Chapter 12: Too many surprises
357 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Come out, or the same fate awaits you!" demanded Severus staring into the bushes where he felt the four presences in the Force.

 

 

It was then that one of the presences came out peacefully.

 

It was a completely white creature with the head, chest, and arms of a human and the body of a horse.

 

 

Severus was stunned by the beauty of the creature in front of him.

 

He had heard of centaurs in the Hogwarts forest but he had never encountered them, he knew that they had their ways of hiding from wizards and witches.

 

If it wasn't for their clear presence on the light side of the Force, Severus would never have discovered them.

 

 

" Calm wizard, we mean no harm," spoke the beautiful white centaurid once she was fully out of the bushes.

 

 

Behind her, three other male centaurs looked at Severus with cold and aggressive eyes, but their eyes were not only on him, from time to time they looked at the Acromantulas that he had killed.

 

 

"If you have no evil intentions, what was your purpose in hiding and spying on me?" hissed Severus to the centaurid.

 

As beautiful as she was, he would not let his guard down, he knew that centaurs could be very dangerous and even had their own magic without a wand.

 

'Besides, it is extremely strange to see centaurs away from their territory' Severus thought, analysing the situation.

 

 

" That was not our intentions," the cetaurid clarified calmly.

 

"Oh..., and what were your intentions?" asked Severus.

 

 

"Only to determine the cause of the disturbance here, the dark magic concentrated in this place spread its malice to the surrounding area," she replied.

 

The three centaurs behind her looked angry at Severus' disrespectful behaviour, but strangely none of them said anything, it seemed she held a very high position in their community.

 

 

'Disturbance?...concentration of dark magic?' wondered Severus.

 

'They must be talking about my meditation,' he concluded.

 

 

"I see..., is that why you spied my little... problem with the Acromantulas?" asked Severus not wanting to say fight since it was a one-sided massacre.

 

 

"We were just observing your... problem," she said with a slight smile.

 

 

"Now I can assume this was the reason..." she added as she looked at the dead Acromantulas around him.

 

 

" Yeah..., it seems I made them a bit angry, but as you can see, it's already solved." 

 

 

"In that case, we won't take up any more of your time," she said with a slight tilt of her head, then turned and walked away with the other three centaurs.

 

Once Severus saw them walk away, he relaxed significantly.

 

 

Killing the Acromantulas may have been child's play for him, but the constant use of the Force to improve his body had exhausted him.

 

His current physique was not prepared for the constant use of the Force in combat.

 

 

" Amazing," muttered Severus with a glint in his eye.

 

 

'To think that the creatures considered magical on this planet are actually in a symbiotic relationship with the immense Force on this planet.'

 

'And that is what gives them unique natural abilities' Severus understood.

 

It was a surprise to him to discover that this planet contained an immense concentration of both the dark and light sides of the Force.

 

Severus concluded that this was one of the reasons why this planet had a large number of above-average individuals with the potential to make use of the Force.

 

It was so high that there were actually countless species that could be considered intensely Force-sensitive.

 

Today he saw the Acromantulas who had a strong symbiosis with the dark side of the Force and then there were the centaurs with the light side.

 

The human magical population was only a part of the vast number of Force-sensitive beings that inhabited this planet.

 

And Severus was certain that the abundance of Force-sensitives was a result of their symbiotic relationship with the Force, whereby most of the "magical" creatures that inhabited Earth drew their sustenance directly from one side of the planet's Force, thus making them more powerful in its use.

 

Only wizards were an exception as they did not have this strange and very unique symbiotic relationship with the planet's Force, they were more similar to the Jedi or Sith, only that by making use of magic wands they did not really connect with the Force.

 

And that was because the cores and wood that the wands are made of are catalysts for this Force.

 

The wands are made from creatures and plants with a strong symbiosis with one side of the Force of this planet.

 

 

'Hmm, I'd better get back,' Severus said to himself as he saw that it was already dark.

 

Severus used his magic and disappeared from the forest and then reappeared near his house.

 

Although he was reluctant to go home because of the bad memories it brought back, for Severus it would be a good way to put into practice the control he had gained over his emotions.

 

He had to be able to control his emotions well enough to be able to return home without being affected.

 

 

Returning to his small home in the Muggle world, Severus wasted no time in the alleyway at Spinner's End where he appeared and headed straight for the end of the street where his house was located.

 

 

Once in front of his house, he didn't care much about the gloomy and worn-out aspect it had, Severus didn't have good memories in this house, so he didn't see the need to remodel or do anything to change it, and as soon as he had the money he had already decided that he would get out of the house.

 

But what did catch Severus' attention was that he could feel two unknown presences in the Force.

 

And that wasn't all he felt.

 

'Interesting...,' Severus thought intrigued as he felt a great concentration of the dark side of the Force.

 

Cautiously, Severus opened the door to the house and entered as usual.

 

Once inside he went to where he felt these two presences.

 

They were in the room where he used to prepare his potions.

 

When Severus arrived in front of the door to the room he took his sword in one hand and his wand in the other, then turned the handle with the same hand that held his wand and gently slid the door open.

 

Finally, he entered prepared for any situation.

 

But what he saw was not exactly what he expected.

 

"Wow..., this just keeps getting weirder and weirder"

 

Severus was quite surprised at the first thing he saw when he entered the room.

 

The whole room was a mess as if an earthquake had occurred in this room only, leaving the rest of the house untouched.

 

Severus could feel the trace of the dark side so he knew that the Force was the cause of all this.

 

But what most caught his attention were the two unconscious young ones in the middle of the room in pretty bad shape.

 

A man and a woman who looked to be about the same age as Severus, he was wearing the typical wizarding robes and she was wearing Muggle clothes but both of their clothes were badly burnt in several places.

 

 

The woman's hair was light brown, long and tangled, a little wavy, all her hair was also a mess, too thick with a lot of volume, fluffy and burnt in places.

 

Severus didn't recognise her from anywhere but the tall, thin man with a pale, pointed face, and straight blond hair looked similar to his friend Lucius.

 

'Does Lucius have a brother or cousin that I'm not aware of?' thought Severus amused at the idea, he knew the Malfoy family well enough to know that there was no such person as the one in front of him.

 

'Unless he was a non-magical relative of the Malfoy's..., in which case they would surely have hidden it very well.'

 

Shaking his head, he began to think of all the possibilities of what was happening in front of him.

 

Severus had been in this house yesterday, so the scene in front of him had to happen after he had left.

 

'Well..., I guess the only ones who have the answers I want are them' sighed Severus.'

 

'For now, I will check their condition and when they wake up they will have to answer many questions' he concluded and decided to help treat the unconscious young ones first, then he would get his answers.

 

Severus lifted both young ones and took them to a room with two beds to treat them.

 

Once he had laid them down, he proceeded to remove their clothes and begin treatment of their burns.

 

Severus made sure to keep the parts of the young woman's body that he was not right to see covered, as for Lucius' long-lost brother, he did not concern himself with such things with the young man.

 

He was quite surprised to discover that they both had a wand, doing a quick scan he discovered that they were two young wizards.

 

That bothered him a little as he didn't know what two wizards his age could be doing in his house, but Severus decided to leave those questions for later and return to tending to the burns of the two in front of him.

 

Once he had finished undressing both of them, he saw that they had no wounds of any kind on their bodies, but there were many burns all over their bodies.

 

They both seemed to have gone through a terrible headache and dizziness that caused them to pass out and lose consciousness.

 

 

'Interesting... What could have happened for them to get so many burns and end up here of all places?' wondered Severus staring with his black eyes at the young ones in front of him.

 

Severus first cleaned and disinfected both of their burns with some orange paste, once the paste made contact with the skin it moistened and was absorbed into their skin.

 

When he finished disinfecting, Severus took a reddish liquid mixed with purple and rubbed it again on the visible burns.

 

This liquid smoked and stung on contact with the skin, but then Severus tapped it with his wand and the minor burns were instantly treated.

 

Now there were only a few major burns left on both of them, but these too were slowly improving, although it would take time.

 

Now they were both in better condition than before, with some burns still in the process of healing completely, but they weren't as bad as when he had found them.

 

 

'Hmm, magical burns,' Severus concluded, otherwise he knew they would have healed by now.

 

 

Once he had finished tending to the burns on both of them, Severus finally focused on their faces.

 

Severus was lost in thought about the young wizards lying in front of him.

 

'Hmm... Maybe they were attacked by death eaters...' 

 

'...It could be a possibility but it would be too much of a coincidence that they just happened to end up in my house, I feel like there is something else hidden here and the only ones who have the answers to my questions are them' Severus thought.

 

"I guess I can only wait for them to wake up," sighed Severus tiredly.

 

Today was too long for him, with too many surprises.

 

Severus grabbed both of their wands, thinking it best to take precautions in case they were hostile.

 

"Take precautions is better than to cure," Severus smiled.

23