Vol. 1 Chapter 138: Crisis is Coming
129 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Minister of the Interior sighed and said, "Right now, they have no intention of filling the river, or there wouldn't be only a few prisoners doing the deed!

The Bulgarians should not resort to such extreme methods in the short term!

If they really created an artificial flood, the Austro-Hungarian side would not be able to explain the first, nor is it easy to pass the international public opinions! Unless it comes to the last minute, the Bulgarians will not do it!

However, we are suffering from the small actions of the Bulgarians, and now the water flowing through the city of Belgrade has been polluted!

It is simply not drinkable. Even though we have organized manpower to drill wells throughout the city, but it is still not enough!

To conserve water, we've banned bathing, washing clothes, and the range of other non-essential water uses!

However, it still can't solve the problem of water shortage. Can't the Ministry of Finance allocate funds first and buy water from the Bulgarians? First, rescue people!"

The Minister of Finance said with a bitter smile: "The Bulgarians have become money-eyed. We have already bought their overpriced grain, overpriced coal, and now overpriced water!

The army outside the city now also said that if we don't have cash, they can accept things they can charge in kind! Whether it's gold, silver, jewelry, diamond rings and necklaces, antique relics, or industrial equipment, as long as it has value, they accept it all!"

The Minister of War growled: "The Bulgarians dare in no way try to bring us to our knees by such means! We Serbs are not soft and cannot be left to their mercy!"

But the words of the Minister of War obviously carry little weight! Ever since they lost the war, he has been excluded from the core of decision-making!

Aleksandar I said with a cold smile: "So what can be done? This war, our Serbia is a total loss! If our army had been a little more competent, even with a small victory, the situation would not have been so bad!"

Aleksandar's discontent with the military has reached a peak! The military has always been a separate system and has never had him in its sights since he succeeded to the throne!

Well, since the military does not give face, it is not his fault that he is not polite! Aleksandar I also returned the favor by giving his support to the government to suppress the military!

A series of military failures now proves that he is right to advocate military reform! But it's all too late, and he must wipe his ass for the military's failures!

It is not good, but also for the war's failure and taking the blame, is not really taking the blame, no matter what, anyway, Aleksandar I think it is, his attitude would be strange!

The Minister of Finance sighed and said, "It's too late to say anything now, the key now is to find a way to end this war quickly! There are still more than 200,000 people in the city who are looking to us for food? We can't afford to delay!"

The Minister of Interior took the words of the Minister of Finance and said with some sarcasm, "That's right! The prisons are now overcrowded, and many people are caught committing crimes on purpose in order to make a living; some even bribe the police with money to take them to town!!!

Food stocks of our citizens in the city are now also almost depleted. If it continues, we will have to release rations!

And our reserves are that much left. If it is reserved for the army, we can still hold out for most of the month, and if we have to issue rations, a week is a limit!

As for the grain outside, the city has fallen into the hands of the Bulgarians, and even if we can still transport it from abroad, there will be very little left by the time it reaches Belgrade!"

The Minister of Finance suddenly turned pale, as if he thought of something, and stammered, "Do you ~ you guys say that the Bulgarians are ~ purposely delaying the talks ~ in order to raid the wealth of Serbia ~ aah!"

The faces of the people changed greatly. There is really this possibility!

It's much more efficient to sell sky-high prices of supplies directly to the Serbian government than to do the looting yourself!

Moreover, there was no need to take moral and international public opinion to blame, and the Serbian government had to cooperate. After all, more than 200,000 people in the city had to live!

Now Serbia is meat on the bricks, which can only be slaughtered! Every extra day of delay will cost Serbia dearly!

...

'Blessings do not come in pairs, an calamities never come singly!'

Where there are humans, there are rivalries; where there is white, there is black! Serbs can't all be selfless patriots, at least not the capitalists!

From the beginning of the siege of Bulgaria, the prices of goods in the city began to soar. To get over a hard fortune, the capitalists could care less!

In order to get the supplies, everyone did their best! Anyway, in Belgrade, where supplies are scarce, there is no shortage of supplies in the market!

Klein Veitch is a minor officer who manages strategic materials, and in normal times that is a small, irrelevant piece of opacity!

However, the Bulgarians came, he became popular at once, and people who did not even look at him will now give him a friendly smile!

The reason is none other than his ability to come up with the supplies that are now in short supply on the market!

At this time in Belgrade, the old order had collapsed, and the ugly face of humanity was exposed in the face of hunger!

For the cost of a loaf of bread, you can take a pretty girl with a gorgeous face and spend the night back! No! I should say a beautiful girl who used to be beautiful, since the water problem, everyone has become stinky!

But this has nothing to do with Klein Veitch. With his hands in charge of the supplies, he can still quickly get enough water to live a more luxurious life than usual!

Worms never exist on their own, and Klein Veitch is just one of the insignificant ones!

At first, Klein Veitch was still timid and only secretly took some supplies to improve his and his family's lives. Little by little, his friends and relatives who used to look down on others now had to come and try to curry favor with him.

Like his beautiful niece-in-law, who meekly gave herself up to him just for some cheese and bread! Another example is ~~~~

Then Klein Veitch's mind changed. Why doesn't he take advantage of this opportunity to make a fortune and know that after going through this village, there is no longer such a store!

And then he collided with the capitalists. One thing led to another! His appetite is getting larger than ever, and he doesn't care about the supplies. He sells them first!

Klein Veitch's pockets were getting bigger as well, and soon disaster struck! A stockpile of strategic materials, still very much valued by the top, with the contacts made during this time, Klein Veitch got the news in advance!

Of course, he was not the only one who had to suffer together! Officials in charge of material supply are no cleaner than anyone else!

Once the problem is discovered, there is no doubt that it will end in death! As a result, an undercurrent is brewing in Belgrade!

On the night before the big inspection, there was finally a massive riot in the city of Belgrade. Mobs took advantage of the night to raid many warehouses and started an enormous fire that burned down several warehouses stacked with grain!

Of course, this can only deceive the young Aleksandar I. Anyone knows that at this time, the granaries are handled by soldiers. How can a few mobs burn them?

Since ancient times they burned grain depots for two reasons: a supervisor burying evidence of a crime; the other is an enemy sneak attack, set fire to the granary!

If not, there is not enough fire-starting stuff around the heavily guarded granary, and the food is not burnt out in a moment!

There is no doubt that it was not the Bulgarians! But what exactly is going on? Serbian cabinet members are pretending not to see it now at this time. Not suitable for internal purging!

As to whether there is a deeper reason, it is unknown! Anyway, at this moment, no one will care about it!

1