Vol. 1 Chapter 130: Bloody Battle
157 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the all-out attack of the Middle Army, there was no thought of the overwhelming force. The Serbian will to resist is much greater than before!

The good thing about dropping a position and running away is no longer there! You must go through a bitter battle for every position taken now! We are forced to fight with the enemy in front and the inspector behind us!

As the war continued, casualties on both sides rose sharply as the Serbs put up a fight! In order to reduce casualties, the commander-in-chief of the Middle Army, Vasil Ivanov, decided to clear the ground with artillery fire!

Although the casualties were down, the consumption of supplies rose sharply, and only after pushing the front forward more than 30 miles did it consume more than 50,000 shells!

But the Serbian's desperate efforts were soon broken when the two main regiments pierced to the rear destroyed the main lines of transport, and Leskovach's supplies couldn't get through!

By the time the Serbian army reacted, the ammunition reserves at the front were almost gone! Garrison commander Ivan Lić is now going crazy, and the first is the order of death of military forces at home, and the southern front has been executed up to thousands of deserters!

How can this war be fought if the logistics supply is cut off again? If we talk about food reserves, we can still hold out for more than a month, but ammunition reserves will be dead!

Three days ago, the Serbian army on the southern front added up to more than 80,000 men, and by now, it has been reduced to roughly one-fifth!

Until now, Ivan Lić has not yet fallen apart. Ivan Lić is already good at managing the army! Now the army is running out of ammunition! The entire army has only 5,000 shells and 2 million rounds of ammunition!

The most crucial thing is that he now has troops in his hands that dare not act rashly! Up to now, the Serbian army has not collapsed, thanks to Ivan Lić using the only one main division as an inspector force, using the newly armed young men as cannon fodder, but also shot thousands of deserters, just barely holding the battle line!

If not, with so many casualties, this pack of wretched men would have collapsed long ago! Of course, it's about time now. Ivan Lić knows very well that it can't hold for long under the current situation!

One glance at the crowd at the military meeting, both eyes wider, yawning, depressed! It is clear that these days of hard fighting, everyone is suffering!

Ivan Lić himself is in no better shape, one slip and the enemy could break through the lines! Now they have retreated to the last line of defense. Then they will have to shoot if they retreat again all!

Ivan Lić said wearily, "Without further ado, it's obvious now that we can't hold out much longer! I have reported the situation here truthfully to headquarters, but the orders from the military headquarters are for us to hold on for three more days to buy time for the main force in the Niš area!"

"What? How is this possible? The way we are now, not to mention three days, it's doubtful if we can hold until tomorrow!" An officer exclaimed.

"Yes! It's obvious now, we've been holding off the main Bulgarian force for four days, and the main force in the Niš area hasn't managed to take care of a partial division, are they all good-for-nothing?" Another man said.

"Well, the order still has to be carried out no matter what! Doesn't the main force in the Niš area needs three days? Let's give it to them!

Now I order five more lines of defense on the road to Niš! You go and organize the people at once and repair the defensive lines for me! No matter what, you must buy three days for the main force!

Otherwise, we'll lose this war! Even if the Southern Front is beaten up, everyone must hold on!"

The people replied in unison, "Yes!"

Obviously, Ivan Lić played a trick! From here to Nis, there are more than a hundred kilometers, such a long distance. In the 19th century, the march alone will take two or three days, as long as the resistance along the way and the time to drag over, and then think of a way to get through!

A young officer asked in doubt, "General, what about the enemy army that is cutting through our rear? If we let them move freely, I'm afraid they will give us trouble behind us?"

Ivan Lić's face changed. In order to run smoothly, it is necessary to take out this enemy force behind. Then it is necessary to draw troops from the front!

After a moment of silence, he said, "Take two regiments from the front, and after drawing half of our reserves, form a temporary reinforced division with Zach Veitch as interim division commander to take out these hamsters!"

...

The Serbian Front General Command in Niš, General Subrovich's heart is now bleeding! The Left Army that Bulgaria sent to the door is not a weakling at all!

Only two days have passed since the beginning of the counter-offensive, and more than 20,000 brave Serbian soldiers have fallen in the way of the charge, and more than 10,000 wounded have been added while the enemy positions stand still!

Defensive times are the best times for machine guns to be effective, especially heavy machine guns! The debut of the Maxim machine gun in the Balkans gave the Serbs a serious blow!

On the first day of the invasion, it gave more than 10,000 corpses to the Serbian army, which made his reputation!

In order to block the bullets, the Serbs have even taken the medieval shields, all of them, and still no luck!

Subrovich hesitated. Even if he had to fight for his life, he couldn't give up his life! More than 30,000 casualties have already been paid, and the enemy's losses are not expected to exceed a thousand. Such a battle is impossible to fight!

If they keep fighting, the soldiers will have to mutiny! You know that the inspector drove the soldiers to charge, and now there are a lot of complaints, and there are even officers who someone has shot, and if there are a few more days, God only knows what will happen!

Now the best way to deal with machine guns is to bombard them with artillery, but unfortunately, the Serbian artillery is not at its best either! As soon as they took a chance, Bulgarian artillery shells followed!

Moreover, 19th-century artillery is not easy to aim at the target. It is often necessary to have dozens of shells in order to achieve the results of the battle, so long enough to expose the location of the artillery!

Now the ratio is, on average, one artillery piece for two or three machine guns! It probably would take care of the pesky machine guns at that exchange ratio by shooting all the artillery!

However, Subrovich did not dare to do so, as Serbia was already short of artillery, and if it was exhausted now, what would happen later in the war? What would hold the enemy's firepower?

Switching from offense to defense seems to be the best way! But the situation now, it is not up to Subrovich to choose!

"Why don't we attack at night? In the dark, the enemy has no way to aim, so we send volunteers with explosive packs and directly sneak up ~ ~" a staff officer proposed.

The crowd lit up and thought it seemed feasible! Serbia is short of everything, but not of volunteers! Although it would be difficult to attack at night and non-combat losses would increase greatly, it would be better than dying!

Subrovich took a deep breath and said, "Then let's try it! What ideas you have, bring them out and try them, don't care about casualties!

The Bulgarian reinforcements are about to arrive, and we have less than three days to crush this wave of enemies before us!"

For three days, the faces of the people changed greatly, what a joke! From the counter-attack to now, which of them did not do their best, until now there are only a few pieces of the enemy actively giving up some abandoned positions, but not captured a piece!

3