26-Back to the dungeon & fighting
388 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What the actual fuck!?”

“How!? W-when did you even!? Argh, I hate this mother fucking cuck of a world!” Loki smashed her wine bottle into the ground.

“Of all the stupid! Asinine! Shark-jumping bull shit!”

“Sharks can jump?” Enki asked.

“We didn’t give them the ability to jump, but they fucking did it anyway!” Loki cried in his face.

“Yeah, that came as a surprise to us,” Hestia chuckled.

“I should’ve known my gold egg-laying baby,” she cooed, trying to hug Verde, but the bird ran behind Enki.

“Waaaah, this ain’t fair. I want eggs too! please Enki! Just one egg a week please, Hestiaaaa!” She said, turning to the goddess with the fakest smile possible.

Hestia’s good heart made her glance to Enki, who shook his head no. Loki, who caught it, burst into comical tears.

‘I mean I could give her one a week since Verde lays four two of which we give to the guild and the one to the Hostess the other I just used to make Pizza dough which makes it better, I’m not giving up pizza.’

The number of total funds the Hestia family has is above 4 million Valis, so money isn’t a pressing issue.

The rest of the morning went on with Loki begging and promising anything in return for the egg she tried offering metals and materials, including a small amount of orichalcum and adamantine, which are very high-class metals. He almost considered the bribe, but ultimately refused.

‘My glaive is mostly highly dense, reinforced Black steel and obsidian alloy. If I could get my hands on some Orrichalcum or adamantine, then maybe.’

He put that thought behind him.

...

[Dungeon of Babel]

-Kruu~ -Kruu!

It wasn’t long or difficult getting the Jack bird registered. It caused a commotion, but with Loki’s protection; the process was simple.

Right now the four Bell, Enki, Lilly and Verde, with a saddle with two small bags on the side, both of which held some of Lilly’s gear making her load easier, were walking down the dungeon.

“Hey is it weird we’re coming across small groups of monsters right now?” Bell asked.

They were currently walking through the 7th floor and every time they came across a group of monsters about half would flee from them. Afraid.

“Does it matter we’ll be reaching the middle floors soon and I doubt the monsters there will run,” Enki said, ‘I wonder If I can make monsters faint with killing intent?’

A group of 7 war shadows appeared in front of them. Lilly brought out her crossbow, Bell, his obsidian dagger, but before anything could happen, half the war shadows screeched and fled from sight. They fled, having felt the pressure of a predator.

“See, it happened again,” Bell pointed to them.

“Whatever, we still have four to deal with. That’s one for each of us,” Enki Grinned and brandished his Black. glaive and charged with a swift motion clashed the monster in half Bell doing the same and Lilly shooting where its core would be.

Verde also made quirk work, blitzing the war shadow and slashing it from behind with his sharp talons.

Going further down was simple. Lilly also noted small groups of monsters they encountered ran from them.

Enki said nothing and kept ongoing.

“Roar!” A thundering roar echoed on the 12th floor, the roar belonging to an infant dragon. It sucked in the mist, its mouth burning with flames.

“Dodge,” Enki ordered and everyone rolled over to the sides a massive flame shot where they stood.

Bell dashed to the beast’s legs, slashing them. Enki activated “Torrent” and charged, kicking off the ground. He met the face of the dragon as it charged another breath attack.

He reeled back and swung as it fired, its flames consuming him, ‘It’s not that hot,’ he thought as his water protected him and cut through the flames, slicing its head down the base of its neck.

Enki landed with a thud as the infant dragon poofed.

“That was an infant dragon’s breath attack. Are you okay?” Lilly said, picking up its stone.

“Yeah, my water protected me from the heat, and besides, we’re here.”

“Kruu.” Verde cooed as they arrived at the entrance of the entrance to the 13th floor called the First Line.

“Let’s do this,” Bell pumped his fists, looking to the others who shared his enthusiasm.

...

[Floor 13]

The walls, ground, and ceiling were different and made of bedrock; the environment was moist but less so than on the previous floors.

-Snap -Snap

Enki snapped his gloves. ‘I can make flames and Ice alchemy now.’

“Enki, something coming.” Lilly stopped the group, her ears twitching they braced themselves as from the corner a hound showed itself then nine more.

“Hellhounds be careful. They shoot power full flames, Lilly,” Enki looked down at her without extra. Words moved back. Climbing on Verde, she straddled herself, ready to shoot.

The Hellhounds gnarled and charged at them. ‘Torrent’ he activated his magic and charged.

The first two bit him, but Enki faster could dodge and kick one in the face while slashing at the other.

Two more from behind spewed flames toward him, but the flames evaporated thanks to his bubble of water.

-Slash! -Thunk!

He reeled back and threw his glaive, piercing the left hellhound as he charged the right with a leg sweep, but the monster dodged, jumping in the air, “Gotcha!”

Enki grinned, his water bubble leaving his gloved hand free.

-Snap! -Fwoosh!

It yelped, being burnt to a crisp. All that was remaining was the magic stone. He got up, grabbing his glaive as an arrow flew past; him stabbing another hellhound in the head.

“Thanks, Lilly,” he smiled, but it was cut short.

“Guys more incoming,” Bell said, getting to a stance.

-Clap!

‘Bedrock,’ Enki grinned as he slammed his hands to the ground. Lightning surged as iron spears erupted beneath the incoming hellhounds.

-Shunk! -Shunk! -Shunk!

“Firebolt!” Bell launched his flames as they got skewered alive.

With time to breathe, they recollected themselves and went further in.

“Hard Armored, Lilly, get on Verde and let him fight them.”

Lilly nodded and held onto Verde’s leach. The bird was ready and closed the gap with its talon raised high it, slashed down, killing the monster armadillo.

Bell hacked at one only to bounce back against its shell, one the second try he dodged the charged and sabbed the centre of the circle killing it.

Enki activated his magic, the water covered his blade, and with alchemy froze it into a larger Ice blade.

-Shunk!

The first Hard Armored rolled towards him. He leapt and swung down, killing another three more charged towards him at once; he grunted, and swung horizontally, smashing their shells and killing them.

Not long after that, more Hellhounds crossed their paths.

‘I wonder, when summoned, you are imbued with the power of water, enhancing your abilities and allowing the healing of minor wounds.’

Enki popped his shoulders and focused, “guys stay back for a moment,” he asked Lilly and Bell shared a look before nodding. Verde tilted its head as if asking, “what are you doing?”

He stabbed his glaive into the ground next to him and focused. The Hellhounds snarled before going for the offence.

“Torrent,” he muttered. The ground beneath him shook, cracks appearing, spreading to the hellhounds. They froze, looking done, but it was too late.

-Crack! -Boom!

A geyser exploded beneath them! The current was strong enough to cut through their bodies, turning them into a geyser of blood.

‘Phew, I felt the drain from that. Maybe I can use this ten times?’ he breathed in and grinned at the others.

“So I can do that. I think I won’t be using my glaive for now,” he said, walking up to Verde and placing his glaive in a side bag.

“Are you gonna fight with your alchemy?” Bell asked.

“No, not entirely,” Moby clapped his hands, touching his metal coat and transforming the ends into wolverine claws, “this is how I’ll fight.”

He brandished the black claws with a smirk and good timing as five Hard Armoured crossed their paths.

“Torrent,” he muttered, the bubble of water coating him, his strength boosted.

The four charged the Hard armoured dodging and exchanging blows, being pushed back by their tough shell. Verde played a strong part, kicking the monsters as they rolled into the air, exposing their soft underbelly and allowing for Enki and Bell to finish them.

The 13th floor was no real challenge of course it didn’t mean it was a breeze, either as they repeatedly thought against mobs of monsters taking as few breaks as they could.

And so after a longer resting period, they agreed to dive deeper, entering the 14th floor. Against a difficulty was not, but it required more effort as the monsters respawned faster.

They went around the maze-like environment, stopping when they crossed paths with a white rabbit.

“Almiraj.” Enki recalled its name.

“And when they’re one,” Lilly added, riding on Verde’s back, he pulled out her crossbow prepared.

“There’s always a group behind, Torrent,” he finished activating his magic.

Just as expected, the rabbit monster sprung up with an axe and roughly ten more emerged from around it.

To say fighting these things was easy would be an understatement because they had better teamwork than they did, Enki was having a hard time expecting the monsters as they hopped around and slashed and backed him luckily his water exterior shielded him allowing him to stab the ones that got close.

It didn’t make him a tank though as he focused on ducking, dodging their attacks, flipping over them to gain the advantage before coming down with an axe kick crunching their heads.

Bell on his side could keep up with these rabbits. For him, it was just to avoid any lethal attacks and stabbing their hearts, killing them. At some point, he got three of them in line and launched a firebolt, turning all three to ash.

Lilly was safe on Verde’s back. As the predator, it is the rabbits all stayed away from it, making it actively capture three rabbits and keep them under his talon, terrorizing them by picking them alive.

But the fight wasn’t over as more of the little fuckers came and attacked them. It was a tough battle. Enki and Bell were scarred and bloodied. Lilly was fine on top of the giant rabbit-killing bird, offering help with her crossbow.

“Huff, I think we should get back up,” Enki wheezed, lying across the floor.

“Me too. We’ve been down here for hours,” Bell, equally exhausted, agreed.

“You guys did great! Look at the number of magic stones,” Lilly squealed, picking all of them up, “but yeah, I think it’s time for a break. I think we’ve been here for at least six hours. We should head home.”

“Kruuu!” Verde flapped its wings at the mention of the word home. Verde enjoyed the dungeon, but even it was feeling winded.

It got up and knelt beside Bell.

“Do you want me to climb on?” He asked, and the bird cooed.

“Alright then,” he smiled and climbed onto its back. It did the same next to Lilly and then Enki.

There was enough space for the three of them on its back. Bell sat in front and Lilly sat between him and Enki. Verde took a while pacing, getting used to the weight before he bent his legs, ready to sprint.

“Wait a minute, do you know the way!?” Lilly’s question was cut off when the bird sprinted off, leaving a cloud of dust behind.

‘Tomorrow’s my date with Ryuu. I hope it turns out great,’ the thought made Enki smile, anticipating the date.

14