Rare Candy
449 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Read advance chapters (+ 70 ) of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/h3kDw7ma

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

[ Recorded on July 27 ]

As the recording on July 27 played, a silence was accompanied in the beginning before the sounds of a woman's sobbing began to play.

( ~ Sob ~ )

( ~ Sob ~ ) 

( ~ Sob ~ )

" Why does this keep happening to me ?! Why? Mew, Why do you keep taking away all those dear to me? First Mom, then dad, and now this !"

....

The recording ended as a shrill scream played out sending chills down the spine of anyone hearing it.

.....

[ Recorded on September 1 ]

( ~ Sigh ~ )

Hey, there recorder. Long time no hear, I guess; life has taken quite a sharp turn for your girl.

( ~ Sigh ~ )

I don't want to record.

.....

[ Recorded on September 5 ]

You know when I was a kid, I quickly wanted to grow up and be an adult because adults looked so free, they could do whatever they want but as I got older, I learned that this freedom is accompanied by a lot of responsibilities that sometimes we can't handle.

Personally, I was never that in love with Pokémon, I was actually afraid because when I was a little girl, I got chased around by a rabid Snubbull and my family's umbreon came to save me unfortunately she got infected by the rabid Pokémon and she had to be put down because she was suffering so much as her body battled against the virus. Ever since then, I always blamed myself and never got too close to Pokemon; thinking that they might die because of me.

Well, Little Lyn, you were right about something. The Pokemon that I am close to always dies just like my two buddies Gible and Charmander.

....

[ Recorded on September 7 ]

Evolution is such a weird phenomenon when it comes to Pokémon, rather than saying it's an evolution; a better term would be metamorphosis as Pokémon go from one form through another.

There are two morally correct ways to " evolve " your Pokémon. One is through rigorous training and battles as the body of a Pokémon becomes strong enough to withstand the changes to the physiology of the pokemon and the other was age.

But when looking at the morally incorrect methods, one could find so many different ways to evolve pokemon. There are even drugs available to evolve a baby that had just been born to its final evolutionary peak. I think the layman's term for these drugs is " Rare Candy " but these drugs have one small issue; if they are fed to Pokémon that are not ready to withstand the physiological changes to its body then the result was obvious.... death by aneurysms, hemorrhage and cardiac failure caused by the physical exhaustion brought by forceful evolution.

( ~ Sobs ~ )

What kind of monster would use such a thing on a baby?

......

[ Recorded on September 8 ]

Well, recorder we have a special guest today.

Sorren.

" Is this recording going to be confidential?"

Yes, Sorren.

" Good."

So, this is my friend sorren, he is a fellow scientist specializing in ...

" Pokémon obstetrics and gynecology."

In other words, a creep.

" Hmm."

What? Not going to refute me.

" No, It's just that you look better than you were before."

Yeah.

" I am sorry if my words reminded you of that."

No, it's nothing .... Sorren, can you please tell my talento the recorder, I just don't have the strength to.

" You know, if someone checked up on us, they would think we have gone insane."

Yeah, I am surprised we haven't.

" Ok, so recorder I guess. I am going to tell you the tale of a depressed and sleep-deprived woman, Lyn."

( ~ Silence ~ )

" No, clap, none. I even hyped you up."

Just tell the story.

" Ok, a month or so ago, Lyn went to see the Pokémon Gible and Charmander but due to the unwillingness of the current caretaker to go through Lyn's ideas, they were transferred to the breeding bay where they were given rare candies as the two were forcefully evolved into their final states. Charizard was given a special serum to activate his dragon genes as the two Pokémon were put up for breeding but the result was something unexpected, to say the least. Charizard died due to his forceful gene activation while Garchomp died giving birth but unlike a normal pokémon birth, Garchomp died before the egg could even be hatched which created a new kinda problem. The breeders were going to dispose of Garchomp but Lyn was quick enough to arrive at the breeding ground where she and I tried our best to save the baby who was born without an egg inside the body of Garchomp.

Cesarean delivery was our only hope of saving the child but the issues arose after. Isn't that right Lyn? ... Lyn, is something wrong? Hey! Lyn, oh Mew! you're having a panic attack. Here sit down !"

...

[ Recorded on September 9 ]

" Are you sure you want me to do this ?" 

Yes, Sorren.

" Fine, looks like we're meeting again, recorder and I have definitely gone insane talking to an inanimate object."

Just say it!

" Fine, no need to yell. Cesarean delivery was our only hope to save the child but there was a slight problem. The child was without an egg but it was alive somehow and we had to quickly think of a way to save Charmander or it would have died due to its lack of an egg for its development. Thankfully, I know someone who has been working on these artificial egg containers that replicate an egg's natural conditions. He aimed to use his " Exoeggs " to be able to change the genetic makeup of Pokémon but it was incomplete. Luckily the Exoeggs could house a baby Charmander easily and now it's a day " I lost count" of taking care of a Charmander inside an artificial Pokémon egg which is connected to an umbilical cord of Garchomp's corpse that is being kept "alive" via machinery.

Franklin said that this wouldn't work but maybe it was the love of a parent even in death that was keeping baby Charmander alive.

Yeah, I am sure those two would have been such good parents.

....

[ Recorded on September 10 ]

Redburn wants me to find out if the Exoeggs can change the genetic makeup of a Pokemon as intended he didn't seem to be interested in the other results I got.

Prick.

......

[ Recorded on September 11 ]

Today I asked Soren what Redburn's deal is. Wondering if maybe he heard any interesting rumors. According to him, he lost his daughter to a power outage caused by Zapdos. The bird caused an EMP while fighting Articuno.

It sounds like just a rumor to be but if it's the truth then it does explain his obsession with Legendary Pokémon and taking them down

.......

[ Recorded on September 12 ]

I did some digging. My last conversation regarding Soren made me think about Redburn. I left my old life behind to work for him but what do I really know about him?

I think I'll try looking into the logistics of God's facility.

........

[ Recorded on September 14 ]

I couldn't sleep this evening so I thought, 'why not record down what I found already in my recorder? It might even serve as evidence at some point. Okay, who am I kidding, I just need something that can help me put my mind at ease during the late hours.

Anyway, God's facility is not a private research facility. It is actually part of Team Rocket which I previously thought was just a shallow umbrella company. Turns out, it's not. I thought God's facility was the head of Rocket's operation but I think that was a lie.

We are not in control. I am not in control, the strings just changed.

Still, with the League, I knew at least what they wanted. Or I thought I did, I guess. Point is, I don't know who Redburn works for or what Team Rocket truly is.

What are the goals of Team Rocket?

And could this organization be the same Team Rocket that had served under the Orre region during the Great Kantonian Wars ?!

......

[ Omake Paragraph ]

Some pokemon, such as Snorlax and Abra, sleep away most of their days. Others, such as Sharpedo, sleep rarely, although artificial sleep can be induced. And then there is Noctowl, which can fly over a field of Breloom and Parasect without so much as closing its eyes, and take them all down with air slashes for good measure.

When effective spore traps were first discovered as a means of information warfare, Noctowl was pressed into service as messengers, because their bulky bodies and resistance to sleep allowed them to perform the task far better than carrier Pidgey. Similarly, when chemical agents were developed and spread sleep spores across the battlefield, it was Noctowl who battled in the air and roused their teammates from their slumber. Perhaps the world would have been better off having they not; the war would be so much less horrible was it simply a matter of seizing power and killing leaders while the enemy sleeps. And of course, in the year when a certain trainer decided to bring a Darkrai and Breloom to the Indigo Plateau, he was only defeated when a clever trainer included a Noctowl with U-turn in his team.

It has long been suspected that Noctowl has obtained superior control over their mind and have therefore evolved past the need for sleep. This is of course nonsense. Even with the superior focus of an upside-down head, their psychic powers are far too weak to do the impossible; even Alakazam and Metagross need to rest their brains sometimes.

Instead, whenever Noctowl flies past a sleeping pokemon, they steal its dreams, hypnotizing pokemon into sleep themselves when they get tired. By feasting on the dreams of others, they rejuvenate without sleep, a skill that they lost with their clock feathers the moment they evolved.

26