Rampage
482 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Read advance chapters (+ 70 ) of all my works or want to support me.

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/h3kDw7ma

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

[ POV Change ]

Lyndis walked through the sterile, white halls of the research facility, her lab coat rustling with each step. Her eyes were bleary, dark circles etched under them from the countless nights she had spent awake, pouring over data and conducting experiments. She was an insomniac, and the constant hum of the machines and the bright, artificial lights only seemed to exacerbate her condition.

As she approached the elevator, she saw another one of her co-workers standing there, fidgeting with a stack of papers. Lyndis clicked her tongue in irritation, her mind racing with the endless possibilities of the woman joining the elevator. She stayed silent, her eyes glued to the elevator doors as they slowly began to open.

The elevator was small and cramped, the walls lined with mirrors that gave the illusion of more space. The floor was a dull gray, and the buttons for the different floors lined up in a neat row. Lyndis stepped in, her co-worker following closely behind. The elevator doors closed with a soft, mechanical whir, the sound of the gears turning and locking into place.

Lyndis's co-worker tried to make small talk about her latest project, but Lyndis barely registered the words. Her mind was consumed with a growing sense of unease, her heart pounding in her chest. She could feel the other woman's gaze on her, and she knew that she needed to act quickly.

Without warning, Lyndis lunged forward, jamming her taser into the other woman's side. The woman let out a scream, her body spasming on the ground as the electricity coursed through her. Lyndis watched, her face contorted in a mixture of fear and hesitation, as the woman's body convulsed and then fell still.

The elevator stopped on the fourth floor, the doors opening with a soft ding. Lyndis stepped out, her heart pounding in her chest. She quickly scanned the hallway, making sure that no one was around before pulling out a strange, black USB. She inserted it into the USB port on the side of the elevator, her fingers shaking as she typed in a series of commands.

The elevator's TV flickered to life, displaying a series of strange symbols and codes. Lyndis watched for a moment, her heart racing, before turning and walking away. The elevator doors closed behind her, the sound of the gears turning and locking into place once again.

Lyndis walked down the hallway, her heart racing.

She was really doing this.

...

[ Redburg's Office ]

Redburg sat at his desk, surrounded by rows of bookshelves and filing cabinets. The room was large and imposing, with floor-to-ceiling windows that looked out over the sprawling research facility. The walls were adorned with various degrees and awards, showcasing Redburg's impressive accomplishments.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Redburg looked up, his brow furrowed in confusion. He got up from his desk and opened the door to find a group of men standing there, their faces serious and grim.

"Sir, we have a problem," one of the men said, his voice tight with tension. "The elevator system has stopped working. We can't figure out what's causing it."

Redburg's heart sank as he heard the words. He knew that this could be a major problem and that he needed to act quickly.

Redburg's fingers traced the contours of his desk, coming to rest upon a drawer. With a deft movement, he slid it open, revealing the drawer's hidden contents. A face mask of Redburg's face. Beside it, a radiotelegraph, its keys glistening in the dim light.

His gaze shifted to the real object of his interest—a solitary Pokéball, nestled among the artifacts. As his fingers closed around the spherical device.

"Come on," he said, making his way toward the elevator. "Let's go see what's going on."

The group made their way to the elevator, the sound of their footsteps echoing in the sterile, white halls. When they arrived, they found that the elevator was not working and that the doors were stuck open.

Redburg walked closer to the elevator, his eyes scanning the area for any signs of what could be causing the problem. He then opened the Pokeball and sent out Rotom, a ghost-electric type Pokémon. Rotom had a round body with a red and blue coloration, the blue part had a white "eye" on it, and it had a small tail which was also blue and white.

"Rotom, enter the elevator and destroy whatever is causing the elevator system failure," Redburg commanded.

Rotom obeyed, its body flickering as it passed through the elevator doors and into the machinery. Redburg and the men watched as the Pokémon's ghostly form seemed to move through the gears and wires, searching for the source of the problem.

After a few moments, Rotom emerged from the elevator, its body flickering its body creating a frequency to create a human voice. "I found it, sir," it said, its voice echoing in the elevator shaft. "There was a kill switch installed in the system. I destroyed it."

Redburg breathed a sigh of relief as he heard the words.

" Is there something else to report ?"

" There seems to be an unconscious researcher in one of the elevators." 

" Which one ?"

" Elevator 420 "

.....

Lyndis's pulse raced as she hurried through the dimly lit corridors toward Soren's laboratory, the shadows playing tricks on her peripheral vision. The eerie silence weighed heavily on her, pressing down like a smothering blanket. Her breath came in shallow gasps as she clutched the stolen vial, its contents a damning secret that could not be discovered. Time was of the essence, and she could feel the tendrils of fear wrap around her heart, threatening to squeeze the life from her if she failed to act.

A sudden chill cascaded down her spine, halting her in her tracks. The cold sensation spread through her body like tendrils of ice, gripping her limbs and forcing her to confront the heavy dread that had settled in her chest. In the darkness, her eyes were drawn to a door she had never noticed before. Etched in peeling paint on the decaying wood was a label that sent a fresh wave of terror through her: "Project Eve."

As she stared at the door, an insidious whisper slithered through the air, penetrating her ears and burrowing deep into her mind: "Kill me."

The words echoed in her skull, their sinister tone chilling her to the bone. She could feel the presence of something malevolent lurking just beyond the door, its malignant energy radiating through the decaying wood like a dark miasma. Her heart pounded violently, threatening to break free from her ribcage as she struggled to maintain her composure.

Ignoring Project Eve's voice, Lyndis quickly entered the password, her fingers shaking as she typed in the sequence of letters and numbers.

The door to the laboratory slid open, revealing a strange, otherworldly scene. The room was filled with strange, alien-looking machines, their surfaces covered in wires and circuits. In the center of the room was a large, cylindrical pod, it's surface shimmering with a strange, blue energy.

Lyndis knew that this was it. This was the moment that she had been waiting for. She quickly made her way to the pod, her heart pounding in her chest. She reached out and touched the surface, her fingers sinking into the soft, pliable material.

Suddenly, the pod began to lower, its surface opening up to reveal a strange, alien creature inside that looked like an Aerodactyl skeleton but it was changing shape in such an uncontrolled manner that it seemed like it was glitching from reality itself. Missingno's body was writhing and twisting in the pod.

As the pod lowered, cryogenic gas began to be released, filling the room with a thick, white fog. Lyndis could feel her eyes starting to water, her throat closing up as she struggled to breathe. She knew that she had to get out of there, that she had to release as many of these entities as she could before it was too late.

She turned and ran, her lab coat flapping behind her as she sprinted through the laboratory. She could hear the alarms beginning to erupt, the sound of panicked voices and rushing footsteps filling the air. She knew that she had to get out of there, that she had to release as many of these entities as she could before it was too late.

Lyndis ran through the halls, her heart pounding in her chest. She could feel the panic rising inside of her, her mind racing with the possibilities of what could happen next. She knew that she had to get out of there, that she had to release as many of these hybrid Pokemon entities as she could before it was too late but she paused at Project Eve's door.

" Kill me." A begging voice called out to her as Lyndis gulped feeling the hairs on the hair stand as she realized that Project Eve's door was locked by a visual, audio, and fingerprint inscription.

Whoever wanted Project Eve to stay in its cell had made sure that it wouldn't get out.

.....

Redburg stood in the hallway, his mind racing as the alarms blared in his ears. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest, his mind consumed with thoughts of what could be happening. Suddenly, he found himself face to face with the head of security, a look of panic etched on his face.

"Sir, we have a major problem," the man said, his voice tight with tension. "The entity known as Missingno is going on a rampage in the facility. It killed multiple officers that were trying to contain it."

Redburg felt his heart drop as he heard the words. He knew that this was a major problem and that he needed to act quickly. He could see the fear in the eyes of the security chief, and he knew that he needed to take control of the situation.

"I need you to call in every available officer and get them to the facility," Redburg said, his voice calm and steady. "We need to contain this thing before it does any more damage."

The security chief nodded, his face pale as he turned and ran down the hall. Redburg knew that he had to act quickly, that he needed to find out what was going on and stop this thing before it was too late.

As he made his way through the facility, Redburg's mind raced with thoughts of what could be happening. He knew that he needed to find out what was causing this thing to go on a rampage, and he knew that he needed to stop it before it did any more damage.

Suddenly, he heard a shout from one of the unconscious women, her voice weak and barely audible. "Lyndis," she said, her voice barely a whisper. "She tased me "

And then... it clicked for Redburg. He knew that Lyndis was behind this, that she had somehow released this thing and caused it to go on a rampage.

"Go towards Project X," he shouted, his voice filled with a sense of urgency and determination. "We need to find Lyndis and stop her before it's too late."

Redburg led the way, his heart pounding in his chest as he made his way through the facility. He could hear the sounds of the alarms blaring in his ears, the sound of panicked voices and rushing footsteps filling the air. He knew that he had to act quickly, that he had to find Lyndis and stop her before it was too late.

As he made his way through the facility, he could see the fear in the eyes of the other researchers as they scrambled to get out of the way, their faces pale and panicked as they tried to figure out what was happening. Redburg knew that he had to act quickly, that he had to stop Lyndis before it was too late. He could feel the weight of responsibility on his shoulders, and he knew that he had to do whatever it takes to save the facility and the people inside.

Redburg entered the Project X lab, his heart pounding in his chest. He knew that this was it, this was where Lyndis had gone to. He looked around the room and saw that it was empty and destroyed, flames licking at the walls and smoke filling the air. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest, his mind consumed with thoughts of what could have happened.

As he looked around the room, he noticed something strange. There was a strange, baby Charmander lying on the ground, its body writhing and twisting in the flames. 

It then hit Redburg, the baby that Lyndis and Soren had been working on before. He realized that this must have been the reason for Lyndis's actions, that she didn't want the baby to be used as a weapon.

Redburg thought about how Lyndis could have escaped the facility. The elevators were not working and guarded, so it must have been something else. Then it hit him, they had a weekly garbage disposal and that was today. He quickly used an earpiece to tell his subordinates to go to area 970 and capture everyone there. Before he could give a command to shut down the automatic garbage disposal unit, a bullet shot through the air. Redburg's heart skipped a beat as he saw the bullet coming straight toward him. But before it could hit him, it was deflected by Rotom.

Redburg breathed a sigh of relief as he looked up and saw Rotom, its body flickering with energy. But as he looked back at the bullet, he realized that it had punctured a hole through his ear. 

As the pain hit Redburg, he screamed out in pain, his hand going to his ear as he felt the warm blood trickling down his neck. He looked up and saw Lyndis staring back at him with a glare. 

" It's over !"

........

[ Omake Paragraph ]

Observers of wild Spinarak had long known of the changing expressions on their backs, which appeared to have no relation to food or comfort or anything else which produced emotions. This is in sharp contrast to their trained counterparts, whose back emotes are like the faces of humans and indeed many pokemon. At the time, the observers had concluded that trained Spinarak learned to mimic humans, and considered them quick learners, yet a good deal of evidence suggested that the speed at which they learned was not merely fast, but instantaneous! Furthermore, web fibers were often found a long way away from any Spinarak, yet always seemed to lead to one – but what purpose could such an enormous web have?

It was only a few decades ago that the mystery was unraveled. Much like the great networks of our modern age, Spinarak is connected by wires of silk. Interlocking webs move throughout most of the forests which these pokemon inhabit, under the ground, inside trees, and anywhere else the durable but thin strands would not be easily disturbed. Alas, there is no "World Wide Web" for them, for the material they use is still too often broken; they are lucky to connect one forest to another.

The Spinarak do not use these webs to catch prey, but to communicate, sending signal beams across the wires to converse. At first, the network was strictly used for practical information, such as the locations of food, predators, pokemon trainers, and upcoming gatherings. But in time, work gave way to leisure, and the network is now used for everything from love confessions and gossip to local wonders and oral storytelling. The Spinarak of old were bored in their webs, but today few of them ever want to leave.

29