After the battle
5.1k 15 173
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ryoto's pov)

Karen: "4...3...2...1..."

I gritted my teeth for the incoming pain.

Ryoto: "Gogh!"

When I got the eyes, it wasn't as bad as I was feeling now, but I still felt my muscles expanding and compressing themselves. It was strange that my whole body going through a significant change is less painful than just my eyes, but they are God's eyes after all. It still left me without energy, though.

I felt slight tingling in the back of my head. Was that a spider-sense?

Lala: "Ryoto! Are you alright?"

Lala launched herself into me, crashing into me in the process. She then proceeded to shake me as hard as she could.

Lala: "Are you alright? What happened? Why were you in pain?"

Ryoto: "St-op sha-king me."

She really is strong. I have Spider-man's physique and still feel sick by her shaking.

Lala let go of me.

Ryoto: "Everything is okay. I'm not used to using my eyes, so it took more of me than I expected. If I rest for a bit, I'll recover."

Lala: "Really?"

Ryoto: "Really, really."

I patted her head.

__________

*PING*

*NEW TITLE ACQUIRED*

Title: "Headpats Beginner"

__________

I'll ask Karen about it later.

Ryoto: "I'm a little ashamed to ask, but can you help me return home. I don't think I can go back on my own."

I couldn't even stand up by myself.

Lala: "Sure!"

We went back to my room without saying anything, but it didn't feel awkward. It just felt... right.

In the room, I finally sat on the bed. I recovered enough to at least walk, but I still need a whole night of sleep to be at 100%... or that's what I feel. I'm not an expert, and I've never been in a similar situation, but my recovery rate is slightly increased, so I'm hoping for it.

Lala: "Hey, Ryoto."

Ryoto: "Yes?"

Lala: "Thank you. I'm happy that you saved me, but you should also think about yourself more."

I waved my hand.

Ryoto: "Don't worry about it. I was the one that wanted to help, so you don't need to feel guilty, understand?"

I once again patted her. At this, she showed me a dazzling smile. I was momentarily stunned by it. She really was the daughter of the most beautiful woman in the universe.

Lala: "Yes!"

Karen: "Wake up, Romeo, or I'll wake up."

'How would you even do it?'

Karen: "Woman's secret."

Lala: "Hey, Ryoto?"

Ryoto: "What is it?"

Lala: "Let's get married."

Ryoto: "...What?"

I accidentally opened my eyes and blinked a few times.

Karen: "Congratulations on your engagement."

Ryoto: "..."

---

It was the morning of the next day. I was still was processing what happened last night. It's not like I wasn't hoping for that outcome but hearing a beautiful girl saying 'let's get married' is still a little bit shocking.

Karen: "I can't blame you for feeling like this. In your past life, you were a disgusting virgin otaku. It's probably the first time a girl said something nice to you."

'Do you have something against otakus? Every time you say anything weeb related, it's always disgusting this disgusting that. What is your problem?'

Karen: "I don't have any problem with otaku culture or whatever you call it. I like to annoy you, that's all. It's one of the few things in life that make me feel happy."

'How do you sleep at night?'

Karen: "I don't. I'm a system. Did you forget it already? Do you at least remember your name, or do I need to remind that too?"

'...'

'I want to switch my system for another one.'

---

I got a few strange looks in school, but I was walking with my eyes closed the whole time, so it wasn't an unexpected reaction. My excuse was quite simple. I was tired because I was playing too much last night.

At home, Rito believed it instantly, but Mikan was a little suspicious. Ahe gave me the same look when she tried to determine if I was lying, but ultimately she believed.

In the evening, Lala and I went to the riverbank.

Lala: "What's wrong, Ryoto? Why did you want to go here?"

Ryoto: "I want to ask you something, Lala. Why do you want to marry me? We met each other yesterday, and we don't know each other too well, so why?"

Lala scratched her cheek with her finger to show that she was a little embarrassed.

Lala: "I may have used our marriage as an excuse so I wouldn't have to go back home, but-"

Zastin: "Lala-sama!"

Lala: "Zastin!"

Zastin: "Fufu... I went through-"

As Zastin went through his speech, I leaned towards Lala and whispered.

Ryoto: "Who is this guy?"

I, of course, knew who he was, but it would be strange for me to have this information.

Lala: "His name is Zastin, and he is servant and guardian of Devilukean royalty."

Zastin: "...but! This is it!! Lala-sama, come back to planet Deviluke with me!!"

Lala: "Nyeeeeeh!! I won't go back. I have a reason not to!!"

Zastin: "What is your reason."

Lala pointed at me.

Lala: "I...! I fell in love with this guy here, Ryoto!! So I'll marry Ryoto and live with him on Earth!"

Zastin: "..."

Zastin's eyes were cold for a moment, but it quickly changed.

Zastin: "I see, so that's how it is. I was wondering about it when I heard the report from my men. They said that an earthling tried to rescue Lala-sama but... they were defeated by a... creature in mostly white clothes that tried to... I shouldn't say it before Lala-sama."

When he started talking about his men, he clenched his fist hard. They probably will be looking for the said creature, but it won't be possible to find him. Mil-tan is not on this Earth after all, but the memory will be with them forever.

Lala: "Now that you know, go back and tell daddy! I'll never go back, nor will I meet any future husband candidates!!"

Zastin: "No, it's not that simple. I, Zastin, have received an order from the king of Deviluke to take you back... I won't be able to face the king if I go home after approving the marriage of a suspicious earthling and Lala-sama."

Lala: "Then what can we do?"

Lala asked, still hoping to convince Zastin.

Zastin: "Please stay back Lala-sama."

__________

*PING*

*NEW QUEST*

Mission: "Duel for the hand of the princess"

Objective 1: Defeat Zastin in battle.

Reward: "300 SP, Gate of Babylon."

Failure: "You'll try to Rickroll at any possible occasion.

Duration of punishment: One week.

__________

At that moment, my spider-sense started going crazy.

---

END

Discord server: https://discord.gg/cM4bwr5Q3z

173