12: WAA (II)
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

•~•~•~•~•~•

After Shinji took his belongings, he got off the boat alongside Caspian and Thorne.

...

"Wait, Caspian, what is your Ability?" asked Shinji.

"It's Be-" Caspian answered but was cut off by a loud woman.

"Come on maggots! Move faster! We ain't got all day!"

"Alright! Now that I have your attention, my name is Rumi Usako! Follow these men to the stage! We'll sort the weaklings from the capable." the woman exclaimed with a wide grin.

'So there's still a division?...' thought Shinji with a sigh.

"Well? Go! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!???"

...

As the students walked toward the stage, they saw an enormous machine.

"That's what we're going to use to test your strength on. The force of your attack must reach, at least, 25/50 on the scale to be sorted into the 'Fortis'. If it's below that, you're going to be sorted into 'Infirmus'. "

"Of course, there are also some sections specifically for those who have abilities unrelated to your physical capabilities." told one of the men leading them.

'They are really prepared, huh.' thought Shinji, looking around.

And as he was looking around, there he spotted some of the introduced students from the series, already wearing uniforms.

'He looks like Duke and Asher... Dang, Duke has such a baby face...'

...

"Alright. Let's start this. We have 200 of you maggots to sort..."

"First, Fried Aret. Come on! You're first! Oh, your ability is Telekinesis... Well, you're going over there to test the weight you can carry!" Rumi shouted, pointing at a section of the stage.

...

More students were also called and they demonstrated various abilities.

...

After some time...

"Thorne Grimland! Come up! You can test the force of your ability on the machine, or you can go over that section to test the extent of how much you can use your ability." informed Rumi.

"Uh, I want to use the machine..." replied Thorne.

"Well, go on then."

...

Thorne points his palm to the sky and roots rise.

When he twists his hand, it bonds and forms into a root pillar.

As he punches toward the machine, the pillar extends and connects with it.

After it made contact with the machine, the scale showed 29.8/50.

"Alright. Sit over there and your uniform will be sent to your room."

...

As time passes...

"Shinji Lee! Come up!"

"Ah, I want to use the machine, miss," he informs the woman with a raised hand, and she nods.

...

Shinji raises both of his hands and summons an enormous chunk of ice. It's the size of one single bed.

...

"*Whistle* That's pretty huge, isn't it, Caspian?" said a brown-haired student to a silver-haired boy.

...

'It's time to know my power level! Too bad, the maximum's only up to 50... I wouldn't get the "It's over 9000!" meme...'

Shinji then points the ice towards the machine.

He launches it with added force from the Gyrokinesis.

As it made contact with the machine, the ice broke in half.

'My ice has become sturdier these past few years and my Gyrokinesis' power has increased! Well, it's to be expected from a genius like me!' the boy thought.

...

The scale showed 34.6.

'Not bad... Considering the highest point I saw was 40.2, from a kid who can bulk himself up...' thought Shinji, satisfied with his power.

...

After a few minutes...

"Caspian Loden! It's your turn!"

...

"So, what do you think he'll get?" asked Harold.

"I dunno. But, I hope it's enough to get in the same group as us..."

...

"Sigh... So 'he' is going to come out, huh..." muttered Caspian.

As he pulled both his arms back, his depressed face suddenly gained more energy.

From a depressed face, it turned into a battle-crazed look.

"Alright! You sure this won't break, woman?" asked Caspian in an energetic voice.

...

"Holy...!"

"Does he have multiple personalities or something!?" exclaimed Harold.

...

"Fix your tone when you speak to me, zygote. And yes, that won't break. It has withstood all kinds of attacks from even before you children." said Rumi in a confident tone.

"All right! I kinda wanted to fight someone but this will do, I guess..."

And so, Caspian raised his arm and punched the machine, coordinating with his hips to add more power.

...

The scale showed 36.7.

...

{Shinji POV}

A bunch more children were sorted, one was the b*tchy girl.

She screamed at the machine and do you know what she got?

A measly 26.8. See!? She thinks she's all that, and all she got was 26???

Sigh...

After an hour, the sorting finally concluded.

...

In one of the seats...

"*Whistle*. Some of them aren't bad..." told a dark-haired boy with purple and teal strands.

...

"Alright! Fortis, follow this man to your rooms!" Rumi said, pointing at a man in a black suit with a blue fabric hanging on his neck.

"Infirmus, follow him." she pointed at a man in a similar suit but instead of blue fabric on his neck, he was wearing a yellow one.

...

We followed the man and he lead us to a building. He handed us our Room Key Card and directed us to our rooms.

The reason we knew it was our rooms, was because our names were plastered on a computerized "nametag".

Every one of us got a room, and I was very thankful because that meant privacy!

Moving on, Thorne's room was on the second floor, while mine and Caspian's were on the third floor.

...

After saying goodbye to Thorne and Caspian, I scanned my Key Card and went into my room.

...

I want to f*cking sleep right away, but I still have to maintain my routine of developing my Force Controls before I go to sleep...

****

What did you think of the chapter?

1