vs Zastin
4.8k 16 151
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ryoto's pov)

My spider-sense went into overdrive. I instinctively did a backflip, avoiding incoming slash. I ended up in a famous Spider-Man pose which came naturally to me. The attack left a large mark on the ground. Did he try to kill me?

Zastin: "Now you... Ryoto. Show me your true skills in a real fight!! Are you ready?"

With some difficulty, I picked up the mini truck and threw it at Zastin. He slashed through the car as if it was butter. The only thing left of the car were pieces of metal.

Zastin: "You are strong for an Earthling, but it's still not enough."

Ryoto: "True, that's why I'll try harder."

I rushed towards him, and he slashed at me once again. Spider-sense warned me about it beforehand, so I didn't have a hard time dodging it while still approaching. I was finally in range to punch him, and my fist was getting closer to his body, but he managed to block it with his sword. He was an experienced swordsman, after all. If an amateur like me could land a punch on him without any trouble, he wouldn't be a royal guard.

As soon as my hand hit his sword, I jumped while doing a flip. I landed on his other side and tried to make him fall by sweeping his legs, but he avoided it by jumping. While he was in the air, he wasn't just waiting for me to make a move. He attempted to slash me, but I jumped back and distanced myself from him.

For a few moments, we didn't move from our positions and were waiting for the other to first make a move. At this moment, I looked at his aura, and... it was massive, the biggest I've seen so far. It had the same color as Lala's aura, but it looked more dangerous.

I wanted to test out my spider power, but it looks like I'll need to use my eyes to complete this quest.

My eyes opened slowly, revealing their unusual appearance. Zastin flinched a little at their sigh, but it just showed how good of an instinct he possessed.

Ryoto: "Let me tell you something, Zastin. I really admire your loyalty to the king of Deviluke, but what I hate the most is forcing someone to do things they don't want to. That's why I'm planning to win."

Lala: "Ryoto..."

Zastin: "Then let me tell you something as well. In our short exchange, I concluded that while you are a powerful warrior, you are still inexperienced. You move mostly on instinctively, but it looks like you didn't use your full capabilities. I still can't approve of your marriage to Lala-sama. A husband to Lala-sama can't be a spineless man. He will be the ruler of countless planets that are right now under king Deviluke's care, but if you managed to defeat me..."

Ryoto: "Say no more..."

There was a leaf flying between us. We decided to move at the time leaf would touch the ground. We didn't need to say it out loud to understand it.

We waited patiently for the leaf to land. With every sway, the tension rose, but both of us were oblivious to what Lala was doing. Even with All-Seeing Eyes of God, I'm still a human, and I was focused on both the leaf and Zastin.

The leaf finally reached the ground, and at that moment, we dashed at each other, but...

*BAM*

Zastin tripped but not because he was clumsy, but Lala deliberately tripped him.

Zastin: "What are you doing, Lala-sama?

As both of them were arguing, I heard something inside my head.

__________

*PING*

*QUEST FAILED*

Failure: You'll try to Rickroll on any possible occasion.

Duration of punishment: One week

__________

'Karen, what do you mean!! Wasn't a quest completed?'

Karen: "Is your reading comprehension so low? The quest said 'defeat Zastin in battle,' and the battle ended before it was concluded, so the quest ended in failure because you didn't defeat him. Did you understand everything, or are you too stupid to comprehend something so easy?"

'...I just asked, how was I supposed to know it?'

Karen: "Use your head."

Why do I even bother with her?

Lala: "I used the marriage as an excuse so I I wouldn't have to go back, at first that is but after hearing what Ryoto was saying and how hard he was fighting just for my freedom..."

Lala turned to me.

Lala: "I think I really can... marry you, Ryoto. I mean, I want to marry you!!!"

Ryoto: "Lala, We're no stranger to love. You know the rules, and so do I. A full commitment what I'm thinking of. You wouldn't get this from any other guy. I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling. Gotta make you understand. Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you."

'...'

Karen: "Hahahahahaha, I can't believe it worked so soon. I know you wanted it to end up like that, but it's still hilarious to witness a Rickroll in such a serious situation. And you know what's the best part. It's going to last for a week. Hahahahahahahaha."

What did I do to deserve a system like this?

As I was having a 'conversation' with Karen, Lala hugged my arm.

Lala: "I'm glad that you are feeling the same way. It's decided then."

Zastin: "I lost Earthling. It is my duty to follow king Deviluke's orders... Thus I was oblivious as to how Lala-sama felt, or rather, I knew but tried not to think about it, but you would risk fighting me for her freedom. I admit my loss. I don't know if the countless husband candidates from places all over the universe all agree with it, but I will report to king Deviluke myself... that we can entrust Lala-sama to you! You who not only truly understand Lala-sama's feelings but also feel the same way as her. Your words truly moved my heart...!"

And so he left, leaving Lala still hugging my arm between her bust that was 89 cm, by the way. I could easily see her three sizes with my eyes.

__________

*PING*

*TITLE ACQUIRED*

Title: "Fiance of a princess"

---

END

Discord server: https://discord.gg/cM4bwr5Q3z

151