Seido High Vs. Yakushi High 2
184 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We are off to a good start”, thought Miyuki.

 

The 2nd batsman, Akiba came to the batter’s box.

 

“They’re not aiming for the 1st pitches anymore. Seems like they changed their strategy”, thought Miyuki analyzing the batter’s posture.

 

Miyuki signaled for a low fastball to the inside corner.

Rei nodded and Rei winded up his glove, took his pitching position, swung back his arm with force, and released the ball aiming toward the mitt.

The ball went 150 KM hitting the mitt.

“STRIKE!”, yelled the umpire.

Akiba trembled scared seeing such a fast ball come toward him. “This is different from the practice”, he thought. Since they had practiced with pitching machines at a high level to practice against Seido’s pitchers, this felt different to him.

In Yakushi’s Dugout.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING? AKIBA! SWING!”, yelled Raizou.

“Yeah!”

“Just like coach said”.

Yelled the other players.

Back in the field.

“Like you guys know anything. It’s different from the batter’s box”, thought Akiba scared.

“He’s scared”, thought Miyuki chuckling.

“Now what is that weirdo thinking”, thought Rei shaking his head, seeing Miyuki chuckling to himself.

Miyuki positioned his mitt and signaled Rei for a high fastball to the outside.

Rei nodded and Rei winded up his glove, took his pitching position, swung back his arm with force, and released the ball aiming toward the mitt.

Akiba saw the ball coming toward him fast and looking at the ball he felt as if it would hit his head if it came closer. He moved out the way not willing to take a hit.

The ball hit the mitt and the umpire yelled, “STRIKE!”.

Miyuki chuckled by himself seeing Akiba move out the way scared.

In Yakushi’s Dugout.

“I’ll kill that catcher”

“What does he think he’s doing asking for a pitch so close to Akiba’s head”

“That catcher Is messing with us”

Discussed the players amongst themselves frustrated.

In Seido’s Dugout.

“What reckless catching”, said Chris awkwardly.

“What a troublesome brat”, said Takashima.

“CAP! Don’t make us lose”, yelled Sawamura.

Back in the field.

“Hahaha…”, said Miyuki awkwardly hearing the commotion from the dugout.

Miyuki signaled Rei for a cutter to the inside while positioning his mitt for it.

Rei nodded and winded up his glove, took his pitching position, swung back his arm with force, and released the ball aiming toward the mitt.

Akiba swung on the pitch and missed it.

The ball went 150 KM hitting the mitt.

“STRIKE!”, said the umpire.

“Damn it! I’ll hit it next time”, said Akiba frustratingly walking back to the dugout.

Mishima the 3rd batsman came to the batter’s box.

“Doesn’t seem like he’s going to swing but didn’t their coach change their strategy why couldn’t I figure it out”, thought Miyuki.

“Haa…”, sighed Miyuki thinking of the strategies Yakushi could use.

Miyuki signaled Rei for a 2 seamer to the inside while positioning his mitt.

“Is he serious right now? maybe he’s on to something”, thought Rei as he prepared to pitch.

Rei winded up his glove, took his pitching position, swung back his arm with force, and released the ball aiming toward the mitt.

Mishima saw the ball coming and changed his stance to a bunt. He hit it and ran.

“BUNT!”, yelled Kuramochi as soon as he saw the ball hit. He and Ryousuke hurriedly moved up to grab the ball.

Ryosuke grabbed It and threw it to the 2nd base.

Unfortunately, Mishima was already there.

“SAFE”, said the umpire.

“AAAA…Rei-sama gave up a hit”.

“HE GOT A HIT!”

“Yeah, I feel you man I am shocked as you are”.

Discussed the audience.

Back in the field.

“Somehow I feel something dangerous”, thought Miyuki. He turned and looked at Rei who was blasting his red aura to the max.

“Oh”, thought Miyuki realizing that it was Rei’s first hit.

“Don’t mind”, said Ryosuke.

“YAAHAA…I got you”, said Kuramochi.

“What’s there to worry about since there’s only one person on the 2nd base? Just leave it up to us Rei-chan”, said Masuko using all his wisdom for this statement.

“OOO…Masuko-san, I’m touched”, said Kuramochi teasingly.

#17 came to the batter’s box next.

“Raichi get a run”.

“Hit it”.

Yelled the players in Yakushi’s dugout.

“Seems like a hard hitter”, thought Miyuki analyzing #17.

Miyuki signaled for a 2 seamer to the inside corner while positioning his mitt.

Rei grinned and thought, “Now this is the kind of calling I like”.

Rei winded up his glove, took his pitching position, swung back his arm with force, and released the ball aiming toward the mitt.

#17 saw the ball coming and made contact with the ball but he was jammed so the ball was a fly to the 1st baseman.

“Tetsu-san”, said Masuko.

Tetsu nodded proudly.

Rei turned around and gave Tetsu a big thumbs up in appreciation.

“Is that it?”, said Kuramochi.

“Tetsu senpai saved your life be more grateful”, scolded Kuramochi as they came back to the dugout.

The top of the first inning ended with Yakushi not getting a run.

Yakushi’s #10 was pitching.

Kuramochi hit the ball and made it to the first base with his speed.

Ryosuke bunted and made it to the base. While Kuramochi stole a base and currently was on the 3rd base.

Yuki hit the ball to the left field fence almost making it go over.

“Damn”

“It was almost a home run”

“Don’t mind Tetsu-san”.

Said the audience.

Tetsu nodded hearing the concern of the people.

With the hit, Kuramochi and Ryosuke made it to the home plate. Yuuki made it to the 2nd base.

In Yakushi’s Dugout.

Raizou was pissed that they got no runs so far and Seido already scored 2. Which showed the difference between their lineups.

“Looks like you might have to play sooner than we planned, Sanada”, said Raizou.

Sanada nodded and said, “They do have a dangerous Lineup, if we don’t do anything we might lose”.

Back in the field.

“MIYUKI!”

“HIT A HOME RUN!”

Cheered the audience seeing Miyuki come to the batter’s box.

After a few seconds, Miyuki hit the ball feeling hyped, but it was caught by the catcher.

“Oops”, said Miyuki coming back to the dugout.

[Score:

Yakushi: 1

Seido: 2]

Rei prepared to pitch for the 2nd inning.

Analyzing the batter Miyuki thought, “Is he making all the batters hit whatever pitch they think is easy? If it’s like that then I have to pay attention and look at the type of batters, they are first”.

Miyuki called for a low 2 seamer to the inside while positioning his mitt for it.

The batter made contact with it, and it went straight to Rei’s glove.

“OUT!”, said the umpire as Rei caught the ball.

In Seido’s dugout.

Sawamura was shocked at Rei’s catch. “I’ll have to hand it to you on that one. Nice Catch!”, he said while clapping.

“Strike!”, said the umpire as Rei struck out the next batter.

In Yakushi’s Dugout.

“Man, they’re owning us…”, said Raizou.

“Not to mention, he’s a 1st year”, said Sanada.

“Looks like I’ll have to break his spirit”, thought Raizou coming up with a new strategy.

4