3 Bowls Of Rice
208 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All the players were shocked to hear this news. Some of them didn't take this news well as they started tearing up.

Some people might think this is an overreaction, but I think this is reasonable because when the players heard that there were 4 spots open this year, they became hopeful of getting on the 1st string.

Some players had more determination to get the leftover spots and didn't dwell on this matter much.

Some players were pissed that the spot went to a player they never heard of before.

Rei laughed awkwardly looking at the crowd who didn't seem happy to hear this news.

"How do we know if he has the skills to be on the 1st string? I don't know about you guys, but I think something is fishy. How can the coach suddenly give away the spot without even informing us of this news before?", said one of the players in the crowd. He looked around and saw some people agree with him.

That caused some other players to ask for the same thing.

Takashima sighed frustratingly seeing this happen. She knew how people were going to react when Kataoka brought out a random player who has no record and gave him the spot.

Looking at the reaction of the players, Kataoka went silent in thought.

Rei was just there waiting for Kataoka to say something because he doesn't care if he isn't in Seido or if the other players don't like him. If he isn't accepted by the team here. They will come to regret it because he will join another team, maybe inashiro. He smirked just thinking about this.

This put Kataoka on the spot, he had to come up with a decision that favored all of them. He didn't want to let go of Rei because he knew how much potential Rei had and he didn't want to give it to another team.

Previously some weeks ago Takashima had mentioned to him about adding some 1st years to the lineup which he didn't agree to before but after accepting Rei he decided on something. He thought this would be for the best of the team.

"How about this, we will be holding the 1st year vs. upperclassmen intrasquad game. If you guys show me your skills during this intrasquad game, it doesn't matter if you are a 1st year or a 3rd year. You will be given a chance to show your skills to qualify for the 1st string. The Intrasquad game will be held in 2 weeks from now.", said Kataoka.

This news shocked all the players, fire rose in their hearts, and they gained more determination.

"Things keep getting interesting…", said Miyuki playfully.

"Hahahaha…. I won't lose", said Sawamura excitedly, he had gained even more determination than before.

Takashima smiled as she was glad Kataoka took her suggestion.

"NOW GO BACK TO PRACTICE", yelled Kataoka.

Miyuki, Kuramochi, Sawamura, and Masuko sneakily went along with the other players to practice.

"Where are you going? Get your asses back to running", said Kataoka Menacingly.

"HAIII", yelled all 4 of them and went back to running.

Rei laughed at their misery.

"You go with Takashima to the office. She must take your measurements for the Seido official uniform", said Kataoka.

Rei nodded and walked toward Takashima.

They both greeted each other and went toward the office.

After Rei came back from the office, he was told by Takashima that it was breakfast time, so he had to go to the cafeteria.

Rei approached the cafeteria and saw a big sign on top of the entrance.

"You must eat at least 3 bowls of rice per meal", said the sign.

Seeing the sign made a fire lit in Rei's eyes with determination.

"I'll take this challenge", said Rei smirking.

He marched into the cafeteria and went to the lunch ladies to get a meal to eat.

While Rei was getting food from the lunch ladies, they looked at him with twinkles in their eyes.

"Why are you all staring at my face", said Rei politely because he was feeling awkward from the piercing gazes on him.

"Oh my…it's nothing it's just that you are so good-looking," said one of the lunch ladies blushing.

"If I was young, I would have wanted to date you", said one of the lunch ladies with a twinkle in her eyes.

"Since you are young and healthy, I'll give you more rice and some good sides to go along with it", said one of the lunch ladies with admiration.

Rei laughed along with them feeling awkward. He wasn't used to being commented about his good looks a lot. In his previous life, he was average-looking and not something that would make every single person he met comment about.

After getting his food he found an empty lunch table and sat over there.

"It's been a while since someone has ignited my competitive side", thought Rei as he ate his 1st bowl of rice.

Kanemaru entered the cafeteria and got his food.

He was going to walk toward Toujou and eat with him together until he saw Rei eating alone.

He looked at Toujou and saw him talking to other people at his table.

He clicked his tongue and walked toward Rei.

Rei was confused seeing Kanemaru coming to sit with him.

Seeing the expression on Rei's face Kanemaru said, "What, can't I sit here".

Rei nodded and continued eating his 1st bowl of rice.

"Don't be so arrogant since you haven't gotten in the 1st string yet", said Kanemaru.

"Oh, really, well let's see because I know the 1st years won't be able to win the intrasquad game but maybe you will have a chance if I play", said Rei smirking.

Hearing Rei's answer Kanemaru was pissed. "You're just another player who doesn't take this team seriously, do you have any idea how many things at stake everyone in this team has?", said Kanemaru.

"No but I don't want to know, and I don't care", said Rei finishing his 1st bowl of rice. He could barely hold his barf in after eating so much.

Seeing Rei almost gag Kanemaru said," don't you dare barf in here".

Rei threw up on Kanemaru.

Wiping the vomit off his mouth Rei said, "Well, I'll see you later".

He dashed out of the cafeteria and went to the bathroom to clean up.

Kanemaru had turned to stone after being barfed at.

Coming to his senses he yelled, "REIIIIII, don't let me catch you".

He looked around the cafeteria and saw another stupid person who had barfed near Miyuki Senpai.

Miyuki and Kanemaru had eye contact and nodded at each other. Currently, they were barf mates which gave them a sense of bond.

Kanemaru cleaned up thinking that he was going to kill Rei in the dorm at night today.

On the ground, players were having their afternoon practice after eating a ridiculous amount of rice.

Rei was running but stopped in between because his stomach hurt from eating so much rice.

He was disappointed that he couldn't finish eating 3 bowls of rice.

In the cafeteria, he saw his seniors eating 4-5 bowls of rice.  He didn't know how they did it.

Sighing he ran again; he was trying to raise his speed/stamina because he didn't want to burn out during a game.

"1st years, we'll have your group into your preferred positions to see how you fare! Change into your spikes and meet me at field B", said one of the coaches.

Rei was about to go to field B, but he stopped looking at the coach and Sawamura arguing.

This is when the coach stopped Sawamura from being a pitcher.

Rei watched the show in amusement.

After the show had ended Rei turned to walk toward field B but he was stopped by the coach.

"You don't have to go since I have already decided on your position. Just continue practicing", said Kataoka.

Rei nodded and continued practicing.

At night exhausted Rei went to his dorm room.

"AHHH…", yelled Rei as he opened the door, he found Kanemaru standing there waiting for him.

Rei turned his back toward Kanemaru and prepared to run.

"I won't let you go…take this", said Kanemaru grabbing the barf shirt and putting it on Rei's face.

Rei screamed and threw the shirt to the ground.

Kanemaru laughed seeing Rei's face that had barf on It now.

Hearing the commotion Chris came outside and grabbed both of them.

"Stop it and come inside, it's time to sleep", said Chris while dragging them both inside.

3