Chapter no.1: I Choose You part 1
14.3k 8 206
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Author Note : Before we begin, I would like to share some information with you ( readers ): 

• This is a continuation of another fanfiction that I grew to love by Spidey108 [ Pokemon : A Surprising Journey ]

• By continuation I mean, I want to take Spidey's work and put my own spin on it so from the very first chapters changes are going to occur. Small changes that are going to be minute at first but are going to grow Catastrophic proportions. 

• If you have read Spidey's fanfic; here are some of the changes that I have made.

No.1 : There is no Astral Ash to guide Austin.

No.2 : This world is a much darker version than Spidey's.

• So Spidey had written 117k words for this story, I have already written down 300k words for it and I will be uploading/publishing daily.

• This is kinda embarrassing but I read a lot of popular fanfics, so tropes and story elements from those fanfics will be included in them and before someone says I can't do that, I want to tell you that any and all story elements and arcs used will be under the permission of the original author so like I asked for permission and after I got it, I continued this series.

•●••••●••••●••••●••••●••

If you have a dollar to spare or you like my work and want to support me.

https://www.patreon.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/h3kDw7ma

Why is this here? Because I enjoy writing, and some people seem to enjoy my jumbled ramblings on other sites like Royal Road and Webnovel enough to donate towards them. That seems wild to me, but it's not my place to dictate what people can and cannot like, eh? Take note. Under no circumstance will I hold fanwork hostage behind a paywall. I am grateful for anyone who wishes to support me, and I WILL NOT ever delay anything because I feel like I'm not being paid enough. I've seen people lose themselves to that big-fish, small-pond egomania and it's ugly.

If you have a dollar and you want to support me, you can; if not then that's is absolutely fine but please join me on discord, I would love to talk to anyone.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Austin Kevin, a fifteen-year-old teenage boy with black hair and brown eyes, sat on the couch in the living room of his suburban home, wearing a simple black shirt and blue pants. The television screen flickered with images of Pokemon battling against each other in a colorful world filled with magical creatures. As he watched, Austin's face contorted with frustration.

"Oh, come on, that's nonsense!" he grumbled, his voice filled with indignation. He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees and his chin on his hands, as he watched his favorite Pokemon, Pikachu, losing against a rookie Snivy. Austin couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"How the heck can Pikachu lose against a rookie Snivy, the Pokemon who defeated a Regice and held his own against a Latios?" he exclaimed, incredulous. "Yes, his electric attacks were gone, but he could have utilized Iron Tail to launch that snake!"

Austin had always been a huge fan of the Pokemon Anime, but lately, he found himself getting more and more frustrated with the show. There was a period when Ash only took Pikachu to Hoenn and didn't use any of his other Pokemon for one episode except for Bulbasaur, before doing it again in Sinnoh.

He shook his head in disbelief and switched the TV off, muttering to himself. "Anyone could do a better job." Austin grimaced as he turned away and put on his headphones to listen to music.

The room was quiet, the only sound being the soft strains of music emanating from Austin's headphones. The air was still, and the only light in the room came from the flickering of a nearby lamp.  

As Austin sat there, lost in thought, he couldn't help but think about the Black and White Series of the Pokemon Anime. He thought about how much better it could've been if they had retained the growth that Ash made in Diamond and Pearl. They could've done a lot more with him if he'd taken more than Pikachu. That was a complete and utter farce.

Austin Kevin's eyes began to droop as he listened to the pulsing beat of the music. The rhythm seemed to match the pounding of his heart as he reflected on his frustrations with the Pokemon Anime. 

Despite his initial excitement, Austin noticed that he was exhausted only a minute into the song. It was strange, as he had just been exuberant, lost in the music's driving beat. But now, as he sat there, his body felt heavy, as if he had been carrying a great weight on his shoulders.

He let out a deep yawn, feeling his eyes grow heavy. The air around him seemed to thicken, and his thoughts grew muddled as he fought to stay awake. It was as if a dark fog had descended upon him, wrapping him in its tendrils and pulling him down into a deep slumber.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Austin's eyes slowly fluttered open, adjusting to the bright sunlight streaming into the unfamiliar room. He felt disoriented, almost dizzy, as he tried to piece together what had happened. The room was cluttered with various Pokémon-themed decorations, including a Clefairy piggy bank, a Zubat hanging from the ceiling, and a Snorlax bed on the floor. As he sat up, he noticed a smashed Voltorb clock with a small Pidgey perched on it, and his nose twitched at the musty odor in the air.

Suddenly, a sharp pain shot through his head as he stumbled out of bed, almost tripping over the rumpled sheets. He felt a strange sense of detachment from his body, as if he was watching himself from a distance. And then, he caught sight of his reflection in a nearby mirror.

It was Ash Ketchum staring back at him, dressed in the same green pajamas he wore in the first episode. Austin's heart started racing as he lifted a trembling hand to his face, feeling the rough texture of Ash's skin against his fingertips.

"N-no way," he stammered, his voice sounding strange and unfamiliar to his ears.

He took a step closer to the mirror, his eyes widening in disbelief as Ash's reflection drew nearer. He could see the dark circles under his eyes, the stubborn cowlick of black hair, and the determined set of his jaw. It was as if he had been transported into the body of his favorite childhood hero.

After taking it all in, Austin made the prudent decision.

He let out a shriek and quickly realized that it wasn't such a good idea a few seconds later, he heard footsteps approaching, quick and urgent, as if someone was in a hurry to check on him. The door burst open to reveal a young woman with mahogany hair and amber eyes, her face etched with worry.

"Ash, are you okay?" she asked, her voice soft and soothing.

Austin felt a jolt of fear run through him as he tried to compose himself. 

His first reaction was to say that he wasn't Ash and that this was absurd.

He didn't want to appear insane, though.

... And it gets worse.

As a result of the broken clock, he had to improvise by estimating where he was in the chronology. 

"I didn't get enough sleep!" he exclaimed, trying to mimic Ash's voice as he ran past her, feeling a little unsteady on his feet. He could feel her eyes on him as he bolted out the door and down the street, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Wait a minute, you have to eat-." When Delia spotted Ash sprinting out the door, she came to a halt and smiled. "Just like your father," says Delia

As he ran, he took in his surroundings with new eyes. He was in some kind of suburban neighborhood, with neatly manicured lawns and colorful flowers blooming in the gardens. 

Austin felt like he was in a dream, but a very vivid one. He couldn't shake the feeling of being trapped in someone else's body, as if he was a prisoner in his own mind.

And then, he came to a halt, panting and gasping for breath. He realized he had run far from Ash's house, which was still visible in the distance. He had no idea where he was or what he was supposed to do.

"This can't be real," he muttered to himself, trying to convince himself that he was hallucinating.

But then, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him, and he turned to see a small group of Pidgeys pecking at the grass. He could hear their soft cooing and the flutter of their wings as they took off into the sky.

Austin's heart skipped a beat as he realized that this was all too real. He was stuck in the body of a ten-year-old boy, in a strange world filled with mythical creatures and dangerous adventures.

"What the hell is happening to me?" he whispered.

As Austin muttered to himself, the words felt like they were slipping through his fingers, as if he was grasping at something intangible. "Well, obviously, I'm in Pallet Town," he thought to himself, trying to hold onto some semblance of sanity. His mind felt like a frayed rope, about to snap at any moment.

Austin shook his head, disoriented and confused, trying to make sense of what was happening to him. And then, he heard a commotion in the distance, a cacophony of voices and footsteps.

As he made his way towards the source of the commotion, he saw a crowd of people gathered in front of a gate that led up to the Oak Pokemon Lab. And there, standing at the forefront, was a familiar face - Gary Oak, the arrogant and entitled kid who always seemed to rub Ash the wrong way.

"Well Ash, better late than never I suppose," Gary sneered, his voice dripping with condescension.

Austin felt a surge of anger rise up within him, but he forced himself to remain calm, to keep his cool. He couldn't let Gary get under his skin.

But then Gary revealed that he had a Pokemon - a Squirtle - while Ash had none. The nerve of the guy, to act as if he was better than everyone else just because he had a Pokemon!

"Must be some Pokemon if it has to put up with your big head," Ash retorted, his voice laced with sarcasm and disdain.

Gary looked taken aback, as if he wasn't used to being spoken to in such a way. But then he quickly composed himself, his eyes gleaming with a dangerous light.

"I bet you're wondering what Pokemon it is-" he started to say, before Ash cut him off.

"Squirtle," Ash said flatly, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Gary's eyes widened in shock. "How did you know?!" he demanded, his tone bordering on hysterical.

But Ash just shrugged, trying to play it cool. "There are three choices, I just chose one," he lied, hoping that Gary wouldn't catch on.

Gary gave him a suspicious look, as if he knew Ash was lying, but then he just shook his head and got into his car.

"Smell ya later, Ashy-Boy," he said, before driving away.

206