Seido High Vs. Akikawa High 2
186 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The match continued with Furuya pitching.

 

Akikawa planned to bunt to tire Furuya out and completely crush him by making him throw more.

 

In the dugout.

 

“If Furuya allows a runner this inning, I’m switching him out. I assume Ichidai is watching from the bleachers. We can’t afford to show his weakness any more than we already have”, said Kataoka.

 

Hearing Coach’s comment about switching Furuya out, Rei wholeheartedly agreed because currently, Furuya was going to make their chances of winning this game low if he continued pitching plus, he knew if Furuya wasn’t going to pitch, he was the only choice left. He thought this because he was the best.

 

“It’s Kawakami or Rei, right? We don’t have anyone else for this situation”, said Director Oota.

 

“No not those 2”, said Kataoka.

 

Rei turned gloomy after hearing that he wasn’t going to pitch.

 

“We are not using Kawakami because if we do, we’ll fall right into their trap and we can’t use Rei today because I’m planning on making him start in the upcoming matches and for that I need him to rest”, explained Kataoka seeing Rei’s expression in the corner of his eyes.

 

Hearing that he was going to be a starting pitcher in the upcoming matches Rei’s gloomy atmosphere immediately changed to a happy one.

 

“What a fast change of mood”, commented Haruichi.

 

“D-Don’t tell me…Sawamura”, said Director Oota surprised.  

 

“Yes. I’m sending Sawamura out. Kominato go tell Sawamura”, said Katoka.

 

“Y-yes, sir”, said Haruichi and ran toward Sawamura to tell him.

 

“Me, really?”, said Sawamura surprised after hearing the news from Haruichi.

 

“Once he allows a runner”, said Haruichi.

 

“ALL RIGHT! LET’S GO!”, said Sawamura stomping towards the dugout.

 

“Time out, please. Miyuki, pitcher change”, said Kataoka shocking everyone.

 

“Isn't it early they are already switching him out”

 

“It’s just the 4th inning”

 

Discussed the audience.

 

“Yeah!”

 

“We took that fastball pitcher down!”

 

“Who’s up next?”

 

Said the players in Akikawa’s dugout cheerfully.

 

“Seidou High School has called for a change in players. Replacing Number 13, Furuya is Sawamura, Pitcher”, announced the announcer.

 

The audience was shocked that Sawamura came to the mound since they were expecting Rei or Kawakami.

 

In the Akikawa Dugout.

 

“After this player change, I’m sure that their ace and Number 11 won’t be pitching this game”, said Shun.

 

“Thank God Rei isn’t pitching because if he was our chances of winning this game would be 0%. Never seen that dude mess up on the mound or crumble under pressure. That is why he is the biggest threat”, Shun shivered just thinking about this.

 

In Seido Dugout.

 

Rei felt a glare from somewhere. He looked around and saw Shun in the dugout across from him glaring at him. He grinned and waved at Shun.

 

Seeing Rei wave at him Shun was startled and he looked away.

 

Rei chuckled seeing his reaction.

 

The Akikawa bench was energetic and thought they had this game in the bag because they were underestimating Sawamura.

 

As Rei was thinking of how awesome Sawamura can pitch, he was excited that he would get to see him pitch in real life. He knows Sawamura is a pitch-to-contact type pitcher so he kind of knew what kind of pitching to expect.

 

Seeing Sawamura mess up on his first pitch Rei was shocked. “I forgot how much of an idiot he is. Good Luck, Miyuki Senpai”, thought Rei sighing.

 

After a while, Sawamura was back to pitching normally because of Miyuki’s calling.

 

In the dugout, Rei smiled seeing Sawamura back on track with his pitching. “What unbelievable guts”, thought Rei as he saw Sawamura coming back to the dugout after getting 3 outs. If he didn’t have the cold heart skill, he wouldn’t have lasted under pressure that’s why Rei couldn’t believe how Sawamura could still pitch well.

 

“YES! YES! YES!”, said Sawamura coming back to the dugout.

 

“Shut up!”, said Kuramochi.

 

In the bottom of the fourth, Seidou High School’s batting order starts with their three-hole batter and First Baseman, Yuki”, announced the announcer.

 

“YUUUKIII SAN”

 

“YOU’RE SUPER RELIABLE”

 

“OUR CAPTAIN”

 

Cheered the audience as they were excited since Yuki was batting.

 

Taking his stance Yuki was really focused on the pitcher.

 

 Sensing the aura Yuuki was oozing out Shun got focused and prepared to pitch. The catcher called for an inside forkball.

 

Yuuki decided that he would hit the first pitch.

 

Shun pitched and as the ball came near Yuki, he knew his position was going to be off and he wouldn’t be able to hit it. So, he extended his arm more and hit the ball lightly.

 

The ball was hit near the first base and as soon as Yuki hit the ball he started running.

 

“FOUL!”, yelled the umpire.

 

Yuki stopped as soon as he heard the umpire and looked at the ball. He saw that the ball was over the white line. He went back to the batter's box and blasted his aura trying to focus.

 

Shun sighed and prepared to pitch a cutter to the outside corner.

 

Yuki’s instinct was to think that Shun was going to throw a breaking ball, so he prepared for it. He saw a ball coming toward him which broke to the left near the home plate.

 

Yuki still hit the ball making it go past the 3rd base since he had expected a breaking ball.

 

Yuuki ran as soon as he hit the ball. He successfully made it on the 2nd base.

 

Akikawa fielders ran and threw the ball to the 2nd baseman fortunately it was after Yuuki made it on base.

 

“SAFE!”, yelled the umpire.

 

“CAP!”, yelled Sawamura.

 

“TETSU-SAN”, cheered Jun and Masuko together.

 

“Batting fourth, Catcher, Miyuki”, announced the announcer.

 

“MIYUKI KAZUYA!”, yelled Sawamura.

 

“Calm down Eijun-kun”, said Haruichi.

 

Rei was itching to bat just looking at the field. He was shaking his foot in excitement.

 

“Are you okay? Rei-kun”, asked Haruichi.

 

“I’m fine just can’t wait to go to the batter’s box and hit”, said Rei grinning.

 

“What if you don’t hit”, said Sawamura.

 

“I will hit”, said Rei glaring at Sawamura.

 

“Well let’s see”, said Sawamura sulking.

 

Shun got nervous seeing Miyuki come up to the field. Sekiguchi the catcher was thinking of walking him because they barely just dealt with Yuki.

 

Thinking of how dangerous the batters of Seido can be. Shun decided to walk Miyuki.

 

“Ball Four!”, said the umpire.

 

“Not a bad decision”, commented Miyuki as he walked to the 1st base.

 

“Batting 5th, 3rd baseman, Masuko”, announced the announcer.

 

Shun was getting exhausted suddenly facing the hardcore lineup of Seido.

 

Masuko came up to bat and Shun threw an in-course pitch.

 

Masuko hit a bunt catching Shun off guard.

 

Miyuki made it to the 2nd base and Yuki made it to the 3rd base.

 

“Can’t believe a 5-hole bunted!”

 

“They are playing it safe”

 

Discussed the audience.

 

“Batting 6th, center fielder, Isashiki”, announced the announcer.

 

“ISASHIKI!”

 

“SPITZ!”

 

Cheered the audience.

 

Shun pitched a high and inside fastball.

 

“ORAH!”, exclaimed Isahiki hitting the ball toward the right field line.

 

Isashiki planned to get a double and ran to the 2nd base straight. Miyuki and Yuki made it to the home plate and got 2 runs.

 

“Ohh so this is Seido’s offense’s power”.

 

“Cool Right!”.

 

Discussed the audience.

 

Shun was fired up when he saw that Seido was changing its pace. “This is the type of baseball I came to play in Japan”, he thought.

 

“Yes!”

 

“MIYUKI!”

 

“YUUKI”

 

Cheered the players in Seido’s dugout.

 

[Score

 

Seido: 0-0-1-2

 

Akikawa: 1-0-0-1]

 

Sawamura continued pitching and kept jamming the batters because of his form.

 

“Sawamura is having all the fun. I’m bored”, said Rei in the dugout.

 

“Can’t I go pitch?”, said Rei sulking.

 

Kataoka glared at Rei and Rei shut his mouth.

 

Seeing this Furuya and Haruichi chuckled.

 

Rei got pissed hearing the chuckles.

 

“Damn it! I missed by a hair!”, said Sawamura as he got struck out by Shun.

 

Sawamura stomped off the batter’s box thinking that he could have hit a pitch.

 

“REI!! We have been waiting for you!”.

 

“HIT A HOME RUNN! Like last time”.

 

Cheered the audience seeing Rei come to the batter’s box.

 

“HELLO!”, said Rei to Shun and Sekiguchi.

 

They both groaned they hated seeing Rei come up to bat.

 

Shun pitched a curve to the inside corner as the catcher signaled him.

 

Rei saw the curve coming and hit the first pitch making it go over the fence.

 

“Don’t use the same pitch with me”, said Rei as he walked off to touch all the bases.

 

“As expected, Rei didn’t let us down”.

 

“He’s the Home run Master”

 

“Home Run Master, we should call him that from now”

 

Discussed the audience.

 

“You brat, you never fail to hit a home run”, said Miyuki as he came back to the dugout.

 

Rei walked to the bench and lay down on his bench which was left empty, especially for him.

 

[Score

 

Seido: 0-0-1-2-1

 

Akikawa: 1-0-0-1-0]

 

Since Ichidai High was observing the match in the audience. Strategically Kataoka sent the Ace to put pressure on Akikawa High since everyone knew about Tanba’s condition and never expected them to send the Ace.

 

Sawamura using his contact pitching got 3 outs for the 6th inning.

 

Shun struck out Seido’s batters as well and the score remained 0 for the 6th inning.

 

In the 7th inning, Haruichi pinch hitter was put in instead of Shirasu.

 

Haruichi hit the first pitch to the left field!

 

“Nice batting”, commented Rei in the dugout.

 

“I’m coming right after you, Harucchi!”, said Sawamura.

 

The coach signaled Sawamura to hit a bunt. Unwillingly he hit it.

 

Rei was laughing with tears in his eyes when he saw Coach give Sawamura the signal.

 

“Welcome back, bunt master”, said Rei seeing Sawamura come back to the dugout.

 

“Hmph…”, said Sawamura offended.

 

Rei came out to bat again and said, “Won’t you welcome me back”.

 

Shun and Sekiguchi signaled each other and agreed to walk him since they didn’t want to deal with him AT ALL.

 

“BALL FOUR!”, said the umpire.

 

“Tsk…What a letdown”, said Rei jogging to the first base.

 

Kuramochi came to bat next and hit the ball successfully making Rei go to 2nd base.

 

Ryosuke came to bat next, and he pulled a squeeze play scoring 3 runs with Rei, Kuramochi, and himself.

 

“WOW! 3 Runs!”

 

“That was an awesome squeeze play”

 

Cheered the audience.

 

Ichidai High outside the field.

 

“So Seido managed to get the next run. Akikawa’s clockwork put up a good fight, but it’s the end now”, said Ichidai High’s Coach.

 

Back in the field.

 

Kawakami pitched the last 2 innings and got no runs.

 

[Score

 

Seido: 0-0-1-2-1-3-0-0-0

 

Akikawa: 1-0-0-1-0-0-0-0]

 

“GAME SET!”, said the umpire as Kawakami got the last out.

 

Shun and the rest of the Akikawa players were crying as their hard work didn’t pay off this tournament.

 

“Seido, 7 to 2. Bow”, said the umpire.

 

Both teams lined up and bowed to each other saying, “Thank you!”.

 

“Seidou!”

 

“Rei!”

 

“Tetsu!”

 

“Kataoka!”

 

“Let’s go to Nationals this year!”

 

Cheered the audience.

 

“Yo, you pitched good today Sawamura”, said Rei approaching Sawamura.

 

Everyone on the team was surprised to see Rei give a compliment to Sawamura.

 

“Even though I would have pitched better and not even allowed any runs. You still did OK”, said Rei emphasizing the ‘OK’.

 

Everyone's hopes shattered seeing Rei mock Sawamura.

 

“Today I will beat you come let’s fight NOW!”, said Sawamura provoked.

 

“Not now, Eijun-kun”, said Harucchi holding him back.

 

“OOOOO”, said Furuya intrigued at their interaction.

 

Seeing Furuya’s expression Rei and Sawamura both got pissed and the trio started bickering.

 

Seido Vs. Akikawa, 7-2.

 

Seido High School advances to the quarter-final.

4