Chapter 51: Improving in [Skills]
1.1k 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belongs to their respected authors and owners.

'thoughts'

"Active skill name or magic spell"

'Active skill name or magic spell in thought'

"Activation phrase"

'Activation Phrase in thoughts'

"speech"

action*

time*

noise*

Gaia/gamer system talking

[Skill Name] - Passive or Active - Lvl.1/100 - EXP: 0% - MP cost: or none

Description: Info on skill

[Item Name] - Rank: F- to EX - Durability: 1 to Unbreakable - ATK: 0 to N/A

Description: Info on the item

[Title] - Info


Chapter 51: Improving in [Skills]

Year 19: Day 74: Split Time Zone | Day 11 of the 365 Days

(Hell Arena: 200th Floor: Wonderland)

Out in the open, where three beautiful ladies are standing back to back, carefully looking to find their enemy. Even checking their shadow from time to time, as if expecting their own shadow would attack them at any moment.

"Above."

Of the three beautiful ladies, the one with long black hair in a ponytail and red eyes, throw a straight right punch to the sky, causing a large explosion to appear.

"Hey, Yuri! You may want to hold back a little! Not all of us have a strong body to withstand such force!" A different lady called out, who have the same hair color and style, but with brown eyes and have a red flower tattoo on her face.

"Oh, lighten up, Daniela. In the future, this would become a common thing. So better get used to it sooner than later." Yuri grin at Daniela then looks at Ingui Yoon, who only look a bit pale and her forehead covered with a bit of sweat. "I mean, look at Ingui Yoon, she isn't complaining."

"Well, unlike Ingui Yoon, I wasn't trained in the [Renewal Taekwondo]'s [Basic Body Training]. To have a strong body." Daniela said with frustration, wondering why she so focused on her [Dying Will Flame], but remember she wasn't always fighting alone and had her guardians with her. Even if Ingui Yoon could be a temporary one, but she wouldn't count on it. As Ingui Yoon's flames weren't [Dying Will Flame] at all.

"Below."

Before Yuri could say anything back; all three heard the voice once more and quickly scatter and not a second later. A dozen of swords made from the earth itself, erupt from the ground and for anyone that could see it. All swords were in a position where all the vital points that would have killed all three ladies.

"Hey, Yuri, you've been with teacher for years. Do you have any idea on how to draw him out in the open?" Daniela asks Yuri, as so far, none of them have seen their opponent this entire time.

"If I remember correctly, won't we need something that would make teacher pay more attention to? I know he sometimes is lost in his thoughts more than once while training me along with my fellow students in training." Ingui Yoon answered Daniela's question before Yuri can.

"Heh, that would work, but it's kind of hard to find something would make Ragna focus onto and not pay any attention to his surroundings. Even if we did successfully get Ragna to be distracted. It wouldn't change much since Ragna has already made it to the point of fighting with just his reflex and instinct alone while his mind is in another place. Trust me, it happens before." Yuri gives the other two a wry smile and hidden with bitterness.

"Then, does anyone else have a better idea for this? Because we're literally out in the open like sitting ducks." Daniela scowl, still remembering how defenseless she felt whenever she trained under her teacher a few times. "Time like this. I wish I had put some efforts into detecting and stealth."

"I can understand that feeling." Yuri understood how it felt that she needs to fix her weak points, but it takes lots of time and resources to do so. "Either way, we need to do something before Ragna starts raising up the level of difficulty."

"[Volition Sword Intent: Blood Shadow]." I didn't need to speak out my [Sword Technique], but this gives the girls a chance to prepare. But, that's just it. A chance.

Yuri pale instantly, "Watch out! He using [Volition Sword Intent]!" Of course, she has no idea what kind of [Sword Technique] it would be, but if it includes using the [Volition Sword Intent], then it would be very dangerous.

"Come on, it's not like-" Daniela was about to say something when she saw a flicker of red. Like a red shadow before her head was cut off, where she can see everything spinning and her headless body drop to the ground.

Both Yuri and Ingui Yoon quickly use their own version of [Movement Techniques] or [Skills] to move around as fast as possible while keeping track of anything that would give them any hint to either block, dodge, or even counter if possible.

While Daniela only took a few seconds before being revived under the effects of the [Skill: Wonderland].

"WHAT THE HELL!" Daniela screams in a panic as she moves on instinct the moment she was revived and throw herself onto the ground where a few strands of hair float in front of her eyes, showing that if she was just a second too late. She would have her head removed, again.

"Yeah, that's why I said watch out! Anything related to [Volition Sword Intent] is bound to be very lethal!" Yuri shouts to Daniela as she slowly gets the hang of using the [Skill: Star God's Broken Shadow]. But, she does have to slow down very often when she needs to change directions.

"Well, watch for a flicker of red! That is when I found my head cut off!" Daniela shout out a warning for the other two to be ready. Sadly, both Yuri and Ingui Yoon, mostly Yuri made a couple of mistakes and got her own head cut off as well. With Ingui Yoon having the same ending too, but less compared to the other two.

Since Ingui Yoon is pushing her body and [Nen] to the very limit to dodge all the lethal attacks that's mostly aiming for her neck. But, would sometime find herself losing her legs or arms before being finished off with a strike between her eyebrows.

Therefore, Ingui Yoon continues to move even after being killed and revive. Always on the move while learning from her mistakes as quickly as possible, to improve her dodging ability.

"I hate this! This is beyond torture and just him killing us in the name of training!" Daniela roar with fury as she releases a wave of [Sky Flame] everywhere, with her in the center. Burning everything around her and some spots were turned into stone.

"[Call the Wind]. [Summon the Rain]."

The entire sky turned black as the night before a massive dark cloud formed, where it started raining. No sooner after Daniela release her [Sky Flame], the rain has extinguished the [Sky Flame] instantly before it could spread further.

However, that wasn't the end as the [Summon the Rain] have absorbed the [Sky Flame], which made Daniela gawk at this and was dragged away when the raindrops being to explode all over the place, with many areas turning into stone before returning back to the original state.

"Less talking, more action." Yuri said to Daniela, after rescue her from an explosion from the [Summon the Rain] that has absorbed Daniela's [Sky Flame].

Daniela pales at how close she was turning into stone, even if it just for a few seconds. Turning into stone wasn't something she wanted to experience again after that one time in the past.

"Keep moving, even if the rain has stopped, that doesn't mean Ragna has!" Yuri shouts at Daniela, waking her up from her trance and quickly regroup with Ingui Yoon together with Yuri.

"Mrs. Yuri, do you have any other way to gain teacher's attention? Because at this rate, I don't know how many deaths we would go through before our mind start to shut down." Ingui Yoon asks Yuri, as she dodges another sword swift towards her neck and tried to counter with a spin kick, but only ending up hitting air instead. Something that happens very often at this point.

"Well, I don't know if this work, but better than nothing." Yuri didn't think twice about it and rip her shirt off, revealing her half-naked, with only her bras covering her bare breasts.

I appear in front of Yuri, with a [Empire Common Sword] almost touching Yuri's forehead, with a deadpan on my face.

"Yeah, here is a tip. Don't do that when there are other nearby that isn't part of the family." I said to Yuri, whose face turned red after realizing what she did was something she supposes to do in private with her husband and the other wives.

"Noted." Yuri whispers softly in embarrassment as her top half is covered once more like she never ripped her shirt in the first place, thanks to [Rejection].

I duck as Ingui Yoon tried to kick my head before jumping away when Daniela throw a [Fireball] at where I was before continues throwing multiple [Fireballs] and [Fire Spears] at me.

"Well, it works, but I did not expect you would do that." Daniela said to Yuri with a hint of shock in her voice, but kept her eyes onto her teacher and continues releasing a large amount of [Dying Will Flame] and [Nen], to form these [Fireballs] and [Fire Spears].

Placing another hundred of [Restrictions] onto the [Empire Common Sword] as it's close to breaking once more. Then, throw it into the ground, releasing all the new [Restrictions] I placed onto it.

Then, pull out another [Empire Common Sword] as the [Restrictions] block all the attacks from Daniela while at the same time preventing both Yuri and Ingui Yoon from shortening the distance between us.

"[Raise Sword Intent: Stormbringer]." I raise my sword while channeling [Sword Qi] into it before sending it into the sky as a storm formed, where wind and thunder appear everywhere. Filled with [Sword Qi]. Carrying the might of the heavenly power. It has the power to destroy all beings under this storm.

Then, I swing the sword down as it broke down into ashes as the storm blast down, pushing almost everyone into the ground from the strong wind and lightning bolts striking down everywhere without any aims. Only caring to destroy everything in its path.

This includes the user as well if it was a beginner that used this [Raise Sword Intent: Stormbringer]. But, I'm no beginner as I will the lightning and wind that contain the [Sword Qi] to strike down on all of them, where Yuri just tank the lightning with the help of her already strong body and [Great Way of the Buddha].

Ingui Yoon uses her [Movement Technique] she created with [Nen] and dodge all the lightning bolts from hitting. While covering almost all her body with flames to resist the wind from pushing her to the ground.

Daniela, on the hand, just formed a barrier around her with her [Nen] and [Sky Flame], to block the wind and lightning from affecting her. Which she is doing good so far, but everyone can see that Daniela won't last that long as the wind and lightning starting to become stronger by the second.

I stop using the [Raise Sword Intent: Stormbringer] as I'm wasting a bit too much [Sword Qi] for my taste. Seeing how none of the girls have been killed by this [Sword Technique] and look like I need to work on the [Raise Sword Intent] later.

For now. I jump away and hide in plain sight once more with [Omega Sword Dao: Shadowless Dao: Undying Form]. Transforming into the wind and the earth once more.

"Damn it! We lost sight of him again!" Yuri curse as she discovered her husband can no longer be located with their eyes. Even using their [Detecting Skills] wouldn't work right now. Also, Yuri wanted to curse herself for forgetting that she doesn't have any [Detecting Skill] at all. Other than using projecting her [Aura] like a sonar around her to detect everything around her.

"[Chain Combo Magic: Moon Light Sword Style: Falling Leaves + Pumba: Volition Sword Intent: Blood Shadow]." I merge both my first [Sword Technique] created for the [Volition Sword Intent] and using the [Moon Light Sword Style: Falling Leaves], which is a [Technique] that delivers a rapid strike to the opponent's head, abdomen and back of the knees.

Adding the [Blood Shadow], that contains the essence of cold and merciless of attacking, aiming to kill. Akin to an omnipresent assassin, lurking in the void like a King of Assassination. The sword moved like a ghost, and when the sword edge fell. There was a flicker of red before the target fall.

Multiple flickers of red appear around all three ladies and instantly; all of their limbs, even heads have been sliced off.

"Shit, that hurt like! AH! I can't even describe how much in pain I am!" Yuri shouts in pain and rage, then glare around the area for her target for her rage. "Show yourself, Ragna! I want to fight you head on!"

"You sure about that?" I appear in front of Yuri, as I look at Yuri with [Volition Sword intent: Sword Gaze], causing Yuri to flinch and took a step back before her rage return, showing her willpower wasn't that weak, to begin with, and adding her rage just made Yuri's fighting spirit rise.

Yuri throws a punch with all her might, causing the space to bend around her and even causes some crack in space.

In Yuri's eyes, anything can be solved with her absolute raw power. However, something snaps in Yuri's mind as she instantly changes from punching to stabbing her target with her right index finger.

I blank out for a moment as Yuri's right index finger stab me near the heart and got the notification I died for the first time, but was revived under the [Skill: Wonderland].

I narrow my eye when I see Yuri striking with her left hand this time, and this too was with her index finger.

Not taking this risk to find out if I end up dead under this attack and already thought of how Yuri is doing this. The answer being is that Yuri finally figures out how to use the [Nabong Needle Ryu]'s 2nd Effect: Give the user's fingers the ability to function like needles.

Not only that, but I can see that behind Yuri's index fingers contain a large amount of [Aura] and using [Nabong Needle Ryu] as a way to bypass the target's defense and deal true damage. Including Yuri's massive [Aura] and destruction attack methods. The [Nabong Needle Ryu] technically just compressed Yuri's explosion-like attacks into a single point. Making it so all the wasted [Energy] in the attack to be fully used in that attack.

But, that wasn't the end for Yuri. As she quickly rushes to shorten the distance between us as I found myself surrounded by multiple of Yuri. Showing that Yuri has also gained insights on using the [Moon Splitting Cascade]. As I can't tell the difference between the afterimages if I don't use some of my [Detecting Techniques].

'Well, shit. It looks like [Wonderland]'s 2nd Effect: Increase EXP gain by (level)% towards [Skills] when used in the pocket dimension made from the [Skill: Wonderland] has finally affected Yuri.' I thought to myself since I know for sure, Yuri would continue with that punch and not switch to using the [Nabong Needle Ryu].

I was curious if Yuri's [Great Way of the Buddha] has made a breakthrough to the next stage, but remember that Yuri needs high-quality of vitality to go to the next stage. Therefore, I drop this thought instantly.

Looking at Yuri's face to only see the cold fury have replaced the hot rage that Yuri would usually show most of the time, with a cold rage being very rare for Yuri. This made me think that the pain Yuri felt a few seconds ago must have caused Yuri to snap and went straight into a cold rage.

I did a backflip by using Yuri's right index finger as a small platform, causing Yuri to wince as I broke her finger at the same time moving away when I found a spear made out of [Sky Flame] almost hitting my head. Along with a sweep kick to my feet from Ingui Yoon, who used the [Renewal Taekwondo: Lowest Hwechook].

A 180-degree spin sweep kick that is parallel to the ground aimed at the opponent's feet. It can be used to link to the [Dragon Catcher Technique] as well. But, if dodged, then you have to switch for a different attack.

Either way, without making any contact. It's useless against me, but it did force Yuri to stop for a brief moment or risk crashing into Ingui Yoon.

'Yup, fighting a highly trained group of fighters without much experience in teamwork would cause a problem at some point.' I thought to myself, as both Ingui Yoon and Daniela have decent teamwork between them already, but including Yuri just cause that teamwork to be unstable.

Of course, if it was Yuri with my other wives. Then, I would have a hard time facing them if I don't use any [Broken Skills] or anything that's above their [Skill levels].

"Maybe. I should have held back." I mumble to myself, but Yuri, Ingui Yoon, and Daniela heard, with Yuri narrowing her eyes and charge right at me once more, with Ingui Yoon following behind to back her up. While Daniela stays from afar as long-distance support.

I hurl the [Empire Common Sword] at Daniela after placing another set of [Restrictions] onto it before throwing it.

Then focus on Yuri and Ingui Yoon, where I activate the [Omega Sword Dao: Yin-Yang Stance] as I pull out two [Empire Common Swords] to dual wield.

Injecting 10 worth of [Sword Qi] into the two swords each while linking [Yin-Yang Stance] with [Parry Sword Intent] and [Intercept Sword Intent] together under the [Skill: Chain Combo Magic].

Deciding to not overwhelm Yuri and Ingui Yoon, but instead taking this chance to allow both to gain the benefit of the [Skill: Wonderland] to improve their [Skills].

This is the same with Daniela, as I use the [Empire Common Sword] I've just thrown by manipulating it with [Sword Qi] to make it a flying sword to attack Daniela without having to physically wield the sword itself.

Therefore, I'm facing all three opponents at the same time while also helping them improve themselves after seeing the [Wonderland] finally affecting them.

Slowly, as all of us continues to fight each other, with the three ladies forgot about how there an army of people outside is entering the Hell Arena. Where a certain group wasn't aiming for the top floor for the prize, but for something else on their minds.

2 weeks later*

Year 19: Day 74: Split Time Zone | Day 25 of the 365 Days

(Hell Arena: 251st Floor)

-Third Person's POV-

"Ugh, my body feels so numb." Daniela complains as she just went through body training with the help of both Yuri and Ingui Yoon as her body strength and speed is the main weak points right now. So, Daniela asked those two for help while not knowing that her teacher could have helped with this as well, but haven't seen him use unarmed combats much. Also, forgetting that it was her teacher that taught Ingui Yoon the [Renewal Taekwondo] and [Ssam-Su Taekkyeon] in the first place.

In Daniela's opinion, she wasn't in the right mind at the time. Since with all the 'deaths' she has experienced in the [Wonderland] have made her feel a bit loopy and forget some important factors. Nevertheless, both Yuri and Ingui Yoon easily help Daniela improve herself in body training in this 2 weeks, where all three girls were inside the [Temporal Demon Spirit Book]'s separate space with the time zone being different.

So, to others, it has been 2 weeks. But, for Daniela, it has been a total of 160 weeks. Around 3 years of non-stop body training other than breaks, for food, restroom, and sleeping. Other than those three. Daniela was forced to train in those 3 years without much rest.

To make it even worse in Daniela's opinion. Yuri has a [Skill] similar to the [Sun Flame] for healing effect. But, stronger and effective. Therefore, Daniela, to her horror, wouldn't end up having any side-effects of going through such extreme training and gain all the benefits with absolutely no bad effects coming from it.

"Hey, at least, you have a stronger body. Almost at the same level as Ingui Yoon's." Yuri grin at Daniela, who just give Yuri a lazy glare.

"I'm pretty sure if it was teacher that trained you in body training. You wouldn't get any breaks at all." Ingui Yoon said to Daniela after thinking if Daniela had asked their teacher to train her instead.

Daniela pales instantly. Slowly, she raises her head to look at Ingui Yoon's face and use her [Vongolo Hyper Intuition] to check for any lies, but didn't come up with anything. Meaning that Ingui Yoon's words are true.

Then, Daniela looks at her teacher who is currently looking off into space, but knows he is looking at something.

-Ragna's POV-

As I continue to watch all the people in this dimension trying to climb the Hell Arena, but failing most of the time. In fact, the best of the people have only reached the 5th Floor, where I placed a million of [Restrictions - Rank: Earth] that very lethal, and so, they only reached the 5th Floor, but not pass it at all.

The first four floors, where two are filled with mobs and the other two don't have any live enemies.

The 1st Floor filled with hell hounds I just came up on the spot. With the entire 1st Floor's setting is a large cave with a few glowing stones in the walls.

2nd Floor is lava. Literally just an entire floor of lava, that has only one platform at the entry from the previous floor and another to the next floor.

So, anyone could easily bypass this 2nd Floor by either just flying over it or immune to lava. Flying would be very risky as the heat is very high that it could melt anything with a single touch. Something I made that the lava would bubble up sometimes and cause a pillar of lava to raise at random.

As for being immune to lava; well, good for them and just have to worry about how to swim across or risk being blown further away from their goal to the next floor. As with the pillar of random lava shooting up would send them flying in some random directions that not closer to the entry to the next floor.

At one point, I even wanted to throw in a lava type man-eating shark, but decided not to. Since I'm already using up plenty of [Mana] to support the [Ninjutsu] and [Rejection] that make the entire Hell Arena as it is and the floors, along with [Summon the Rain] 24/7. I'm just glad [Tier 1 - Stats] have changed my stats by compressing it and keeping it as high quality and quantity. Mostly the quality as I'm using less amount of [Mana] than the amount of [Mana] I regenerate back.

Nevertheless, there is some kind of man-eating animals in higher floors. So, there is that.

Next is the 3rd Floor, which is just filled with earthly traps. As in traps that any mortal, aka the humans, can make after learning how to make traps and using the materials around them to make them.

Of course, I made sure to use [Ninjutsu] to hide all these traps, that even people with [Nen] can't use to see through the illusions I placed over the traps to hide them. Furthermore, I made sure that all traps would change locations and even positions as well. Along with some traps ending up merging together as well.

So yeah, on this 3rd Floor is what cause 50% deaths for newcomers that don't have any experiences in traps that can't be seen and have to rely on one's senses or any powerful people with them, to help them out.

Onto the 4th Floor. I had fun making this one. As I made it so this floor is filled with killer ninja bunnies. As in bunnies that trained in the art of the ninja and assassination from the dark. Which is why on the 4th Floor requires people with some sort of light source as there no light at all on the 4th Floor while these killer ninja bunnies will be able to use their heightened sense of hearing to locate the enemies.

So, people that don't make any sound at all. Have a better chance of moving from this floor to the next while those with better experiences can kill these killer ninja bunnies.

I grin at how many souls I'm extracting with [Magic Arsenal] so far and most of them have decent [Skills], but not something worth using in a major battle. Nevertheless, at least I can use the [Magic Arsenal]. The [Slaughter Realm] I mean, since I still haven't created the other ones yet, to able to use these souls' [Skills] and their [Nen] they have developed. Furthermore, all those [Soul Trackers] have been removed as well the very moment these souls enter the [Slaughter Realm].

I felt someone staring at me, turning to my left and see a pale face Daniela, who looking at me with fear for some reasons. 'I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything to her, yet why is she looking at me like that?' I thought to myself.

"Something wrong?" I ask Daniela with a bit of concern.

"Nope! Nothing! I don't need any help with my training! Hahaha!" Daniela replied instantly and near the end, making a fake laugh that almost made me and the other two think that Daniela wasn't scared at all.

"Alright then." I ignore the sigh of relief on Daniela's face, with both Yuri and Ingui Yoon giggling at Daniela, causing her to glare at the other two.

I return my focus onto the [Archive: Holographic Projection Screen] to see all the people doing their best to figure a way to pass the 5th Floor. Grinning at all the souls I'm gaining and with more souls mean more [Skills] for me to use with [Magic Arsenal]. Also, having an army of these souls to fight for me. Mostly as cannon fodder in my honest opinion.

18