The examination
3.7k 17 147
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ryoto's pov)

Yesterday was a productive day. I went on a date with Lala but Mikan because I embarrassed her too much last night she wanted to get even with me. We continued outing with Rito and Mikan tagging along with us. We ate some snacks, went to the arcade where I won a bunny plus for Lala, met up with Haruna, went to the aquarium where Lala made penguins too energetic. I also cockblocked Rito, so I call it a fun day. As a brother, I shouldn't do that, but as a fellow man, I'm disappointed.

Right now, I'm in front of Ryouko Mikado's house. She apparently lives in a mansion because I can't call it an ordinary house. She even had a gate.

I knocked on the door.

*Knock* *Knock*

Ryouko: "Come in!"

I went inside looking for Ryouko but couldn't see her anywhere near.

Ryouko: "I'm in the back!"

In the lab where we'll conduct our experiments, Ryouko was in her usual lab coat.

Ryoto: "So what kind of test are we going to do."

Ryouko: "I'm glad you asked. First, I thought about testing your eyesight and how much you can 'zoom'. We'll do tests on different kinds of materials to see if there are any differences. After that, I prepared a big monitor that will show the fast-moving object and see your limits in that regard. Then we'll combine these two experiments into one to see how many details you can see on fast-moving objects. Later we are going to look into your ability to see an aura. All of these will be performed in your active and inactive mode..."

Ryouko started mumbling about the experiment and didn't stop for a few minutes until she realized what had happened.

Ryouko: "*Cough* Excuse me."

Ryoto: "Don't worry about it, but you seem to be more excited about it than me."

Ryouko: "How couldn't I? Your eyes are uncategorized."

Ryoto: "?"

Ryouko: "Extraterrestrials species are universally categorized into humanoid, animalistic, plant types hybrid and uncategorized. You and I, for example, are humanoid, but your eyes are uncategorized. It's possible for having parts of your body to be categorized differently without the species being a hybrid. The first four types are self-explanatory, but uncategorized is a little different. It's the rarest of the groups, and we know the least about them. It's the dream of every scientist to examine them."

Ryoto: "In that case, shouldn't my eyes be categorized as humanoid? Sure they are more powerful than normal, but they have iris, sclera, pupils, and the rest after all."

Ryouko: "If all they could do is increase the power of your sight, then you would be right, but your power to control other people's sight and seeing aura makes them uncategorized."

Ryoto: "Does it mean that Devilukean tail is also uncategorized and not animalistic, but the race is humanoid?"

Ryouko: "You catch on quickly."

After an interesting lesson from Ryokou, we started testing.

I could see atoms when I focused with all my strength, but it overheated my eyes a little, so we needed to take a break earlier than we expected. But this experience helped me understand my limits better. There weren't any differences between different materials. I could see the same amount of details on every item. Without activating my eyes, I still could see a lot of, but you can't even make a comparison between the two.

However, the experiment with fast-moving objects on the screen didn't help me too much. I could follow items on a monitor up to maximum speed. I could even count how many pixels said objects had. Like before, I tried to do the same experiment with my eyes closed, and I still could follow everything just like earlier. Still, I couldn't describe what I saw at the quicker items.

Reading aura was a lot easier. Inactive mode, I could see and even follow it to find people. Ryouko's aura was green by the way. It reminded me of nature. While inactive, I couldn't see anything like that. It was expected, but still, it was better to test everything.

The only thing we didn't test was my ability to see the memories of my victim. I know that I'm capable of it, so I'll be able to use it when needed, but for now, no new information.

I also noticed that the stronger will and resistance of the target, the faster my eyes will overheat.

---

Ryouko: "I think we are done for now. I took some valuable data. While we didn't progress on how they work, we know some basic limits of them."

Ryouko was thrilled with the statistics and almost forgot that I was still there.

Ryoto: "If you have more time, can we do some more tests?"

Ryouko: "You mean your ability to climb walls like some kind of bug?"

Ryoto: "More like a spider, but how do you know about it?"

Ryouko placed her hand on her hip and swayed a bit.

Ryouko: "Well, you weren't the most discreet about it. You jumped out of your classroom, which is on the 3rd floor.

Oh yeah, I did do that. I completely forgot about it.

Ryoto: "Fair enough, but it's not the only thing I wanted to test."

Ryouko raised her eyebrow and showed some curiosity.

Ryoto: "Do you have a place to test my strength?"

Ryouko: "Yeah, some of my patients want to make sure they are in top form after a treatment."

It turned out I could lift up to 15 tons. Officially Spider-man is said to lift up only up to 10 tons, but his feats say otherwise. He lifted a tank at one point, and I'm sure they are heavier than that.

After that, I wanted to experiment with my spider-sense a little. I put on a blindfold. Funnily enough, I couldn't see through that. I could see through my eyelids just fine, but a thin piece of material is apparently a big no-no for All-Seeing Eyes of God.

Ryouko attacked me, and I dodged everything. Spider-sense warned me even about an attack that would not harm me in any way. Without a blindfold, it warned me only about an attack that would hurt me. In conclusion, spider-sense is more sensitive without my sense of sight.

Later on, it was time to test my crawling ability or, to be more precise, how hard was I sticking to the surface. I learned the obvious that I had better adhesion with my hands than my foot. I also learned that I could stick with my foot through socks but not shoes. I could also just stick with only my feet, but it was hard to do it.

---

At the end of the examination, Ryouko questioned my humanity as she had never seen a human like me before. She wanted to do more testing, but I decided to end it for today. I went directly home. As soon as I crossed the doorway, Lala jumped on me even before I could say anything.

Lala: "Ryoto, I need to show you something!"

She started dragging me upstairs. I saw Mikan in the kitchen, and she looked back at me. She then smiled.

Mikan: "Don't take too long. Dinner is almost ready."

Lala: "Ok!"

We needed up in my room, but Lala didn't stop there as she walked through my wardrobe and suddenly we were in some kind of laboratory.

Ryoto: "Lala, is that your-"

Lala: "Lab, yes. I used the special-ordered spatial system! I've ordered the necessary stuff from Deviluke, but it's not what I wanted to show you."

Lala rushed to the table and returned to me with something that looked like wrist protectors, but in reality, it was...

Ryoto: "Lala i-is that-?

Lala: "Yes once again. These two are your web-shooters. I named them web-shoot shoot-kun. For the webs, I decided to use Earth's material only. It's made of salicylic acid, toluene methanol, carbon tetrachloride, potassium carbonate, and ethyl acetate. The webbing is stored in these small containers that you need to refill from time to time."

Ryoto: "B-but we talked about just two days ago. How did you do it so fast?"

Lala: "You said it was for your protect yourself from the fiancee that will come after you, so I did it as fast as I could. The hardest part was the webbing, but I created something similar when I was younger, so I recreated it using Earth materials. Do you like it?"

At the end of the sentence, Lala seemed to talk quieter, as if she was unsure of her present.

Ryoto: "Do I like it? I love it!"

I picked up Lala in a hug and started spinning for a bit. Lala seemed to like it as she had a big smile the whole time we were spinning.

I stopped soon after and let her down. I opened my eyes and looked into hers. She did the same, and both of us didn't say anything until I decided to connect our lips with the kiss. At the same time, I brought her closer to me by hugging her waist with one of my arms.

Lala was surprised for a moment but started to enjoy it. At one point, she even opened her mouth wider and let my tongue inside, so the tame kiss has changed into a deep one. She even grabbed the back of my head so I couldn't back of not that I wanted.

When we finally separated, we both breathed heavily as we looked at each other's eyes.

Ryoto: "We should go back before Mikan gets mad."

Lala just nodded and went downstairs.

---

END

Discord server: https://discord.gg/cM4bwr5Q3z

147