A Bonding Experiment
464 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Read advance chapters (+ 70 ) of all my works or want to support me.

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/h3kDw7ma

....

[ Recorded on May 15 ]

This morning I went to Project Z's lab, where I pitched a different approach to the creation of a permanent mega-evolution.

Mega evolution is normally achieved when a strong bond is created between trainer and Pokémon so why don't we use a similar approach in which two Pokémon form a similar bond to that of a trainer and Pokémon and they breed to form a Pokemon that is permanently mega evolved.

Ok, now that I have said it out loud. It does kind of seem stupid.

Great, I should start preparing for my eventual unemployment after the disaster that was my pitch.

....

[ Recorded on May 16 ]

This is a joke, right? 

Redburg congratulated me on bringing the intellectual idea to the table which is currently being revised and refined since the approach is " feasible "

Mew damnit, why am I suddenly so lucky? Oh no, I think something bad is going to happen to me.

...

[ Recorded on May 17 ]

Great, I have been assigned to watch over two Pokemon; A Gible and a Charmander.

What did Redburg say?

I pitched the idea, now it's my responsibility.

Damnit and I am all out of my booze.

...

[ Recorded on May 21 ]

Taking care of these two is a pain.

The Charmander is one of the rowdiest things I have ever seen while the Gible is always grinning at me like she was looking at a big joke. 

...

[ Recorded on May 22 ]

Attempt 15 at getting the trust of the duo.

For the Gible and Charmander that were staying in reinforced glass cages, I simply locked the door behind me and opened the door to their cell.

The confusion and shock on the duo's faces were honest enough to make me scream from excitement. However, I didn't show it. Instead, I moved in closer to the duo, fighting back my fear of Pokémon, who was still too shocked to react.

I sat down in front of them and put down the mug of coffee I had brought along on the ground.

Charmander and Gible began blinking profusely, the grin wiped off Gible's face. She actually backed off, as if she was afraid of me while Charmander stood in front of me. Oh, that moment I wanted to laugh like some evil scientist.

However, I managed to maintain my calmness and just sat there, looking my demons straight into their eyes.

After a long minute, they had finally managed to understand the situation. The Gible and Charmander sat down in front of me and looked at the cup of coffee I brought along.

"No sugar," I said.

They eyed it suspiciously, probably suspecting it to be poisoned but it wasn't. Eventually, the duo reached out for the cup but before they could I lifted it from the ground and began sipping from the coffee.

It actually tasted awful, I don't really get what people see in coffee.

I gave the duo a pitiful look, "If you want your own, you actually have to ask for it."

A long silence followed and the adrenaline began fading away. I actually realized how crazy it was. These two could kill me without even moving a muscle. There were a thousand reasons why this was insane but at the same time, it felt so good!

Just seeing the confusion on their faces was worth it.

The duo looked me back in the eyes and for a moment I thought those would be the last thing I'd see. However they didn't kill me, instead, Gible just smiled at me while I got a nod from Charmander. 

I spoke dryly as if I wasn't having a mental breakdown last week. "My name is Lyndis Flash, I am your new caretaker. I hope you will cooperate with me?"

Charmander happily modded before running around the entire room while the Gible had the same smile on her face before she pointed at the coffee mug

" Next time, I get you one." 

Gible smiled as she let me touch her head.

That day I left the cell with a grin on my face.

....

[ Recorded on May 22 ]

Oh god, I can't believe I've actually done that. I must be crazy! I was talking to Pokémon that had all the reasons and powers to kill me. Oh, what has my life come to?

....

[ Recorded on May 23 ]

I brought coffee this morning and entered the cell again where they were waiting for me, this time Gible was without that eerie grin.

I put down the coffee and started talking, asking questions, and trying to understand the two Pokémon. I didn't start with the big things, instead, I just took some measurements so I could build a frame of reference.

Meanwhile, I was making notes, not only about their physical state but also about the duo's psyche which was, well a mess.

These two trusted each other enough to share a cage which told me that the duo wasn't taken from the wild. 

So where were they from?

Mew, I wish Pokemon could talk so I didn't have to go through so much trouble to understand the duo.

Trainers who claim to have such a bond with their Pokémon that they could understand each other... I call tauros shit.

Well, at least I could try to understand the two.

For example, Gible asked about the weather outside, I think, while Charmander asked my opinion on the color blue, I think. 

At first, I thought I had finally lost it but now I start to doubt that as Charmander and Gible would snuggle up to me without any hesitation whenever I would walk in.

....

[ Recorded on May 27 ]

Today, Redburg gave me the files for the two and they were well ..... shockingly sad.

They had been taken from their dens as eggs that had been raised in cages, knowing no one but each other and the occasional scientist that would come to collect samples from them.

Am I the bad guy here?

....

[ Recorded on June 3 ]

My nights are slowly getting better. I don't wake up covered in sweat anymore but I still have trouble getting enough hours of sleep.

I did manage to advance my research regarding this new Aura which has been dubbed Black Aura. Turns out, Black Aura is undetectable to almost every conventional technology, not only that but it is highly resistant to Pokémon effects as well, up to 98%. No wonder why most precogs fail at seeing Legendaries, their powers cannot simply grasp a Legendary.

I made some files regarding the duo's mental state and their anti-social behavior but they got scrapped. Not sure who's in charge of reviewing my work but Redburn shared with me in an email that I should refrain from adding "unnecessary information"

Which is ridiculous! If they wanted to create a permanent mega evolution then a bond was required and a Pokemon's psyche is a key component of said puzzle. It's already a known fact that emotional states can influence a Pokémon's growth and abilities so why aren't they concerned with the mental health of these Pokémon?

.....

[ Recorded on June 4 ]

I spend most mornings with Project Z, I usually bring along breakfast for all of us. Apparently pokemon stomachs can easily digest human food of all kinds but they won't get the same nutrients due to the physiological and anatomical differences between the digestive tracts of humans and pokemon, not sure why or how but it's at least one new thing I learned.

For now, I am still trying to figure out what makes the duo tick and hey, when they aren't trying to be as offensive as possible the two are quite good company. Or maybe I am just starving for attention. Makes you think.

.....

[ Recorded on June 10 ]

I got an email from Redburn, he was asking me if I could speed up my bond creation idea, to be honest, I don't think it could work because the bonds that Pokémon have with each other even under the care of the same trainer are different that bonds between trainer and Pokémon.

What should I do?

I can't just leave the two or they would be horribly experimented on.

I have heard what those people do to young Pokémon.

Forceful evolutions and breeding.

I never what my two little buddies to go through any of that.

What should I do?

...

[ Recorded on June 15 ]

I have a weird idea and I don't know if it could work but with Redburg's permission a few Pokémon trainers were brought in.

A few days prior, I had convinced Gible and Charmander into playing a game where one Pokémon would command the other in battles. 

I had taken the concept of trainer and Pokémon and replaced the trainer with another Pokemon.

Pokémon commanding Pokémon to battle .... oh, Mew I feel stupid just coming up with these ideas.

With Redburg's permission, a few trainers were brought in and battles were fought between them and Gible since Charmander wanted to fight.

The results were ..... utter defeat.

Maybe I should focus a bit on my other projects today.

...

[ Recorded on June 20 ]

I think I mapped out most of the information regarding this Black Aura. I still don't understand how it is generated or why it works the way it does but I think I figured out most of the properties it has.

The most significant property is maybe the fact that Black Aura ignores the type match up with a rough 89%. This goes only for absorbing damage and is stacked above the additional resistance. However, this statistic is brought down to a meek 10% when faced with a second Black Aura.

This does explain where the saying: 'Only a Legendary can beat a Legendary' comes from.

Of course, I do realize that my sample group is rather small but I am convinced this trait is shared amongst all Legendary class Pokémon.

...

[ Recorded on July 1 ]

"So, you must be getting bored in this empty cell," I told the duo.

Gible shook her head as she yelled out a command that Charmander followed to a tee.

No way, were these two actually practicing Pokémon battles?

.....

[ Recorded on July 7 ]

This day was something special as under the command of Gible, Charmander had won his first Pokemon battle. For some reason, I felt so proud as the duo hugged it out after they had won.

Redburg had sent me an email that my post had been shifted to observe the new Charmanders while different personnel would take over my idea of bond evolution.

Were those results not enough?

Damnit!

It was hard for me to say goodbye to the duo so I didn't .... no, rather I couldn't bring myself to say goodbye. 

I promised myself that I would try to visit them daily. 

Damnit, why couldn't I have things that make me happy? 

Why? Mew! Why ?!

....

[ Omake Paragraph ]

If Weedle is the assassin of the pokemon world, then Furret is the spy. They burrow silently through dirt and sand, or even stone and brick, leaving behind tunnels too narrow for other pokemon to pursue them, or even to notice. They escape easily, for they run through the underground as though it was a vast and endless plain. Although known as spies, they are common enough that the insufficiently cautious will take no note of their presence. And their senses are remarkably keen, allowing them to detect danger and likely even hear enough to report back everything needed, if only they could speak.

It is, of course, only with the invention of portable voice recording technology that Furret began to be employed for espionage. In the old days, human spies or Chatot were used, but it was difficult to disguise Chatot as Pidgey, and humans were often detected and killed – or worse for their employers, captured and turned double-agent.

Outside of Orre, of course, Furret has none of these weaknesses, just one enormous one. Furret has small lungs, and it is this which makes the narrowness of their tunnels often prove to be a tragic double-edged sword. If the tunnels they dig a cave in, Furret will usually be unable to dig back to the surface in time. Instead, they die of asphyxiation, their knowledge and incriminating tapes lost with them. This is why those who suspect they are being watched always teach one of their pokemon Earthquake. The truly paranoid, such as Team Rocket's Giovanni, also teach them Fissure

27