that she was not going to shy away from war if something did happen.
In response to that, Luke just shrugged.
"She tried to seduce me, when that didn't work, she tried to charm me, she didn't seem too pleased that it didn't work, either."
The leviathan just stared at him and he waved a hand in front of her eyes.
No response.
"She did what?! And you did what?!"
Yup, there it was.
To her outrage, he just turned around and started walking away. His hand slightly tightened on the workbook in his hand.
He didn't visit the first page often and seeing it again brought back pleasant memories... And the overwhelming feeling of nostalgia and loss.
It numbed over the years but it was like cutting into an old wound.
As soon as he got his hands on dimensional travel, he tried to go back to his first world, maybe his children were still alive, maybe his grandchildren, and then his hopes were brutally murdered when it didn't work.
He could go to others though, it was still depressing.
"Wait! You don't get to walk away from this! How did you manage to make a god's charm ineffective?"
That was not possible, she hadn't taught him how to put up defenses against mental attacks yet.
"Yeah, it was pretty easy, by the way, I managed to... Permanently borrow this seemingly great drink, want some?"
A magic circle appeared above his hand and dropped a bottle full of liquid. Her instincts screamed out to be weary.
"What's that?"
"Holy water, it tastes kinda oily."
____
Luke walked down the hall to the kitchen.
With the distraction working like a charm, he left Serafall in his room, trying to process what he had just told her.
It wasn't even a lie, the Holy water tasted a little oily.
Raising his hand, another book appeared in his hand, not the same one he took back from the Leviathan but it was a different color.
He hesitated for a second, but eventually, he sent it back inside his hammerspace.
Now was not the time to reminisce, now was the time to get drunk... He might need to take out some special occasion alcohol he had collected.
And that special occasion was now.
Opening the doors to the kitchen, he rose an eyebrow, it seemed modern, and silently, he questioned why he hadn't come here before, he could make things better than anyone with all that practice he had.
Finishing inflating his own ego, he sat down at the counter and just sighed. A magic circle later, there was a glass bottle and a shot glass in front of him.
Taking off the top of the bottle, he poured himself some of the clear liquid inside the glass and closed the bottle again. As soon as he did, the alight mana that was radiating out of the bottle disappeared.
With a tilt of his head, the liquid in his cup disappeared, leaving a burning sensation in his throat.
The buzz was already there, great.
It was best to drink these kinds of things early in his reincarnations before his body got used to them.
This specific bottle was inside a separate space from his normal one, the one where time continued its course.
There were others inside but this one seemed to be most suited.
He didn't remember the name but this might be... A few millennia old.
And... There, he was now halfway to being drunk.
"Hey! Don't just leave me there with that information! How can you drink holy water?!"
Looking over at the slightly blurry figure of Serafall, he waved her over. Though frowning, she still walked over and sat down in front of him.
"...?"
She crossed her arms and waited.
Instead of answering the question, he just summoned another cup and placed it in front of her.
"You want to get me drunk so you won't have to answer the question?"
He opened the bottle again and she rose an eyebrow at the trace of mana similar yet somehow different from Luke's own.
"Is it working?"
She looked at him for a second before sighing.
"Maybe."
She didn't want to force him, when he opened up, she would know, but she didn't want him resenting her.
Taking the glass, she sipped it and immediately recoiled at the sensation.
Giving Luke a dirty look, he just smirked and downed his own cup in one go, simultaneously showing her how to properly drink it.
Serafall looked at the remaining liquid and shrugged, downing it in one go as well.
"Woah."
Luke nodded, that was the normal reaction, knowing how it was made and making it himself made him slightly more resistant to it.
Since the bottle gave off his mana signature, it meant that there was, indeed, his mana inside the liquid, that meant that whatever mana was there would just fuse back into his reserves while if he let anyone else drink it... Well, they would be in the state Serafall was in right now.
"Hehehe~"
Yeah... That.
"Hey~, Luke... Are you gay!"
Yeah... He never said that it was a pleasant state for others.

38