3: Yoo Family
79 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

•~•~•~•~•~•

[A Few Years Later...]

{Shinji POV}

Phew...

The past few years have been stressful...

Especially this month!

First, I developed my ability to the point where I can summon water. Thank God!

Second, Subin awakened her Ability... She was drinking water when it suddenly froze...

Then two weeks later, my grandfather arranged a meeting between the Awakened Union and the Shinhwa Association.

Here's how it went...

•~•~•~•~•~•

[Flashback]

While an old man and a man in all-black attire were talking to a family outside the mansion...

We see a boy and his father bickering.

"Come on Shinji... You need to look more presentable..." said a slightly pale man.

"Why? I already look quite presentable!" replied the boy.

"All you did was slick back your hair. You're still in your pajamas!! *Sigh* Where is Subin anyway?" reprimanded the father.

"Good morning, papa. Oh? Are you going training again, Oppa?" asked the mentioned girl with a yawn, rubbing her eyes, as she walked down the stairs.

"Subin?! Why are you not dressed???" asked their father, almost passing out from shock.

"Hm? What's going on?" Subin questioned.

"Ugh... Grandpa invited some family and now we have to dress properly..." replied the boy, walking up the stairs, dragging his sister along with him.

...

After a few minutes of dressing up...

We can see a boy walking up to the door, wearing small black jeans and a white polo shirt.

Beside him is a girl wearing a pretty blue dress, with snowflakes scattered at the bottom.

"Why did papa make me wear this dress?... It looks so girly..." Subin said in an embarrassed tone.

"Eh, it'll be all over soon... I hope so..." replied Shinji.

...

"Everyone, meet the Yoo Family." said an old voice.

The old man motioned his hands toward the family and the Lee Family could see a friendly-looking man and a beautiful expressionless woman. There was also a pretty poker-faced girl and according to Subin, an annoying-looking kid.

"Hi." greeted Subin in a disinterested tone.

"Huh... Are they awakened? And are they strong?" Shinji asked everyone.

"Shinji!" reprimanded his father in a hushed tone.

"Haha, no no, it's all right, Sir Lee. Yes, we are all Awakeners, well except my wife." replied the other adult man in a happy tone.

'Hmm... I didn't expect this from the Yoo Family... But well, they haven't made an appearance in the story so I don't really know what to expect.' thought Shinji.

"Hm... Okay. Well, hi my name's Shinji and she's Subin." stated Shinji and their grandfather looked with a smile.

"Well then, please, let's eat!" exclaimed the Head of the Union.

...

After a pleasant dinner, the adults talked about something and the children got acquainted.

"So, is your father strong?" asked the boy.

"Hey! My dad's strong! He's stronger than all of you! He can take all of you at once!" shouted a white-haired boy.

"Really?..." replied Shinji with a sarcastic tone.

Shinji then turns to face the pretty girl and asks,

"What's your name?"

"I'm Jiyoung." responded the pretty girl.

"Nice to meet you, Jiyoung."

'Even with an emotionless face, she's still very pretty...' thought Shinji.

"Hey! Stop ignoring me!" shouted the annoying kid.

"Fine, fine. What is your name?" said Shinji reluctantly.

"I'm Jisuk!" he exclaimed while pointing at himself.

"Okay..."

"Hah! You look stupid!..." shouted Subin while getting close to the boy.

"Huh??? What did you say!?" retorted Jisuk.

"Subin said you look stupid... And I mean she's not wrong..." Shinji added not noticing visible air rising from behind him.

"Eh?" he said with a plain face as he rose in the air, his body flipping a few times.

"Stop bullying my brother." said an emotionless girl, with a raised hand.

"Okay, okay! Just put me down!"

"Hahaha! Now you look stupid, Oppa!" Subin laughed, holding her stomach. Jisuk also laughed while pointing at the floating boy.

"Oi! I said put me down!" shouted Shinji as he raised his hands.

He manifested water and manipulated some into his twin and the boy's open mouths. He then shot the rest towards Jiyoung's direction.

But the girl just sent out a gust of wind, redirecting the water to someplace else.

*Cough* *Cough* *Cough*

"You bastard! You almost made me choke to death!" shouted Jisuk.

"Why'd you do that to me too!?" questioned Subin.

"Both of you deserved it," he stated with a teasing smile.

•~•~•~•~•~•

The poor boy was finally released. Falling on the floor, he stood up and dusted himself. The teasing smile that he donned was replaced with a small frown.

{Shinji POV}

Tch. I need to learn Cryokinesis Force Control...

I won't get far with just this weak-ass ability. I mean Jiyoung just effortlessly redirected it!

Sigh.

When is the old man going to teach it to us?...

...

A few days later, we were awakened by a maid.

"Young Sir and Young Miss, the Chairman is looking for you..." said a female voice.

"This early?" said Subin with a yawn.

"Oi, idiot, it's 8:00 am, get up already," informed Shinji while rubbing his eyes.

"Shut up! You also just woke up!" the girl retorted.

...

After taking a shower, we go to the living room as that is where our grandfather is, according to the maid.

"Good morning!" we greeted.

"Good morning, Shinji, Subin," he replied with a warm smile.

"So, why did you call us, grandpa?" questioned Shinji.

"Yeah what is it, Granpa?" asked Subin.

He sighs, leans on the couch, and says,

"It's time that I teach you my force control."

...

Finally! He's going to teach it to us!

"What's that?" my twin asks excitedly.

"Well..."

***

What did you think of the chapter?

2