Chapter 34: Professor, I want to play Quidditch (Edited)
396 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a glass of butterbeer, Padma's face was flushed. Padma Patil is of Indian descent, but her complexion is not the tan of South India, but a healthy wheat color. She looks gorgeous with a slight blush after drinking, and could be an aspiring Ravenclaw house beauty when she grows up.

Her twin sister would have been Harry Potter's date to the fourth year Yule Ball. Harry, being famous, started out with the prettiest girl in Ravenclaw, Cho Chang, who later became his girlfriend, and was the prettiest girl in school. If Hermione hadn't revealed she was pretty until the fourth movie, what would Ron have done?

A warm glass of butterbeer was the perfect antidote to the stress, and the warmth that flowed through her limbs took away her inner panic and calmed her down again: it didn't look like she was going to be punished, she thought to herself, after all, judging by the look on Professor Flitwick's face, he wasn't angry.

However, Professor Flitwick didn't speak to them right away. He wrote a message on a piece of parchment and, with a couple of flutters of his short, slender fingers, folded it into a paper crane. He tapped the crane's head with his wand, and it fluttered away as if it had come to life.

"A simple combination of Transfiguration and a levitation spell, with a small application of a search spell," Professor Flitwick said with a smile, explaining the principle of the little spell to Tom and Padma, "It's not very useful, but it's handy for sending messages."

Professor Flitwick talked with them for a while, explaining how paper cranes were made.

[How to make a Messenger Paper Crane].

A new skill has been added to the magic bar on Tom's character's screen [Paper Crane Messenger Level 0 (0/100)].

Tom was a little surprised to learn that he could acquire a new skill in this way. At that moment the bell rang and Professor Flitwick saw that Padma had recovered and let her out of the classroom. However, he did not let Tom leave, but asked him to stay in his office and wait for someone.

Tom had a good idea what Professor Flitwick was thinking.

The answer was not long in revealing itself. A handsome young man knocked on the door and entered, with slightly curly black hair that fell past his ears and was worn casually at the nape of his neck, and deep, dark eyes that impressed. The young man's features were so three-dimensional, it was as if a marble statue had come to life

"Professor, what do you need from me?" the young man asked with a confused look.

"Tom, this is Alessandro Richie, captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch team, I have found a good Quidditch talent for you."

Alessandro Richie raised his eyebrows and gave a surprised look, "The good news came too suddenly, Professor."

"It's also hard for me to imagine that this boy ran up to a height of ten meters and rescued another girl who fell off a broom. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it. Is this the first time you've touched a flying broomstick?" said Professor Flitwick

Tom nodded, and Professor Flitwick clapped his hands on the table, excited, "Excellent! Have you ever seen a Quidditch match?"

"No, but I have a general idea of the rules."

Alessandro Richie listened to the conversation, his expression gradually changing from confusion to surprise to ecstasy, he was now like a player who had made the best team. Ravenclaw House had a large number of girls, who preferred to cheer for their team rather than join it, so the Ravenclaw Quidditch team was always a bit understaffed. Due to the lack of Quidditch population, the Ravenclaw team's results have been mediocre. This has also impacted their ability to compete for the House Cup.

There are four Quidditch teams at Hogwarts.

Slytherin and Gryffindor are strong, while Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff are the weakest. Gryffindor dominated the Quidditch Cup for the past few years, but since the graduation of their strongest seeker, Charlie Weasley, they have been losing to their rivals, Slytherin. Slytherin has monopolized the Quidditch Cup for five years.

This year's Quidditch might be a little better if they managed to get a talent into the team, was Richie's opinion, but he was a little nervous: after all, talent and strength were two different things, and even if you had the best team, it was possible to fail at booster.

Professor Flitwick looked at Tom, "He's got better size for a Seeker, and it's not out of the question that he's a Chaser: he's quite quick of reflex."

Each Quidditch team had seven players, a Seeker, a Keeper, three Chasers and two Beaters. Tom was thin, so Professor Flitwick's first thought was of the Hunters and Seekers, who had to react with greater dexterity.

Richie shook his head, "Professor, I'm afraid that's not going to be possible, I've found some good talent in the second years this year, but it might be best to give Tom a chance, I think he would be better suited to being a Hunter."

"I will talk to Professor Dumbledore and see if we can make an exception for a first year on the team, I think he will be fine, Minerva spoke to Professor Dumbledore about it yesterday. I hope he can make an exception for Tom as well, it's been too long since Ravenclaw last won the House Cup..."

Richie's eyes seemed to burn with fire, "Professor, we have seen glimmers of hope, there have been many talented underclassmen moving up in the last two years, for example, Cho Chang in his second year now, and Roger in his third year, both are quite talented newcomers."

Professor Flitwick smiled, "You know more about Quidditch than I do, so I'll leave the coaching of the new students to you and I'll go and talk to Professor Dumbledore. Well, we won't deprive you of dinner, come on."

Tom and Ritch left the office together, on their way to the Great Dining Hall, Ritch stopped Tom and told him to keep his possible membership of the team a secret for now, before asking him to be at the Quidditch pitch at seven o'clock in the evening, he wanted to check Tom's talent to think about what position to assign him to.

[Mission Unleashed - Young Talent: Make the Ravenclaw Quidditch team and get a win (first year only)]

Tom agreed with Richie, and entered the Great Dining Hall separately from him. When his classmates approached him and asked him why Professor Flitwick had called him into the office, he made excuses to get out of the way. As the clock approached seven o'clock, he left the castle and made his way to the quidditch pitch, which was already shrouded in gloom.

2