23-Hostess and Changing names
416 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘I should probably get accepted, me not liking my name, Moby Tick. Good thing I’m heading to the hostess. I can see if it’s possible to change that,’ he muttered, making his way to the hostess.

Not that he didn’t like his name, but it bothered him considering Moby Dick will always pop up if someone fully called him that.

He put that thought to rest and walked through the doors. The hostess had little traffic today, so walking in, he met eyes with Ryuu instantly.

“What’s up?” He smiled sitting on the stool.

“Nothing besides the usual. How’s your recovery?” She asked, returning his smile.

“Alright though, I think I added more time when I punched Bell in the face.”

“You punched Bell? What for?”

“I’ll explain,” he retold the events of the morning. His response and how he reacted to it he didn’t make himself in a good light, only telling what transpired.

“I see well then. First, I can understand your reason to punch him, although you came out of it alive. He was extremely reckless and put you and Lilly’s life in danger.”

“Exactly, so after that I went to the guild some quick drama there but otherwise fine, then I came here to see you.”

Hearing those words made her cheeks redden. “What for?”

“Well, I said I’d pay you back after I recovered, so I was thinking of a date sometime later?” He said.

Not a second later, both blushed slightly.

“I’d like that. Do you have a date set?”

“I was thinking four days from now I’d come and pick you up late in the afternoon and take you on a wonderful night out,” he said with excitement bubbling inside him

Ryuu smiled, “Then it’s set.”

“Perfect, I have some extra news as well,” he smiled, reaching into his coat.

“More exciting than our date?” She mused, still getting used to the word date, ‘I’ve never been on one… I’ll need to talk to Syr or Mama Mia.’

“No, but it’s a close second.” He pulled out both sheets and handed them to her.

She grabbed it and looked at the sheet. It showed his status, only the numbers for his physical stats, and everything else he marked out.

“You levelled up in one month,” she looked at the sheet, then back up at his grinning self.

“It hurt like hell going through that, but this was a good enough reward, well, not really. I want revenge, which I will get, but this is enough for now. And there is still one thing I have to ask you.”

“I can’t believe this growth is possible,” she looked at him for a moment before deciding and moving out of the bar, “come with me.”

She pulled him into the back, Moby confused, just followed behind.

“Woah, we haven’t even gone on the date yet isn’t this rushing it?”

She stopped at a door before looking back at him with a pout but her blushing negated that, “-shut up and get in.”

“Yes mam,” he cooed walking in. It was a room filled with plants like a mini forest, and in the centre was a table.

“Sit.”

He did as she said and followed as she took off his coat and shirt, leaving him topless beside the bandages wrapped around him.

“I-I was joking about that earlier, you know that, right?”

She said nothing but touched him. He tensed up as she moved around, examining him, and soon she stopped and closed her eyes.

-Shua!

Green light enveloped him, the trees rustled like a gentle wind washing over him. He felt his stab wounds burn slightly.

“It works better in forest areas. In just a few minutes, you’ll be fully healed. Be glad I like you or I would’ve struck you after that comment,” she chuckled at his dumbfounded face.

‘So, this is her healing magic,’ he marvelled as small green lights floated around them.

“Torrent,” he muttered, grabbing her hands. Unlike before, the water didn’t explode from anywhere, it just surged from his legs up to his chest. He stepped off the table, concentrating his magic on his chest.

“I can also heal, although it’s slow. Combining both will make this faster,” he smiled.

“I can tell you’re using this as an excuse to hold my hands, but that’s fine if it helps you, of course.”

“Of course.”

“Only because it’s best to recover as soon as possible.” She muttered.

A few minutes went by and with the combination of the magics, Moby was fully healed. Slowly he removed the bandages with her help and sighed. There were two obvious scars from where he was skewered alive.

“I’m sorry,” she said, rubbing the scars.

“It’s not your fault,” he said and put on his shirt and coat, “besides, we can move the date nothing is set so how is two days from now fine with you?”

“It is.” She smiled and left the room, heading back to the dining area. “You said you had one more thing to ask?”

“Ah, right, I was hoping you know how I can change my name?”

[Denatus]

In the gathering of the gods at the Denatus, an event held every three months, Hestia promptly walked up to the table seating herself next to Hephaestus.

“I have heard little from Hestia. How are you?”

The goddess herself smiled. “Oh, you know this and that I’ve got the best children I could ask for. They don’t fight or argue and work together well.”

“And the alchemist,” the goddess of the forge pushed on.

“H-he’s good too, actually I was thinking if I don’t know.”

“If this is a favour, I’ll have to refuse. Besides, this isn’t the place,” she said, looking ahead as the seats were all taken.

“I know,” she said, gazing at everyone.

“Ahem! I’m glad you all could come here,” Loki took charge pulling out sheets of paper, “there is a lot that is to be said events that have transpired questions and people that need to be observed but remember we came here for the adventurers who’ve levelled up and you know the gist we pick their names and as agreed, no mercy.”

Loki chuckled as they went through the list of people, some getting trash names, and other embarrassing names altogether.

“Ais has just recently become level 6 and her name is already good enough, right?” She didn’t ask, instead glaring at the other gods. Many nodded and gulped.

“Good. Now that leaves us to the last two adventurers.”

‘It’s about time,’ Freya, who had been quiet and observing out of boredom, finally found some interest.

‘Moby and Bell,’ Hestia gulped, seeing the two sheets Loki threw in the centre of the table for all to see.

“Bell Cranel and heh Moby Tick,” many eyes glued to the sheet, showing signs of greed, envy, and lust.

“Hestia, your children have done something amazing, but the fact it took a month and a half for one and one month for the other to reach level 2 has to be viewed with suspicion, and over one of them is an alchemist.”

The people around murmured Hephaestus shifted slightly in her seat. Hestia frowned, thinking because of the partnership she’d be kind but no, and Freya, well, she was loving this entire debacle.

“I think I’ll start with the first question. Did you use your divine powers to level them up?” She asked.

“I’d never do that. They fought hard and suffered to reach that level. If the world saw it fit for them to level up, then I can’t change that.” She answered her resolution firm.

Even though she hated to admit it, Loki nodded in the back of her head, “And what about the rumours circulating? I’m sure they’ve gone down by now about Moby and Ottar.”

Eyes moved to Freya and Hestia, ‘I need to know how bad the damage is,’ “well Freya, anything to say?”

“Fufufu why lie when I’m compelled to tell the truth? Yes, our champions fought and Ottar came out of it scarred.”

His confirmation of the rumours caused a large buzz around them. She raised her hand to draw attention and silence them.

“While it is true, he had lost his arm, now he is far better than before, I must thank Hestia for raising such a resilient child, other than his new arm he now has a stronger drive Ottar is now striving to reach level 8 as we speak, and I couldn’t be prouder.”

Freya had just dropped a bombshell: the hidden thoughts of the other gods smashed to bits.

“That’s real big talk, you know, reaching level 8.”

“Why do I have to lie?” she smiled and threw a sheet of paper on the table. “I’m sure you all remember his most recent status update.” She chuckled, glancing at the smitten faces of the gods.

It was a power play for her to reveal the growing status of the strongest man in Orario to keep other families from trying to attempt anything rash. And because of the recent development, she could still keep her hold. ‘thank you Moby.’

Level 7

Strength: SS-1000

Endurance: SS-1001

Dexterity: SS-1008

Agility: S-992

Magic: B-712

“His fight with Moby has kindled something within him, so I hope those who want to visit my palace can come with gifts, anyway I hope you give both of them a fitting name.”

Freya smiled and turned to leave but not before turning to Hestia, “please give Moby my regards and I hope nothing bad comes of you. I’d hate to see him so upset.”

‘They know each other?’ Loki hummed in thought before looking to the sheets, ‘I need to have a chat with that kid and also that warning to the others to stay away from Hestia’s Familia.’

“Fucking hell, I need a drink,” Loki muttered, leaning back.

Similar thoughts ran through Hestia’s mind. With Freya’s departure, the meeting resumed and names were being discussed.

[Hostess of Fertility]

“So I can change my name,” Moby nodded.

“Since you have no family or kin, it’s something you can have sorted with the guild there is a price attached, but you can pay for it. My only question name would you go by and why?”

“The part I’m undecided but why is because I’m no longer the same person I was before all this and I’m not the same Moby who lived on the streets the same one who needed to steal food to survive and still wind up starving. I’m no longer that person.”

Ryuu looked at his resolute eyes for a moment before smiling, “then I look forward to our date.”

“Me too. I don’t want to leave but I should change my name before the Denatus is set. Thanks for helping me again.” He smiled and left the hostess.

15