Missingno and Project Eve
449 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Read advance chapters (+ 70 ) of all my works or want to support me.

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/h3kDw7ma

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

[ Recorded on July 8 ]

I tried to visit the two trouble makers but I couldn't get passed the door. Maybe it was a sense of guilt I had for leaving the two after promising them that I would show them the outside world..... Mew! I am such a horrible person.

....

[ Recorded on July 10 ]

I started having nightmares that night. I wonder if the events of yesterday have something to do with it. I hope not.

.....

[ Recorded on July 11 ]

Today I met up with Redburg, who told me that my work on black aura was especially well received by the higher-ups.

After receiving all the praise, I asked Redburg a question that had bugged me about this facility.

Why don't the Pokemon try to escape?

And the answer I received from Redburg was something that sent chills down my spine.

"Nothing is waiting for them outside."

..........

[ Recorded on July 14 ]

Ever tried studying energy that comes from an unknown source? It's hard. Just imagine trying to figure out a puzzle that changes its outline every few minutes, that's my current situation when studying black aura.

.........

[ Recorded on July 15 ]

Redburg sent me a weird file today, from its looks I knew that these files were old but the information hidden behind these old pages left me in a state of shock when I realized that these papers were on a black aura of legendary Pokémon. 

Someone discovered it before me ?! 

Huh, who is Doctor Ein?

.......

[ Recorded on July 16 ]

Shock .... that was all I could feel when I read through Doctor Ein's papers and research on the black aura. 

This, Doctor Ein is someone crazy with how vast his knowledge of black aura is but unlike me who is trying to find a method to detect the black aura of legendary Pokémon, this Doctor Ein was looking into the manifestation of black aura in normal Pokémon.

Was that even possible?

That must be more of his research ... right.

What happened to Doctor Ein?

Who was Doctor Ein?

Why have I never heard of him?

.........

[ Recorded on July 17 ]

I need my booze .... Redburg is so fucking useless that he can't even provide me with more of Doctor Ein's research.

Months and months had been spared while my understanding of black aura has skyrocketed ever since reading those research papers. If only I had a little more then I could start theorizing how to build a device to detect black aura.

........

[ Recorded on July 18 ]

Every time, I needed something or wanted to know something. I could rely on the pokenet even though this was something that wasn't available to the public, only league officials and scientists could access it. 

Even with the small window of an audience, the pokenet was something that was always a great source of knowledge for me but when I search up Doctor Ein. 

Nothing comes up.

But how was such a brilliant man not known to the Pokémon league?

His research, calculations, and method of approach were too modern for Doctor Ein to be someone that existed before the establishment of the Pokémon league.

If even a picture of Doctor Ein didn't exist, did that mean he was someone beyond the jurisdiction of the Pokémon league .... how ?!

..........

[ Recorded on July 19 ]

These last few days ... I have been having these nightmares .... no, these visions of this remote island where I saw this unknown pink, mammalian Pokémon sleeping in a cave protecting two eggs.

I don't know why but I jolted up awake when that unknown Pokémon turned to face me as if it could see. 

I think I just had a dream about Mew.

I don't know why but I feel like this wasn't a dream.

........

[ Recorded on July 20 ]

I bought a plush Pikachu today. I wonder why we even have one of these down here but looking at it at least helped me keep my anxiety down.

........

[ Recorded on July 21 ]

I've been getting amazing results with my black aura project with Doctor Ein's research.

Not only do those papers confirm my long-running theory that legendary Pokémon have a different aura than normal Pokémon.

I actually managed to build a prototype design on a device to detect Legendary Pokémon. I hope Redburn will be pleased with the results… and even if he's not, I had a blast making it.

.........

[ Recorded on July 23 ]

While I was eating lunch in the dining area a man sat down opposite me. This is highly unusual because I've been eating alone since I got here.

"So, why does a girl like you sit alone?" He asked with what I assumed must have been a charming smile but honestly, it left me cold.

"Eating and looking over my notes, what do you want?" As I said, I came to the realization that I haven't had a conversion with another human for a longer time.

I shook my head, trying to get my gears to work. "Sorry, I don't talk to people, excuse my bad habits."

He smiled as he took a bite from his potato. "No problem. Your name is Lyndis right?"

I nodded. "Yours is?"

"Soren." He gave me a confident grin. " May I ask if you're the one who works on the legendary detection?"

"Yes, what of it?" I raised my eyebrows. I remember wondering if he was here to scrutinize my research. If he was then he could piss off. 

"Relax." Soren pushed his hands up in mock surrender. "I was just wondering if you could help me."

"Help?"

"With Project 96." He said.

"96? Isn't that Fate Cleaver?"

It was a bit messy to remember which was which, considering they all had cryptic names and numbers.

Soren shook his head. "No, that's 86, I am talking about Missingno ."

"Huh?"

"You don't know about her?" He frowned. "I thought everyone knows by now."

I frowned, knowing I was out of the loop. "What is to know ?"

"Nothing important," he shrugged, "The point is, I need help since Missingno is something of an anomaly if you will and I think it will pique your interest since Missingno was created when we replaced the bone marrow of an aerodactyl skeleton with artificial bone marrow created from the blood of Ho-oh and the blood of Eve."

" H, How ?"

" Oh, our team brought in a Ho-oh feather that was granted to some trainer from Johto by the Legendary Pokémon and the blood of the entity of Project Eve that is located down is Floor Zero. Do you want to see the result ?" 

Not gonna lie, I was tempted but seeing the result of Charmanders literally being burned alive due to a little gene editing to awaken a legendary's genes was enough to tell me whatever this missingno is, is going to result in something gruesome.

.......

[ Recorded on July 25 ]

I missed my two little buddies.

Funny since when did I consider a Pokémon mine? Am I truly going crazy down here? Have I forgotten my fears?

I just don't know anymore.

I can't deny it. I have felt attached to my little troublemakers and now I want to see them.

Will they forgive me?

........

[ Recorded on July 26 ]

Today is the day, I, visit my two little troublemakers.

I even have a proper excuse ready to get the two on my side.

Now, I just have to see them before I meet with Redburg, and by tomorrow evening I will have my two buddies by my side.

Wish me luck, my dear recorder.

..........

[ Omake Paragraph ]

The feathers which extend out from Hoothoot's eyes rotate around them completely in twenty-four-hour cycles. At sunrise on the equinox (although varying times throughout the year) the tufts will cross their eyes, signaling to them that it is time to fall asleep. Some determined insomniacs attempt to stay up later, finishing what they are doing with a restricted field of vision; others go back to sleep when they awake to find the bottom of their eyes blocked by clock feathers.

These tufts are of course called clock feathers, for it was them which inspired the clock. They are not identical to pure clocks; their two hands are always at the same angle and solely tell the hour. (Minute hands and twelve-hour clocks are of course the inventions of clockmakers, and have no counterparts on Hoothoot.) In fact, they are responsible for the very concept of the hour, for when standing, they switch legs every sixty minutes. Indeed, there have been many kings and presidents throughout history who did not trust in the accuracy of clocks and declared their own Hoothoot to be the official timekeeper for all government purposes.

Interestingly, despite its relative rarity in Sinnoh as compared to Johto, Hoothoot actually appears more frequently in the art and iconography of the region. There, they are depicted as Dialga's loyal companions, and even ordinary Hoothoot are said to reach Dialga's ears by speaking while standing on both legs. Given their reluctance to use both legs except in times of grave danger, perhaps there is something to this tale after all.

25