Chapter 48: A Delay To Scheme
2.3k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belongs to their respected authors and owners.

'thoughts'

"Active skill name or magic spell"

'Active skill name or magic spell in thought'

"Activation phrase"

'Activation Phrase in thoughts'

"speech"

action*

time*

noise*

Gaia/gamer system talking

[Skill Name] - Passive or Active - Lvl.1/100 - EXP: 0% - MP cost: or none

Description: Info on skill

[Item Name] - Rank: F- to EX - Durability: 1 to Unbreakable - ATK: 0 to N/A

Description: Info on the item

[Title] - Info


Chapter 48: A Delay To Scheme

Year 19: Day 74: Split Time Zone | Day 2 of the 365 Days Part 4

(Glory City)

As I wait for Yuri to pick the dimension to go to. I look at the black claymore, where it feels like death itself and will kill anything it touches. Even myself if I'm not careful.

This black claymore was actually an accident, I created in the 99+ years training and was mostly messing around to find any combination of [Skills] linked I would like to use and this was among the many I found very useful to have.

Honestly, as long the main core [Skills] are [Mystic Eye of Death Perception] and [Call the Wind] are together. Then the rest is fine. These two are what made the black claymore powerful.

"I got it!" Yuri shouted in excitement, "I got a great idea that would make things interesting and should also count as training in a way."

I look back at Yuri, who stop looking at the list I gave her and look at me with eyes of excitement that make me wonder what crazy idea she came up with this time.

"And that idea is?" I really wish I can just read Yuri's mind and find out what her crazy idea beforehand so I can think about my options to pick before giving my reply, but I rather not since that would end up becoming a habit to read all my wives and even kids' minds to see what's going on with them.

At the minimum, I can just read what emotions they have with [Sha Naqba Imuru] and guess on the emotions itself mean. Along with why they have that current emotion as well.

"Why not find out own students to teach?!" Yuri yells in joy, "This way we can train people to become our students and later on become powerful allies when we face off the people of the three factions. Not to mention we can bring them with us in the [Ark] and have them summon into the battlefield at the quickest timeframe. Also, this will give us the status of being those powerful teachers that most main characters get early on or in certain situations that give the main characters' powerful master that consider as plot armor due to karma or something that makes the powerful master/teacher to accept the main character as their student and what not. Then they would become in debt towards us for training them and maybe save them a few times."

"I see." I sweatdrop at this and wonder what kind of crazy idea my wife come up with and this is what I get from her. "And you came up with this idea how?" I'm more curious about how she got this crazy idea in the first place than the idea itself. Out of all my wives. Yuri has been among that I can't wrap my mind on and would sometimes be caught off guard when I least expect it. Outside combat that is.

"Just came to me." Yuri grin at me, and really knowing her, I do believe her. She does have her moment. But, just to be sure.

"It isn't because you've read the History's Number 1 Founder novel did you?" I look at Yuri with a blank stare.

"The what now?" Yuri look confused, "What kind of novel has a title like that?"

'Okay, maybe Yuri really did get this idea out of nowhere.' I thought to myself since Yuri not that good at lying to me in the first place. With most some of my [Skills] acting a [Lie Detecting Skill].

"Never mind on that. Did you pick a dimension yet? Since you have this crazy idea of yours." I said to Yuri in a bored voice, but still kept my guards up. When we're not completely safe out in the open area. Plus, the fact there no buildings left standing to block us from view from a long distance.

"Actually, I wanted you to make a new crossover dimension." Yuri rubs the back of her head, with a sheepish smile.

"Sure. But, we will have to wait tomorrow, then, for me to use the [Bypass Restrictions] to do so. What crossover are you thinking anyway?" I ask Yuri, very interested in what kind of crossover she is thinking of.

"I wanted it to be in a world of Harry Potter, with a hint of some kind of [Cultivation System]." Yuri started explaining how using the [Cultivation System] in a way to cultivate [Magic] itself and using Harry Potter, the main character, to fight some our battles in the future while training him to use a [Cultivation System] that we know or recreate one, but replacing the [Qi] or whatever to [Mana].

"Does it have to be Harry Potter? There really not much to do there and the technology there isn't that advanced unless you can deal with that." I didn't mention how the technology advanced very quickly when I forced the world in the dimension I was in the Harry Potter universe to grow, but mostly in warfare than daily needs. Also, I can literally just find one of the dimensions in the Harry Potter universe that has their timeline moved further in time, to include modern technology or some other reasons.

"Also, using [Mana] as the main source for the [Cultivation System] wouldn't help much. Unless you're talking about the Desolate Era novel's [Mana]. Which allow [Ki], [Heartforce], and [Divine Power] to be combined into a more potent form of [Energy]. Because that's completely different, even if they have the same name, but actually different [Energy] and something can't be used by the people in the Harry Potter universe, let alone the main character of that universe." I said to Yuri in a dull tone of voice.

"And before you ask." I cut Yuri off before she can say anything, "I've already used the [Bypass Restrictions] to see if I can replace [Qi] with [Mana] back in the Harry Potter universe. It just causes things to blow up. Literally. Every [Sword Qi] I create without HP merge into it. Would lead to an explosion and to make it worse. I almost died trying to make [Mana] into purely [Sword Qi]." I pause for a moment to let my words sink into Yuri's head. "Yes, I tried to get a [Skill] to turn [Mana] into [Sword Qi] as well. Didn't change much since my [Volition Sword Dao] would destroy it instantly instead of devouring it. I lose more than gain in the process."

I didn't mention that if I didn't have the [Volition Sword Dao], then it would become possible, but I rather not lose the [Volition Sword Dao] at all. So I kept quiet about this and hope Yuri won't mention about it.

"Oh." Yuri didn't think her husband would try to figure a way to convert [Mana] into [Sword Qi] without including HP to merge with MP to gain [Sword Qi]. "Well, I guess it doesn't have to be Harry Potter universe, I guess." Yuri wasn't completely disappointed, "We can still find others to become our students, right?" Yuri looks at her husband with a face filled with hope.

"I see you ignore the technology part." I said dryly, "But, yes we can still look for students. I guess." I'm very confused about why Yuri wanted to search for students, even if it to create potential allies for the war. If that was the case, I would have long taken Ingui Yoon with us. Since she is a student of mine and a successor of the [Ssam-Su Taekkyeon].

"Actually. If we're looking for students. Then, I think the first thing is to figure out if the [Hero Faction] had captured Ingui Yoon. Technically, she the first student of mine to learn the [Ssam-Su Taekkyeon]. Also, going back to the Girls of the Wild's Universe to grab all those students of mine as well." I remind Yuri that technically, I have numerous students back in that universe. Even if all of them are female students.

"That's true." Yuri tabs her chin with her right index finger, thinking about it for a moment. "Do you have any ideas on how to rescue Ingui Yoon?"

"Give me some time, so I can sort through all the new memories I gained." I replied to Yuri's question and explained how this was one of my plans on how to rescue Ingui Yoon if she truly captured. Can't have my own student adduct and all that. Furthermore, I've already planned long ago on how to fight the three factions by forcefully takes the knowledge from my enemies. I just needed actual people that have knowledge about the multiverse and know they belong to the three factions.

"Alright, if it takes a bit longer. I don't mind staying in this dimension for a while." Yuri shrugs her shoulders before looking back at me with a frown on her face. "Ingui Yoon wouldn't be in an entirely different universe, would she? Because that would break the rule, kind of, since we can only be together alone in this universe."

"If you haven't cut me off before. I said yes, because not once I said that we would stick to one universe back in the [Ark]. As for the whole dimension travel, never came to my mind. Which is why I said I would give this to other the same benefit of dimensional travel, which is a smaller scale trip, by the way. Now, universe travel is fine. Since I can just use [Bypass Restrictions] to sync the time zone to the one we have if desire so. Remember, I said I give us a year to try out this universe, but seeing how it's a big mess already. I don't think this will count unless it's going to be a common thing with the others." I started explaining to Yuri about how we don't really have to stick to this universe we're currently in. In the first place.

Yuri stares at me blankly, "I can see why Esdeath said to me before, that I wouldn't have to worry about having little time with you. She's right, you do tend to spoil all of us whenever it is possible and call for."

"Esdeath said that?" I ask with a dumbfounded look on my face since I thought the way I'm treating my wives was a bit above average, to make them happy with the whole harem thing going on.

"Yup. Trust me. She's right about you spoiling us, not that I'm complaining. But, I can guess why." Yuri grin at her husband, knowing that most girls wouldn't like having their husband having multiple wives in the first place; well, depending on the location and culture, then it may be a common thing. Nevertheless, Yuri knew that with Esdeath changed, there's no point of having to deal with Esdeath trying to search for other girls for their husband to be with. Thank goodness too, because five was already pushing her limit.

"I see." I slowly nod my head, not knowing what's going on inside Yuri's head right now. "So, do you want to go to another universe? I can still make it the same time zone we're in if that makes you feel better."

"Heh, I can see why you would make something like the [Bypass Restrictions]. You literally try to bypass rules or trying to in many situations." Yuri kisses her husband on the lip for a few seconds, "Alright. You win." Yuri grin. "We'll go into another universe, but yes, keep the time zone the same, even the days we used in this universe."

"Got any universe you wish to check out? It doesn't have to be something similar to this universe." I said to Yuri, as my main goal and side goals have successfully been completed. I got what I wanted from this universe to help my family, and maybe students of mine and gaining some knowledge of the multiverse.

"Hmm. Give me some time to think. During that time, you should come up with a plan in case Ingui Yoon and anyone else has really been abducted by the [Hero Faction] and maybe the other two factions as well." Yuri said to me, as she closes her eyes to think real hard before opening her eyes and the [Inventory], to find anything that would help her pick.

While I leave Yuri to her thoughts; I put away the [Cane of the Sage] since it looks like it won't be needed. Along with the black claymore once I realize that I won't be using it after all and keeping it out this entire time is wasteful.

I start using [Archive] to search for any memories related to Ingui Yoon and with my name as well, just in case people found out about me. Of course, I would people to know me due to the fact that I literally broke free of whatever was controlling my Gamer's ability from behind the scene and take it for myself.

A few minutes later*

"Okay, I did not see this coming." I thought out loud after a quick search for anything related to Ingui Yoon and myself together.

"What's wrong, Ragna? Did you find something interesting?" Yuri asks me, as she tosses the book she just did a quick speed read back into her [Inventory].

"Yeah, I found out that Ingui Yoon wasn't really technically abducted, but someone managed to create a clone from Ingui Yoon the very moment she was, er transfer over." I'm very confused about how this happens and all the memories I search just now didn't give much info.

"What do you mean by transfer over? And what do you mean not technically abducted?" Yuri is now confused as well, "Did someone offer something to Ingui Yoon and send to somewhere else, thinking she would find us or something?"

"Not quite." I give Yuri a wry smile, "Remember the anime/manga: Hunter x Hunter. Well, Ingui Yoon was sent there. No clue on how she was sent there and how long, but I guess kind of long, and was cloned the very moment she was sent over there."

"So basically, Ingui Yoon, the very same one trained by you personally and the user of the [Renewal Taekwondo] and [Ssamu-Su Taekkyeon], both Martial Arts that are considered very powerful, in a world that's mostly filled with supernatural users and still haven't been able to expand out their territory into the so-called "Outside World"? While Ingui Yoon only has her Martial Arts to rely on compared to almost everyone in that world?" Yuri looks at me and wonders who in the right mind would send an expert Martial Artist into a world filled mostly supernatural beings using an ability call [Nen] could further increase the fighting abilities of that Martial Artist.

"Pretty much. Oh yeah, remember Daniela, the Eighth Vongola Boss and only female boss? From Katekyo Hitman Reborn universe." I replied, then ask if Yuri remembers my second student, with my little sister, Setsuna, being the first. "Yeah, she with Ingui Yoon as well. As in literally sent together with Ingui Yoon into that universe. Therefore, we should be ready to face a clone of Daniela in the future."

"Huh, I did not expect to see her at all in the future unless we plan to visit the Katekyo Hitman Reborn universe for something." Yuri said with a hint of shock, but that was hidden underneath the joy she feeling of reuniting with a friend, kind of.

"Same here. I even expected that we would no longer meet with Ingui Yoon or at the very least the one we met." I said to Yuri, as I start thinking about what I should do upon meeting them. Should I send them back to their home universe? Or risk it and take them along like Repellista, but with the latter not my student at all.

"You think we should become a hunter?" Yuri grin at me, wanted to do the Hunter Exam and show off. "Plus, I got to see if I can use [Nen] while I already have [Aura]. Then again, in the RWBY universe, [Aura] is the manifestation of one's soul while in the Hunter x Hunter universe. [Nen] is a [Technique] that allows a living being to use and manipulate their own [Life Energy], which is known as aura as well."

"Sound like my [Touki] in some way, but completely different as well." I feel like trying to gain [Nen] would be kind of useless to someone like me. Therefore, I'm not that eager to get it. I already have countless of [Universe of Knowledge] ready for me to import [Skills] whenever I feel like it.

"Anyway, unless you want us to go somewhere else, then I can send us to another dimension, but if not, we will need to wait tomorrow before we can go to the crossover dimension that formed with Ingui Yoon's universe and Daniela's universe, with the Hunter x Hunter universe." I said to Yuri, who thought for a moment.

"Nah, we can go to meet up with Ingui Yoon and Daniela. Wait, is it just those two or more from those two universes entering with the Hunter x Hunter universe and in reverse with the people in Hunter x Hunter going into those two universes?" Yuri asks me, "Because that would mean we'll have to worry more about other characters entering in those three universes or at least the multiple dimensions formed near together to create that triple crossover."

"No clue. I wouldn't be surprised if other universes blend into that crossover dimension." I replied, "Not to mention, the crossover dimension where Ingui Yoon and Daniela was created under someone from the [Hero Faction]. So we'll have to be careful during our stay there."

"Can't you just track them down?" Yuri looks at me like I'm still not thinking about doing simple solutions to most of our problems and continue to forget about it.

"If you mean by [Karma Thread]. Then I have to be in the same dimension, but of course, if we were like in the [Ark] and outside these universes and in the multiverse. In most case, I can track them down via [Karma Thread]. But, it will require lots of stat points doing so. However, doing the same thing and in the same dimension and universe would decrease the cost massively." I explain to Yuri on the limitations of using the [Karma Thread] as a way to track down people.

"Hm. You know. We, as in the others as well, should sit down and have a talk about what your limitations are, along with a way to improve or remove those limitations completely." Yuri said to me.

"[Bypass Restrictions]." I simply said my [Skill]'s name as if that the answer to what Yuri just said. "Also, you and the others are too busy doing your things when we're not having sex or watching the kids. Of course, before we had kids. We did spend together with each other than having sex, but kind of random at the time."

"That's true." Yuri blush and trying her best not to feel like this bother her at all. "Anyway, I guess we can just do whatever today and head off tomorrow."

"Right. Plus, with me here. We'll only have to worry about the beings in this dimension that have the power of over the [Laws] and some that train in weird and strange, powerful [Cultivation Methods]." I said to Yuri, "So as long we in Glory City or what's left of it. We should be fine."

"Meh, really don't care at this point. Sure, I get to fight powerful opponents, but I know my limits, and plus, I do need to work on those three new [Skills] you gave me. Pretty useless and wasteful on my part if I don't train in them often and only doing so when the situation is very bad, where I would put myself at risk using them without training in them at all." Yuri knew when to have fun and when she needs to be serious as the situation calls for it.

The next day*

Year 19: Day 74: Split Time Zone | Day 3 of the 365 Days

(Glory City)

Yuri did as she said and started training in the three [Cultivation Methods] she was given. The first one out of the three was the [Great Way of the Buddha] since it's both a [Body Refining Skill] and a [Healing Skill] that could heal herself and others while at the same time having a strong physical body; well, stronger than what Yuri current physical body, which is already have a strong physical body beforehand.

Therefore, this is what Yuri main focus on and luckily she didn't need to try training this [Cultivation Method] the original way via from comprehension like it suppose to. All she needs is to absorb vitality to fill, refine, and transform her body.

Something should be very hard in the first place since not many people can do such a thing, but thankfully enough, Yuri had experience of doing something similar with the help of the Teigu she gained from her husband long ago. But, what Yuri wanted to do is use the knowledge that came with the [Great Way of the Buddha] on how to absorb vitality manually herself, that way she won't completely rely on her Teigu to help her later on. This would have been a fatal weakness if she was to ever lose or have her Teigu destroyed in the future.

Sadly, Yuri couldn't finish the first stage and allow her body to born anew. As it looks like Yuri's body is a lot harder to be able to be transformed under the [Great Way of the Buddha] from the look on Yuri's face, that has a frustrated expression most of the time right now.

"Still having trouble, Yuri?" I ask my wife, as I continue to send out [Sword Qi] everywhere to eliminate anything that comes within a mile of us. Where it looks like the native in this dimension wanted to reclaim back this area of the Glory City. However, I don't want anyone near us right now and only using this area temporarily before leaving when the [Bypass Restrictions]' cooldown time is done.

"Yeah, I think it's because the quality of vitality I'm absorbing around here isn't helping much." Yuri look at the destroyed area, with only a giant bed that looks like it belongs to rich people and completely out of place compared to everything around it.

"Have you tried the [Demonic Culitavator's Method]?" I ask Yuri, who look at me with a confused look before her eyes light up.

"Do you mean absorb the vitality of others instead of the area?" Yuri asks with a hint of concern, "Won't that affect me in some way? Since the vitality of people changes over time and could have been affected by other external sources. Not to mention I may get some side-effects in the process."

"No clue, but if you're just planning to absorb the vitality around you, then I guess it's best you be around nature instead." I said to Yuri since my status as The Gamer made the whole side-effects of absorbing things kind of nonexistence; well, if my Gamer's ability includes such a feature later on in the future. Really hope it doesn't.

"Or a place filled with an endless amount of high-quality vitality, then I would make multiple breakthroughs in little time." Yuri points out that she only needs high-quality vitality instead than just the type of vitality.

"Well, we can find one when we go to the Hunter x Hunter universe." I pause for a moment, "Give me a second. I need to do something real quick." With just a thought as I import another [Skill] that I should have grabbed beforehand along with the [Ancient Clan Cultivation System], but forgot about it at the time.

DING!

You have gained the Skill: [Restriction Mastery - Renegade Immortal's Version].

[Restriction Mastery - Renegade Immortal's Version] - Active - Lvl.1/100 - EXP: 0% - MP cost: Varies

Description: [Restrictions] are very different from [Formations]. [Formations] use very specific methods to create a very specific effect. The components used in a [Formation] are very complex. [Restrictions] are considered a type of [Formation], only they are much more versatile. They can change based on the will of the user.

1st Effect: Gain access to [Restriction Creation - Rank: Yellow].

2nd Effect: Locked (Require level 20)

Other Effect: Locked (Require 2nd Effect unlock)

"Let's hope this is enough." I mumble to myself, as I use my newly gained [Skill] and use [Chain Combo Magic] to link it with my [Omega Sword Dao: Dao of Formation], to create multiple [Restrictions] with the power of the [Dao of Formation] backing it up, raising its effect further than possible. As I lay these [Restrictions] all over this area with the effect of causing anyone other than Yuri and me, to be stuck where they are and not allow to move from that spot from that point on until the [Sword Qi] and [Mana] I supplied into these [Restrictions] run out.

This wasn't much since I can only create [Restrictions] of [Rank: Yellow], the lowest grades, but with the power of [Dao of Formation] included. Well, I have no clue what rank it would be in power alone.

Nevertheless, my aim for these [Restrictions] is to prevent anyone from stopping Yuri and me from leaving this dimension and universe.

Sure, I could use the [Dao of Formation] alone, but it would require a large amount of [Sword Qi] that I rather not use. Therefore, this [Restriction Mastery] that use [Mana] is a good thing and using less amount of [Sword Qi] just to put the power of the [Dao of Formation] into the [Restrictions] is enough for me.

"Okay, you ready for us to leave?" I ask Yuri, who look around the area with a shock and a pale face. "Something wrong?"

"Yeah, what the hell was that?! Why do I have this feeling of danger that would cost me my life if I was to move from where I am?!" Yuri looks at me with eyes filled with fear.

So I explained to Yuri about what I did, and finally, Yuri calms down, but that didn't stop her from smacking the back of my head.

"Seriously, a little warning would be helpful. I almost thought I was about to die." Yuri grumbles a bit. "To think I would just be frozen on the spot and nothing more."

"Well, if there was someone nearby or have an attack for long distance, then they could just snipe you from afar while you're immobilized. Plus, if you're feeling in danger. Then, it must be those experts that looking at us from afar. Your instinct must have warned you that the very moment it looks like you couldn't move at all, those experts would most likely attack you from a distance." I slowly explain to Yuri on why she felt in danger as my INT and WIS stats help me guess the result on why.

"Should I be concerned that while you're trying to help out on us leaving from this place, but at the same time could risk killing others around you?" Yuri said dryly, "Because even if you don't include me from being affected by these [Restrictions] you made. I still felt my life threaten easily."

"Sorry about that." I grin at Yuri, who rolled her eyes.

"You know, I find myself curious on why you pick this [Skill], with your situation towards the subject of restrictions itself. You even created the [Bypass Restrictions] to break restrictions, and here you have the ability to create [Restrictions]. Talk about irony." Yuri smirk at me, causing me to twitch a little after remembering about this.

"I wish you haven't reminded me." I grunt at Yuri, causing her to giggle. "Yeah, laugh it up why don't you."

"Sorry, but I just can't stop thinking it's funny how someone who hates being restricted is willing to restrict others." Yuri apology, but still find it laughable, "Plus, you know this makes you a hypocrite right?"

"Yeah, doesn't mean I won't realize how dangerous restrictions are." I groan at how stupid I was for grabbing the [Restriction Mastery] and could just use the [Dao of Formation] instead, even if I don't use it mainly to restrict others. I still wanted to figure a way to use less [Sword Qi] if possible while fighting a long-term battle. After all, the amount of [Sword Qi] I would use against powerful enemies wouldn't even last me a few minutes, seconds at worst.

"Whatever, let's get out of this universe and take Ingui Yoon and Daniela with us, then head for a new universe, to find more students to turn into allies of our family." Yuri knew that the time where the whole family will be in danger is coming soon.

"Right." I nod my head at Yuri, then start using the [Bypass Restrictions].

20