Chapter 21: Glamor Spells
350 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Dorset, West Country, south-west England, Great Britain

 

-Prince Manor, 4th July 1976.

Today Severus had finally finished the summary of all the Prince family investments along with the total value of each one.

In fact, it was with Hermione's help that he finished it so quickly, in the short time they had been together he could already tell that she was crazy about hard work, punctuality, studying, and many other things.

But he wouldn't say that those qualities were bad, he was quite similar, except that he knew when to stop.

Severus could only deny in amusement as he read the file he had labelled: "Liquid Cash and Investments".

He opened the file and flipped through the summary of the Prince's account information.

He discovered that the Prince family had approximately 1,751,000 galleons in liquid wealth.

They owned 27 properties:

 

Old Prince Manor in Ireland: Value 70,000 gal.

 

Prince Manor in Britain: Value 300,000 gal.

 

Heir Prince's Manor in Edinburgh: Value 174,000 gal.

 

Manor in the USA: Value 80,000 gal.

 

Manor in Australia: Value 70,000 gal.

 

Potion shop in the Republic of Ireland: Value 17,000 gal.

 

Potions Shop in Australia: Value 11,000 gallons

 

Potions Shop in Spain: Value 14,000 gallons

 

Potions Shop in Great Britain: Value 18,000 gallons

 

Potions Shop South Africa: Value 10,000 gallons

 

Potions Shop Canada: Value 9,000 gallons

 

Potions Shop Argentina: Value 7,000 gallons

 

Potions Store Brazil: Value: 14,000 gallons

 

Total of the 14 houses spread throughout the magical world: Value 74,000 gallons.

 

Also owned 51% stake in Prince Potion Factory in the Republic of Ireland: Value 487,000 gallons (51% if sold).

 

9 % of Daily Prophet: Value 62,000 gallons

 

17% of Kwikspell Compan: Value 25,000 gallons

 

20% Queenbee's: Value 43,000 gallons

 

7% GalloLoans: Value 77,000 gallons

 

11% Cleansweep Broom Company: Value 85,000 gallons

 

15% El Son Hotel: Value 7,000 gallons

 

32% La Soñada Hotel: Value 21,000 gallons

 

24% Leaky Cauldron: Value 40,000 gallons

 

13% Borgin and Burkes: Value 36,000 gallons

 

'Well, this is more than I expected...,' Severus thought when he saw how much stock and property he had.

But considering that most magical families have most of their fortunes invested to constantly generate money, it was understandable that the liquid wealth was several times greater than the gallons the Princes had in the bank.

Well, now I just have to decide how to continue with the investments and how to use the money left in the bank,' Severus concluded.

Thanks to the money the Princes had, he was able to buy everything he needed for now without any problems, but he still had a lot of things to do.

Once he had finished going through the file and thought of some future investment plans, Severus saw Hermione approaching him and knew it was time for his daily practices.

When she arrived they both began to study and practice various spells.

Hermione was quite impressed and confused by the changes Severus began to show in the last two weeks.

But she attributed it to the ritual of the blood test, there were several cases where the heirs showed changes in their personality and physique after the blood ritual.

Severus had undergone a radical change in his look, renewing his appearance and clothing. 

It may have only been two weeks, but the changes in his personality were already beginning to show, he was now more of a mixture of Severus Snape and Darth Vader.

When he spoke he was more friendly and sociable than before, but he still kept his cold and dark personality, but by having a better character he could transform those traits into those of a more mysterious person which was better than the bitter and lonely person he used to look like. 

But if he got angry it was frightening.

Severus' voice remained the same and his body was still pale, with rounded but angular shoulders.

As he focused more on good nutrition and constant sword and Force training, he began to show changes in his physique, and his thinness was no longer as exaggerated as before, and he even began to build muscle.

He also changed his bearing and gait, now more casual and confident.

Before he walked in a nervous, spider-like manner, which was quite unpleasant.

His hair was still as black as ever but now he no longer wore his hair long, and he began to buy, make and use more products to prevent his hair from getting greasy when he made potions, and by keeping it shorter his appearance changed a lot.

Fixing his teeth from crooked and yellow to white and straight teeth greatly improved his appearance.

Severus Snape used to have long, greasy hair that stuck up on his face along with teeth that were crooked and worn down from poor care and constant consumption of potions without care.

All this was because Snape always downplayed his physical appearance and valued other qualities within himself, so he never focused on his physical appearance, for him his mind and magic were everything.

Darth Vader thought the opposite, for a good use of the Force, required an impeccable and strong physique, the body of one was extremely important.

Severus' physical features also underwent minor modifications, for the time being, his face began to undergo small changes, it was slow but the changes were certainly there.

And finally, one thing that didn't change one bit was his dark, piercing eyes.

Although for some reason he still didn't understand, he noticed that by using the dark side of the Force his eyes turned blue.

Severus spent a few hours talking about spells and all sorts of magic with Hermione until she had to leave.

" Alright, that's all for today" Hermione closed a book and commented to Severus who was lying in a tree in front of Prince Manor.

"Yes" Severus nodded calmly although if it were up to him he could spend days learning about the magic of the future, there were so many interesting and unique things.

"Well, I'll be off then, Draco wanted to go to Diagon Alley today," Hermione informed looking down a little, she enjoyed her study time with Severus.

He never scoffed at her constant explanations, he listened attentively to everything she said and even asked important and interesting questions that made her think and want to search for answers.

She and he had a lot in common when it came to studying.

He was also incredibly intelligent and talented, as well as mysterious.

Severus had two rooms in the manor that he wouldn't let Draco or her into.

One he said was for training and a lab that she and Draco assumed was for potions.

There was also the matter of the sword that he now constantly carried with him, both she and Draco were very intrigued by this, but Severus was very reserved and would not tell them anything.

"Tell Draco not to get in trouble and not to go mentioning anything about me," Severus said seriously with a steady gaze on Hermione, he knew she could control the young Lucius-like wizard quite well.

"Don't worry, he already knows you don't want to mention that you're the new Prince heir."

"I know, but under pressure, he can be very careless," Severus commented coldly.

Unlike his friend Lucius, Draco didn't handle pressure well, almost seeming to shrink back in fear in the face of trouble.

Whereas Lucius always tried to get out of trouble somehow.

"Don't make that face Severus, I assure you I'll handle it."   

Severus just snorted and went back to reading quietly.

While Hermione just laughed lightly at Severus' behaviour and went to find Draco to go to Diagon Alley.

The three of them had discussed their integration into the magical world and had agreed that Hermione and Draco would stay at Prince Manor until they finished the paperwork they had to do with the Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts.

Severus was kind enough to let them live at Prince Manor, although Hermione had concluded that he allowed them to live with him just to have easier access to them.

Whenever he practised any of the spells or magic they taught him, he used to go to some of them to ask them questions about the theories of the future of such magics.

Hermione was quite surprised by Severus' sudden interest in using a sword, as it was something she and Draco hadn't seen in Professor Snape's memories, but she and Draco didn't think much of it and put it down to Severus' new heritage as a Prince.

Severus hadn't told them anything about his past or his life even though the three of them were now living together.

Once Hermione entered the Manor she waited a few minutes for Draco to come down from his room.

"Draco, come on, we're already late, we said 10 am, it's already 10:20" Hermione complained if she would have known he was going to be so late she would have stayed longer going over spells with Severus.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it, Hermione, you've already told me like 100 times," said Draco wearily as he came down from his room.

"I've been waiting for you for 20 minutes Draco!!!, if you arrange a schedule at least keep to the agreed time, besides now we'll get to Diagon Alley when it's more crowded with wizards" reproached Hermione.

"Hermione, I get it, but no matter how much you keep telling me I can't do anything to turn back the clock, so how about you stop wasting time with your tantrum and let's go."

"Fine" snorted Hermione as she turned and walked out of the Manor irritated by Draco's behaviour.

"Oh, come on Merlin..., why in the bloody hell did I have to ask her to come with me?" sighed Draco wearily, already regretting his decision.

But he knew Severus wouldn't do anything without a good reason and his only choice was her.

Draco still wasn't adjusted to this change of time and period so he preferred to be accompanied for a while until he could feel more comfortable.

Once the two of them arrived in Diagon Alley they passed by different businesses and met quite a few people who were either grown up, old, or even dead in their time.

It was awkward meeting the younger version of the people they knew, but they were slowly getting used to it.

They tried to keep calm and not talk too much to anyone.

They both introduced themselves as Hermione and Draco Prince to everyone they spoke to.

They were taking advantage of this occasion to introduce themselves to the British magical community of this time as distant relatives of the Prince famili, but without mentioning anything about Severus.

Hermione had to perform glamor spells to slightly change his appearance since he was identical to the Malfoys.

Though Draco only allowed her to modify his hair, which went from blonde to black like Severus's.

Draco let out a deep sigh of exhaustion as he left the Flourish and Blotts Bookseller on the North Side of Diagon Alley, about halfway down the street on the left side.

He and Hermione had spent quite a while in the bookshop, which for him felt like hours as he had to listen to the insufferable Hermione talk about every book she bought.

The shop was full of shelves stacked to the ceiling and Draco was sure that if it were up to Hermione she would take every book.

"Now that I remember, wasn't Mr. Haidan the manager of Flourish and Blotts Bookseller, now it seems he still doesn't work there and from what I understand Madam Villanelle had..." Draco couldn't finish saying what he was talking about because Hermione completed the sentence for him.

"The current manager Madam Villanelle had lost several of her memories during the year 1990-1991, in the diary it was said that she used Xeep's Luscious Locks Solution and because of this she lost some memories due to its memory erasing properties and even though they were able to slow down the loss of her memories, she never regained the memories she lost"    Hermione redacted.

She then got embarrassed when she saw the look on Draco's face for not letting him finish speaking.

Draco just rolled his eyes as he was used to her doing that, he opted not to say anything else and kept walking.

When the two of them entered the potions shop that Severus had recommended, Draco saw Hermione freeze for some reason.

It was then that he noticed what she was looking at, or rather who.

'Lily Evans' they both thought with wide eyes at the sudden surprise.

26