33-Dealings and Feelings
311 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the battle, the group sat on some dirt chairs. Having drunk some potions, the group was feeling better about returning to the surface.

"In hindsight, putting the Goliath into hot lava would've been better," Enki groaned, stretching his back.

"But then we won't grow that much, would we?" Bell said.

"Yeah, I know whatever. Let's get going. I miss my bed," Enki sighed, getting up.

"I thought you were going to say Ryuu,"

"Priorities, the bed comes first, then I get my status updated I'm sure my skill has finalised and lastly Ryuu."

The Monster rex's core was in a metal cart connected to Verde's saddle by rope. They all climbed onto the bird and, with a light kick of the legs, got it moving. Enki created a slope with his alchemy for them to get out of.

"I still can't believe we took care of the boss! Normally it would take a group of low-levelled 3 adventures or a seasoned group of mid-level 2 adventurers to take one down!" Lilly said with glee, sitting in front of Bell.

"How many is a group?" Bell asked.

"Ten adventurers," she said looking back, "but we managed it and more because we have fewer people we gain more excelia, of course, most awarded to Enki since he did a lot of the work but I can assume we still get more than most teams would."

'I see... So in about another month, we should be able to level up again then, right?' Enki thought about it for one. His growth would skyrocket and more he realised something. 'I can defeat the goliath solo. I would have enough excelia to level up again. I'll be level 3 in the next 2 weeks!'

He made a mental note when he gets home to count the days remaining until it spawned again, power levelling because he would be the only one to gain excelia from it.

'The "normal" excelia would help raise my basic abilities to their limits, while the "high quality" excelia can help me reach level 4, I'm sure defeating a level 4 monster while level 2 and 3 solo is worth a lot.'

...

[Orario guild]

"Have a good day," Rose said to an adventurer, bowing as they left. She looked outside, seeing the sun descending.

"He's not back yet..." she muttered, looking around for her red-haired man of interest. For a second she believed he was gone, but shook her head no. This time, something felt different.

"Are you alright Rose?" The voice of Eina made her jump, not sensing the elf's presence.

"I-I'm alright. The truth be told, I'm waiting for Enki. You know him," she said.

"Ah right, you were. I heard you mention him when I came for you. Did I interrupt an important thought?"

Remembering what she was committing herself to, or rather who she wanted to commit herself to, her face flushed and she turned away.

"It's nothing I doubt it'll happen anyway," she chuckled if Enki and his group beat the goliath then she would take it as a sign from the world that they should be together, after all her years of solitude and waiting for a sign.

"Sigh. It's just some hopeful thoughts is all," Rose smiled.

"A-ah! H-ha!" Eina's face froze, her voice breaking.

"N-no fucking way!" A wild adventurer called behind her as many rushed looking out the window.

"Huh?" Rose, confused, looked back, seeing the gasps and excited shouts, "Eina, what's wrong?"

The elf stuttered, pointing to the door and glimpsing what was on the other side. She thought she was hallucinating.

Rose carefully walked up to the door the moment she reached the handle. It opened in front of her, and the wolf girl's eyes widened ins shock and awe.

"Well hello there," Enki, all scuffed up, flashed a cheeky grin. Behind him stood his party and Goliath's magic stone.

"Ha! How did you do it?" She muttered, unable to believe it only for a second as the adventurer guild erupted in cheers!

"Woo hoo! Little rookie and the esteemed alchemist just took down the goliath!" A wild adventurer screamed.

"Yeah!" "How is that possible!?" "Does it matter!?" "Do you guys need guides to make the middle floors easier let me help you!" Adventurers cheered and awed as the trio walked in with Verde pulling the cart inside.

"I heard they brought monster bird from outside Orario," whispers between adventurers spread as many watched Verde.

'Loki knows how to spread rumours,' he chuckled. This was a plan he set, not wanting them to know about Verde being a jack bird. He was going to write him as a monster bird, and with Loki's help, made it possible.

Of course, the goddess only agreed to gain favour in getting a good deal for the eggs.

"We'll take this to the back and have the appraisers check," Rose said returning to her working self, it wasn't the face they brought the magic stone that was a shock but the fact that the four of them beat the boss together.

That was the reason for the commission. Every two weeks the boss is usually taken care of by one of the bigger familias.

After burning the image into their minds, most of the adventurers left, wanting to tell their friends. It took a while, but the atmosphere lowered. but was still static.

In the back rooms, after some effort, they took away the crystal to a separate room to be appraised. In the room, the three sat across from Rose and Eina.

"How is this possible?" Eina asked Bell.

"We buried it and we beat it up till it died!" Enki said with a child-like smile.

Like a bucket of ice water, the two looked at him with shock on their faces. "That's it?" Rose asked.

"Well, yes but actually no," Lilly sighed, "it's hard to explain, but Enki trapped the Goliath and we attacked it while it was stuck."

"That's exactly what he said, just with extra words," Rose said.

"Uh, I know," Lilly groaned, failing to translate.

"Can we just skip to the money part, please?" Enki groaned, falling back onto the couch he was on.

...

"Holy fuck, I mean shit!"

"I-is this for real Eina!?"

"So much Valis and all mi- ours!"

They awed over the pile of valis on the table. The price for the Boss was 2 million Valis, of course. They were already well off, but this was more than expected.

"The guild will have the money transferred to the bank," Rose said with an exasperated sigh.

"I think I need to rest," Eina said, huffing.

"Tonight we celebrate. I'm making pizza and something new!" Enki cheered for Bell and Lilly wore a bright smile. "You guys go ahead. I need to buy some ingredients."

"Un! We'll let Hestia know everything!" Bell said, getting up and leaving, "by Eina, see you tomorrow!"

"Ah, Bell!" she shouted, following behind him.

"I'm just gonna go to then," Lilly huffed, getting up, grabbing Verde by the leash as they left the building.

-Thud

Enki fell on the couch instantly. "Ah."

Rose looked at the pleased smile on his face. She felt the need to do something, but she stood there admiring Enki. 'How did I get here?' She thought, caressing his hair with a small smile.

"Hihi," she giggled and walked up to him, carefully lifting his head.

"Mn?" He hummed, not opening his eyes. He felt his head placed on something comparable to a pillow.

'Wait, is this?' He opened one eye, meeting her golden eyes meeting his green emeralds.

She only smiled caressing him, "you are something you know that?"

"Something good or bad?"

Her hair was bouncing around. She smiled, leaning down, cupping his face. She locked lips with him with a lengthy kiss, with no ulterior emotion besides wanting.

"Enki Flamel when I met you I only thought of you as a typical adventurer I wanted to keep my distance and advise you as best I could I didn't think I was worthy of any affection or love afraid to lose it and left alone, but you maybe it'll be different, I like you." Her face beat red the entire time, matching her hair.

After a moment she put him down and got up, "you must be tired so I'll take my leave. You can rest here, but be sure to get home in time for pizza?"

Despite her calm self, she was screaming on the inside, 'what the hell was that I chose the worst time for this, should I tell him to forget it?' after being single for so long she wasn't sure if this was how to start a relationship.

She stopped at the door, turning back only to feel Enki snake his arms around her, kissing her beautiful face.

It startled her like any normal person before feeling the demand for entry from Enki's tongue. She took a moment before closing her eyes as both redheads explored each other's mouths.

In the heat of the moment, Enki's hand drifted down, grabbing and brushing on her fluffy tail. The kiss muffled her moan and, Enki feeling braver, moved his hand up her body, feeling her curved before reaching her ears.

The need for air cut the moment short. Both their faces were red and wanting more. But Enki controlled himself and pushed back.

"S-sorry I got ahead of us. We haven't even gone on a date yet."

Rose barely heard his words. Her body was heating just from that moment years of pent-up energy waiting to be let out, "hah, it's fine and you're right, we do this after a date, so how about tomorrow?"

"Isn't that too quick? Not that I'm complaining?"

"No, it's perfectly fine with me."

"I have to ask I know it's personal but how long has it been since you had sex?" Enki asked seeing her body shuddering and her tail wagging repeatedly he assumed she was in some heat frenzy and knew her story that's why he asked.

She gulped understanding and raised her hand. "Five years."

12