The Start of School
892 1 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dealing with all the kids at once was... Annoying, it had come out quite earlier that he was Harry Potter since it was announced in the starting ceremony. Turns out he's a lot more famous than he needs to be, 'The boy who lived.'

Along with all the kids, came a new threat. Someone was attempting to enter his mind with all be it worse skills than a novice of the art.

Able to draw many memories of this life's past, the abuse, the torture. Bringing everything to the front of his mind, and due to it he had already gained the knowledge of which person kept trying to read his memories, it was the stuttering professor of Quirrel, the Defense against the Dark arts teacher.

The slight grin of satisfaction with each skim across his mind made it clear the teacher was taking some sort of pleasure from watching all the abuse, most likely since it also meant that 'Harry thought about it so much, it was the few memories he could recall clearly.'

He hadn't said anything to anyone yet, Minerva was incredibly busy with the new students, especially the ones who thought her a fool and tried to play her.

Harry had ended into the house of Ravenclaw, which wasn't surprising due to the kind of person he was, and the things he's done to research in the past.

Harry liked the Ravenclaws, they were quiet, and minded their business, only really responding to you if a question was asked.

Sitting in the library he was currently going through a rather thick book, the 'Basics' of transfiguration, despite it being one of the largest books they had to get for their first year.

It told a lot about the dangers and safe practice of the heart must be paramount, no wonder Minerva preferred this book. A brick to read through, but it still gives a lot of information about the art.

Closing the book as he finished the chapter he was working on, he put it into his bag and stood up, as he pushed the chair into the table he felt something shift in the air, a slow drawl towards him.

Hogwarts was calling again, backstepping while making sure no one was watching him, she turned around a bookcase, following all the way down it as a tile vanished from beneath him and he fell only eight feet down.

Once he landed he continued to head down the shortcut to the Hearth Crystal, once he entered the beautiful room of many magics, he placed his hand onto the crystal, letting it connect directly to him as it began to play what looked to be a vision of someone walking down a hall, into a bathroom.

Speaking in Parseltongue then let the many fountains open before throwing what looked to be a large cow into the hole, letting it close once more.

The vision broke off once more before it shifted to showing Quirrel, slowly unwrapping his turban to show a face beneath, one gnarled and ugly with dark magic.

Seeing it Harry frowned a bit, through the school he could sense the dark magic now that the cloth was off, whatever it was had magic suppressing qualities.

The vision then blurred, showing the old Headmaster sitting at his desk. The school seems to beckon him towards the old man.

''So... You want me to throw food down the hole... Then tell the Headmaster about Quirrel?''

The crystal released a slow hum, getting a confirmation from it.

''If I set Elves to deliver the meat, can you open the passage without needing to speak parseltongue?''

Another, more excited hum. ''I'll get to it then... For now, we'll speak to the Headmaster.''

Harry stroked the crystal slightly before he pulled away and began to travel, letting the many paths lead him directly to the outside of the Gargoyle.

''Harry Potter to meet the Headmaster.''

The gargoyle stared down at him for a few moments before it stepped to the side, letting him walk past.

Walking up the stairs and to the office door, he knocked.

''...Come in.''

The door opened as Harry walked in, making his way to the middle of the office in front of the desk while the door closed behind him.

''Please, sit Harry, I'm sure you have many questions... I have been dreading this conversation.'' Albus said, offering a chair as with a wave of his hand it slid out.

''No questions, simply here to tell you Professor Quirrel's Turban is hiding a second face bathed in dark magic. His Turban holds magic suppressants.'' Harry said.

A few of the paintings around raised their brows, interested in the conversation as a few of them stirred.

''...Dark magic you say?'' Dumbledore frowned slightly at that before he spoke. ''Do you understand... The implications of what you are saying, Harry?'' Questioned Dumbledore, suspicion already building on his brow, with a hint of worry.

''I do, Dark magic isn't black and white, any magic with the intent to 'Harm' can be considered dark, but the magic attached to that second face screams harm, and the dark magic dripping from it could be considered a threat to the school, and for a vault having just been raided, owned by you... It at least warrants an investigation?'' Harry stated, his voice unwavering.

''How exactly... Did you come about this information Young Harry?'' Dumbledore asked, his eyes sparkling gently.

Harry felt a skim across his thoughts, not a deep prop, just enough to see if Harry was lying.

''The school itself spoke to me,'' Harry stated firmly, it wasn't a lie, but he refused to elaborate further.

Dumbledore leaned back in his chair a bit, rubbing at his beard. Harry's words had merit to them, he was saying the truth, and it was clear to Dumbledore Harry had a deeper bond to this school than any other person he's seen, he is the heir of two of the families to it... He also understands the school is alive.

Dumbledore rubbed at the corner of his desk slightly in thought, recently the school has felt a lot better, as if something had been hanging over it, polluting it, but recently it has been clearing. Even Dumbledore himself was feeling better, his old mind no longer clouded as it used to be, able to properly focus without his eyes hurting on paperwork.

He felt the school was also breathing better, so to speak.

Taking a deep breath Dumbledore nodded. ''I will investigate what you've told me, Harry, but on the chance that this is a prank or something like a twisted lie? You will be punished and reprimanded for it, for this is something that will require heavy punishment... You are excused.''

Harry nodded softly before he left the office, heading to the kitchens to grab himself a snack, and to ask some of the elves to begin delivering food to the hole as the school had asked of him.

44