Chapter 82: Research And Theories
460 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belongs to their respected authors and owners.

'thoughts'

"Active skill name or magic spell"

'Active skill name or magic spell in thought'

"Activation phrase"

'Activation Phrase in thoughts'

"speech"

action*

time*

noise*

Gaia/gamer system talking

[Skill Name] - Passive or Active - Lvl.1/100 - EXP: 0% - MP cost: or none

Description: Info on skill

[Item Name] - Rank: F- to EX - Durability: 1 to Unbreakable - ATK: 0 to N/A

Description: Info on the item

[Title] - Info


Chapter 82: Research And Theories

Year 26: Day 119: We're Getting There Part 2

(Ark's City)

"Now, that this whole meeting is out of the way. What now?" Raven said to everyone. "Are we heading into another Highschool DxD universe? Because if so, I rather not be the one to draw all the attention this time. I did it last time, so it should be someone else turn."

"Well, we can't let Ragna do it alone. Last time, not saying who, forgot to tag along and he ends up fighting the entire world on his own while the rest of us had to rush things to complete tasks that were supposed to be done on a later date, but thanks to Ragna. He literally pushes the date closer than we could be prepared." Esdeath said to Raven while staring at Ryun, who didn't seem to care about the look she got, not that Esdeath could say anything about since Ryun is one that is hard to fight these days after she became a [Universe Creator] and have begun searching for other [Skills] to work on.

"You sure we can't just let hubby do that again? Because even though we were pushed to do things ahead of schedule. We still managed to complete everything." Serafall points this out, "I mean, sure everything was in chaos, but at the same time, I never have seen so many people working together just to take down hubby. In fact, I could swear I saw an angel saving a devil from being stabbed by one of hubby's [Sword Qi]." Serafall pause for a moment when she a sudden thought pop in her head. "Hey, hubby, how powerful is your [Sword Qi]? Like I know you have all the [Skills] that used [Sword Qi], but I mean, how powerful your [Sword Qi] in raw form? If I were just to bring out my [Demonic Power] out in a raw form. It just a ball of freezing cold water."

"I'm curious myself." Raven spoke up, "I've only felt your [Sword Qi] through your [Skills] only. In fact, can you even bring out the raw form of all your [Energies]?"

"I think I could. But not too sure." I know I could do so with [Mana], [Dark Matter], [Sword Qi], and [Heartforce]. It's the [Void Energy] I'm not too sure about.

"Won't this be dangerous for all of us, though?" Gabriel asks this question, not truly that curious at all and more concern for everyone's safety if what she told about their husband's [Sword Qi] created years ago with his lifeforce, [HP], and [Mana] combined together to form [Sword Qi]. Then, since that day, then the [Sword Qi] has gone through many changes and could lead to fatal injuries for all of them.

"I'm with Gabriel for this." Yuri said to everyone, for once, she would not test her current body after it has been refined with the help of [Great Way of the Buddha] against her husband's [Sword Qi]. She already knows his [Volition Sword Intent] alone could pierce her body easily. Yuri can't imagine what the [Sword Qi] alone would do to her and the others. "If you guys truly want to see what Ragna's [Sword Qi] can do in raw form. Then, wait until all of us are in [Wonderland] without worrying about one or all of us dropping dead."

"I don't think that's required, Yuri. After all, if you have forgotten. I have the [Skill: Rejection]." I said this to Yuri and the others, where they are concerned that the [Sword Qi] alone in raw form would kill everyone.

"Oh. Right." Yuri rubs the back of her head, "Alright, continue on. I would be lying if I wasn't curious myself."

"Eh?" Gabriel looks very confused that Yuri quickly switches side so fast, "Is this [Skill: Rejection] truly that powerful, that it would prevent our deaths?"

"Oh, right. You have never been told about Ragna's [Skills] or the many common ones the rest of us know over the years." Esdeath noticed how both Gabriel and Serafall have a clueless look on their face. "You must know something important. If Ragna never obtains the [Skill: Rejection]. I'm pretty sure most of us wouldn't be alive to this day nor would we be so powerful. Just this [Skill] alone is what help made all of us who we are today." Esdeath begins explaining what the [Skill: Rejection] does and many examples she could easily think at the top of her head for both Gabriel and Serafall to know what a [Broken Skill: Rejection] is.

"Oh."

Both Gabriel and Serafall look at their husband in a new light, in fact, in their eyes. Before, they already believe their husband is extremely powerful, that the one called Great Red and Ophis are nothing to him. Which was proven true in one of the universes of Highschool DxD, where their husband killed both Dragon Gods single-handedly. Adding the [Skill: Rejection] just makes it even harder for the two, to think of anyone that could defeat their husband.

"Okay, I'll bring out the [Sword Qi] for a couple of seconds. No need to leave it out in the open for too long." I said to all my wives, then stretch out my open right hand and the palm facing up. Then a serious expression appears on my face as my right hand cover in a thick red mist that slowly turning back into a soft red mist. While an extremely massive killing intent wrapped around the [Ark], but luckily none of it leaks out of the [Ark] due to the [Restrictions].

For the others currently, even without the [Sword Qi] being in its raw form just yet. Has caused everyone to feel like their bodies are being stabbed by countless swords. In fact, in their opinions. Not a single spot on their bodies isn't being left untouched by this sharp feeling.

What made it worse for everyone is that as by the time the [Sword Qi] change from a red mist-like form into a pure red light form, where just a single glance from this red light alone made them feel like their eyes are being stabbed by a sword, multiple times at once. Not a comfortable thing to feel personally.

"Okay, this is the best I could do for now without having to use [Rejection]." I said to everyone.

"Does that mean, you still haven't turned that [Sword Qi] into raw form yet?" Esdeath asks her husband while flinching every time she glances at the [Sword Light]. In fact, she slowly getting a headache from this.

"Owie! My eyes!" Serafall cried out in pain as she covers her eyes, but it didn't help at all. Not to mention, the rest of her body is in pain as well, just that her eyes are more in pain compared to the rest of her body.

"Ah, my god, truly your might show no bound. I'm so grateful to feel your divine [Sword Qi]." Ryun said to me as she has eyes closed, tears pouring out, but it looks like Ryun didn't care or more like its the tear of joy in Ryun's opinion if she was questioned about it.

"Fuck!" Alice slams her head onto the table, "That string like a lemon juice pours over my eyes, then someone lights them on fire! And afterward, someone jabs their fingers into my eye stocks and dig around!"

"Oh, I see that everyone having a different take on this. For me, it's like staring at a fellow sword user in a battle to the death, but with me losing, badly." Raven didn't shout or anything and just stated a fact. "Though I could deal without my eyes, being in pain and it's only due to my [Heartforce] that preventing my eyes being more in pain."

"Wait, [Heartforce]? Why didn't I think of that?!" Alice shouted, where she forgot she too have [Heartforce] and quickly wrap her eyes with [Heartforce], causing the pain to be suppressed, but not too much, the pain is still there though. "Still in pain, but better." Alice sighed in relief.

"Huh, so this isn't even in its raw form yet?" Yuri asks me, no sign of being in pain at all compared to others.

"Oh dear." Gabriel regretted not persuading others not to do. As she shut her eyes and using her [Holy Power] to suppress the pain.

"Ah! I have regrets! I have so many regrets!" Repellistra cried out as she held her eyes, "Ragna, do something about this!"

"Oh, crap. Sorry, Repellista." I wince, for not remembering that unlike everyone else. Repellista not that strong and being near my [Sword Qi] is already harming her. So, quickly, I use [Rejection] on Repellista first before everyone else.

Soon everyone is no longer in pain nor do their eyes feel like they are about to be destroyed.

"Okay, here goes." I said to everyone, causing some to flinch. Then, the [Sword Light] instead of becoming brighter. The [Sword Light Qi] begins to dim, almost like someone lowers the brightness of the light.

"Okay, less pain, more danger instead. Good to know." Esdeath said with a hint of cautious.

"Huh, this feels more like an assassin about to kill me." Raven thought out loud.

"Agreeing with Raven here." Yuri follows up.

"It feels like an apex predator just appeared." Alice grim at this feeling rising up inside her.

"All I feel from my god is his mighty sword protecting me." Ryun said what she truly feels for all to know.

"Oh! That's what I feel as well!" Gabriel said in excitement, that she wasn't the only one that felt this.

"Huh, weird. Then, I guess Raven, Yuri, and I felt the same thing." Serafall looks at Gabriel and Ryun in disbelief, that they don't feel in danger.

"Okay, this should be it." I begin explaining for me, the raw form of a [Sword Qi] is that a [Sword Light Qi] is similar to an expert sword wielder would have their sword out and ready to cut down anything in their range. While a dim [Sword Light Qi] is a swordmaster would have their sword sheathed and can draw it out instantly to attack anything within their range before resheathing the sword back afterward.

Going further in; I gave another example. Where being still is sheathing the sword and moving is equal to drawing the sword from its sheath and attack.

"Yeah, great. Mind putting that [Sword Light Qi] away now?" Esdeath said to me, "I think we wasted enough time for this and should resume our conquest."

"Fine with me." Raven replied, "I'm still not going to be the one drawing the attention."

"I may need some alone time with my god before we do... Being in the presence of my god's [Sword Qi] kind of turn me on." Ryun didn't look embarrassed nor care how others think about her. All she cared about what her god think of her only. "So, my god, would you please give me some of your precious time to allow me to feel you inside me once more?"

Esdeath didn't so much as twitch, too used to Ryun being like this. "I'll be joining." Yup, Esdeath wanted in this, and besides, she wanted to release some stress and good sex would do the trick.

"Okay, you horny people. Wait for us to enter a universe first, then all of us could screw each other." Raven rolled her eyes, "Work before pleasure is my motto."

"Wasn't it, work before naps?" Gabriel looks confused, which is becoming a common look on her face this year, not that anyone could blame her nor Serafall being confused as well.

In this family, new people would require years before knowing the bare minimum of basic common things for them to know beforehand without being so confused and/or shock all the time.

"She has lots of mottoes. Don't mind her." Alice answered Gabriel's question, and at the same time, answering Serafll too, as she had a clueless look on her face.

"Hey, what we miss?" Daniela asks everyone as she and Ingui Yoon just came back from doing their training together in one of the many Training Buildings, that has a build-in [Wonderland] or close to it as best.

"Eh, just usual boring meeting. And some of us were curious what Ragna's [Sword Qi] felt like in raw form. Big mistake, for some of us. That includes me in the group." Repellista said dryly, "Also, big warning. If you're curious about it. Don't. Trust me on this. There are things not meant to be known."

"Sound like we dodged a bullet. Huh, Ingui Yoon?" Daniela grin at her training partner, who just quietly nods her head.

"I think you may want to go back to training." Raven said to both Daniela and Ingui Yoon, as she points at both Esdeath and Ryun already on their husband making out.

"Hey, Ingui Yoon, let's go back. I feel like I could make a breakthrough on my [Hou Yi's Archery]." Daniela didn't even let Ingui Yoon answer and grab her by the wrist, then quickly run into a nearby Training Building, seeing how all Training Buildings includes soundproof walls.

"Wait for me!" Repellista shouted, no way she was going to be the only one to stick around when there is going be a who knows how long sex session about to start nor does she has any sexual desire at all and like to keep it that way.

Raven didn't stop them, in fact, she wanted to go with them, but with how all the wives got horny due to the affection display from Esdeath and Ryun. Well, the rest didn't need to think twice. This includes Raven as well. "I swear, we won't get much work around here." This is the last thing Raven mumble this before joining the others.

A year later*

Year 27: Day 119: Theoretically That Is

(Ark's City)

"Okay, so that was the last one. Are we missing one or has a new one has been born?" Esdeath said to everyone, but mostly towards Repellista as she the one that has become more advanced in locating more and more universes with ease, even to the point of telling them apart of being a crossover universe or a normal one. Also, even the exact time of how long the universe existed to find out the signs of a new universe is about to be formed.

"No. We got all of them. The next ownerless Highschool DxD universe to be formed naturally is in 2,000 years from now. 2,000 years in multiverse time to be exact. As for the universes being formed under someone from the three factions. The [Hero Faction] is 100 years from now to form a new Highschool DxD to at least be able to produce [Sacred Gears], but not even close to being able to take them out of said universe until 300 years later after it finished forming into a universe. [Neutral Faction] completely abandoned of trying to make a new one. [Evil Faction] are using forbidden methods of destroying existed crossover universes and grab the dimensions under the Highschool DxD to be put together to form a universe. This would take them at least 10 years from now and they can take the [Sacred Gears] out of the universe once finished forming. Way faster compared to the [Hero Faction], but cost them a bigger price in return for a shorter time period." Repellista explained and using her [Lighthouse] to help her explain.

"Ragna! Stop randomly throwing those [Invisible Sword Qi]! I can't even detect them at all!" Raven roar in the background.

"You know, I find it interesting that after Ragna discovered that [Innate Invisible Sword Qi]. He becomes more excited about using it compared to the [Immortal Exterminating Four Swords]." Yuri said to Alice, who was busy eating a bucket of fried chickens.

"I think Ragna mentions how it's similar to his [Volition Sword Dao] and desires to work on the [Innate Invisible Sword Qi] as a way to match up to the [Volition Sword Dao] before pushing them together. Something about the [Volition Sword Dao] would see the [Innate Invisible Sword Qi] as its nemesis or something and would cause the [Volition Sword Dao] to speed up in evolution. Well, that's what I could remember when I asked Ragna at the time." Alice replied after she finished three chicken drumsticks in seconds.

"This is getting annoying, Ragna! I don't mind if you were to do this with the [Omega Sword Dao: Shadowless Dao], but you're literally using this [Invisible Sword Qi] just a distraction!" Raven roar, slashing multiple times around her, causing the area to be damaged with many sword marks from all different sizes. Then a second later, all the damage done to the area disappears.

"You know, I find myself wondering how come we haven't found a Gamer, false ones even, in all the Highschool DxD universes we have taken for ourselves." Ryun spoke up, not joining with Esdeath and Repellista about the next set of universes to aim. "I mean, sure we're going quiet and fast. We've even killed people from the three factions after making sure they can't call for reinforcement after we invaded the Highschool DxD universes. But, you would think we would find a False Gamer at the very least. I know it's extremely hard to find another True Gamer. But, there should be more in numbers of False Gamers."

"Who knows. Maybe the three factions figured out our aims for the False Gamers, so Ragna could regain or gain a new feature for his broken Gamer's ability. Either way, we're bound to find one sooner or later. Plus, we've already found both a False and True Gamer before, with the latter almost killed by Ragna too. I think his name was Peter or something?" Yuri scratches her head, trying her best to remember the True Gamer that faced her husband. "I think he was a Space God or going by the name as Space God."

"Shouldn't we stop them before it goes too far?" Gabriel asks with concern about what's going on between Raven and their husband, where both of them are facing off each other with one [Skill] use only. Raven's [Skill: Heartsword Art - Creation Stage] and their husband's new [Skill: Innate Invisible Sword Qi].

[Innate Invisible Sword Qi] - Passive/Active - Cost: Varies

Description: A [Sword Skill] that doesn't come with a set of [Techniques] nor the movements and instead of comprehending the intent of a sword at the beginning. Before the user gain insight into the [Dao] and fuses it with this [Sword Skill] to allow the user to create their own [Sword Dao Techniques] be it weak or strong would depend on the user. The more insight of [Dao] fused into this [Sword Skill] the better the user's future [Sword Dao Techniques] become.

1st Effect: Gain access to [Sword Qi - Invisible Form].

2nd Effect: Gain access to [Foundation Mastery of Swords].

3rd Effect: Gain access to [Evolution Mastery of Swords].

4th Effect: Gain access to [Sword Dao Technique Creation].

"Why did you have to find this [Skill]!" Raven grabs her sword with both hands, where she no longer relies solely on her five senses nor her instinct alone and begins using her [Heartforce] as a field for detecting anything entering it.

Now, Raven can deal with the [Invisible Sword Qi], but that only removes the small annoyance of not being able to detect them. Now, she just has to split her attention to them while dealing with her husband in a sword fight.

A flick of silver, Raven duck and sweep her leg, but abandon that move not even for a second and thrust her sword straight up, aiming for her husband's torso; however, she abandons that attack as well and switches from a sword thrust, to a downward slash once she no longer crouching thanks to the previous move of thrusting her sword up. This gave her the opening and time to readjust herself for a better position.

"Okay, everyone listens up!" Esdeath shouts to get everyone's attention, leading to Raven and me to stop in our fight, which mainly just keeps ourselves active and challenge, also to help us important further. "With Repellista's help and coming up with many theories after gathering all the Highschool DxD in the universe. And everyone must know, that the three factions are now taking us seriously now. So expect more of the people in the three factions to show up in other universes we're entering. Anyway, back to what I was saying. Thanks to the last universe of the Highschool DxD under our control. Repellista has been doing some research and we discovered, that we can capture all the universes, be it owned or ownerless, under a category, but this only works with the normal universe, not the crossover ones."

"Wait, so for the two years for all of us to take over 4,000 universes of the Highschool DxD. There was a way for us to take all the normal universes this entire time?!" Alice asks in disbelief and she wasn't alone on this either. Literally all of us, but Esdeath and Repellista knew this.

"Exactly my thoughts. However, none of us are experts in the multiverse. It's only through pure luck that all of us with a set of [Skills] could do things others can't do. In fact, if Repellista wasn't here. Then, forget about 2 years. It would take maybe 20 years, 2,000 years. Hell, even 20,000 years before we come across this information Repellista obtained for us." Esdeath agreed with how everyone felt about this whole thing, even she and Repellista didn't think such a thing is possible until they came up with this theory out of random thoughts. "So, normally. For us to gain ownership over a universe be it already been owned or not. We need to take over the main dimension. What Repellista and I guessed that there should be a main universe in the multiverse, that would act like the main dimension in a universe. We take the main universe, we take the other versions."

"So, did we obtain the main universe of the Highschool DxD, then?" Yuri asks Esdeath and Repellista.

"That's the reason why we said in theories. Because out of all the ones we obtained. Some are stronger than the others and some even seem more unique. We have one theory, that the main universe can't be accessed normally like how we're doing. So we're required to fulfill some requirements to allow us to even locate it before entering it. Even if we can enter this main universe. Another theory is that instead of brute force our way into taking over the main dimension and own the universe afterward. It is a lot harder and we may end being kicked out instead. Furthermore, there should be some sort of special rules placed down. Like no killing [Fated Souls] period or we lose our chance to gain ownership." Repellista answered and took over for the explanation. "So no, we haven't obtained the main universe of the Highschool DxD."

"Huh, so pretty much normal. But, without using [Bypass Restrictions] to enter." I spoke up, causing everyone to pause for a moment. Then look at me with a blank expression. This includes Gabriel and Serafall as well, seeing how they knew how troublesome it is trying to enter another territory that doesn't belong to their side. But, with [Bypass Restrictions]. It's easy as breathing.

"Then, can't we just have hubby here use the [Bypass Restrictions] to locate the main universe or even take ownership over it?" Serafall asks everyone as she was among the first ones to quickly snap out of their shocked trance.

"I could, but I can't." I replied.

"And why that, Ragna?" Repellista asks me, "I mean, I could guess it would take the fun out of the end result for us, where the successful feeling of obtaining through hard work would be satisfying, but I mean, this is important and we are at war with the three factions. We need all the advantage we need. Just so we could survive ourselves. After all, we aren't aiming to win the war, but to live through the end."

"No, you misunderstood me. It's not that I'm not willing, it's more like I can't at all." I respond to Repellista quickly before she enters into her lecture mode, which is something she develops being with all of us. Everyone in the family has developed some sort of habit and most won't even realize before someone points it out. "You got to understand, that [Bypass Restrictions] isn't something a personal unique [Skill] that I only own. There could be someone among the three factions that has something similar to the [Bypass Restrictions], and luckily, I made sure that in the entire multiverse. I only have the full power of the [Bypass Restrictions] while others could still learn it, but require an example from me personally to use it on other things. Therefore, right now, from what I last checked. Someone has developed a version of the [Bypass Restrictions] to enter other universes without being stopped by the restrictions placed on the universe, but this can only be used within special conditions. So, if I were to use [Bypass Restrictions] to gain ownership over a universe, others will learn it as well and if I were to locate the main universe with it." I pause when I noticed everyone understood what I met before now. "So, as I said before. I could, but I can't."

"So back to the hard way, then?" Yuri asks everyone once everyone understands they won't be able to do the easy way out.

"Yup. Hard it is." Ryun replied. "Actually, do we even know what the requirements to locate the main universe and enter it? We can worry about gaining ownership after finding a way to locate it and figure a way to gain access into the main universe." Ryun really wanted to get everything done correctly without any mistake.

"No, we don't, that's why we're going to hunt down members from the three factions, for Ragna to steal their knowledge. Doesn't matter if they are in higher-ups or someone new. We will sooner or later find the right one." Esdeath said in a deadly cold tone of voice, that hunting down people just for this small, but very important knowledge is worth killing many innocent lives just for one.

"Isn't there any other way, for us to not do such a cruel thing?" Gabriel asks Esdeath, as she truly believes there is a peaceful way for this and not everything has to be killing others to get what one desires. "I mean, we have gone through over 4,000 universes and we should have some sort of way to do things without shedding innocent blood." Gabriel is still a pure angel, even if she could do something sinful and can never fall from grace, but that doesn't mean she will lose her way.

"Fine." Esdeath rolled her eyes, "We'll try to do it peacefully." Esdeath already used to how Gabriel is and wasn't that irritated by this as this happen more than once in the past already. So, Esdeath tries to look this into a bright side and there is one. Making this into a better challenge to reach the goal. Plus, out of everyone in this entire family. Gabriel is the best to make her feel a little guilty. Just a little, but make it grow over the years would make a big difference. Something Esdeath knew right away.

"Lovely!" Gabriel grasps her hands together in delight, with her eyes closed and giving Esdeath a bright smile, where everyone had to glance away as Gabriel's bright smile would sometimes cause her [Holy Power] to turn on and cover her body in bright white light. Something Gabriel has absolutely no idea how she is doing this when asked about this in the past.

"How are we going to do that?" I ask Esdeath while using [Rejection] to stop Gabriel from lighting up to match the sun. "The last time I had to use [Ninjutsu: Illusion of The Lifetime] to trick everyone else how that I'm the savior of the world."

"I still can't believe your illusion is powerful, even I was tricked for a few seconds if I wasn't informed beforehand." Serafall can still remember that event, where literally almost everyone thought the world was ending and her hubby appeared to save everyone. However, like the name [Illusion of The Lifetime]. This illusion literally placed almost everyone into an illusion for their entire life until they die, then they would be free from the illusion's influence.

"You think that's unbelievable? I find it more unbelievable that some of the people across all the universes of the Highschool DxD are 100% immune to illusion. We had to hunt those down fast before they could think of a way to spread their ability to ignore illusion." Alice shook her head, "Anyway, Esdeath. Do you have an idea what our next target going to be? I know we're trying to aim for the main universe of the Highschool DxD. But, we're clueless on that. So we may as well aim for other universes now." Alice pauses for a moment and looks at her husband, "Unless, Ragna here know what the requirements are?"

"The requirements are; One: You must have the ability to enter and leave a universe. Two: You must have at least one connection with the multiverse. Three: You must have ownership at the very 50% of the total universe in the same category at the very least. Four: You are not allowed to bring more than two others with you. Five: You must be a pervert. Six: You must have a harem. These are the six requirements to enter the main universe of the Highschool DxD." I answered Alice's question.

"What kind of bullshit requirements are those?!" Yuri shouts in surprise and confusion. The others are the same as her.

15