Search begins
996 9 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ryoto's pov)

Sajin Komamura was the name on the recruitment paper. It seems that he wants to be part of my Division.

What an interesting turn of events. In about 150 years, he would become a Captain of this Division, but if nothing crazy happens in the future, he won't be able to take my place.

Hope I didn't jinx it but never mind that. I accepted Komamura in my Squad because why not.

---

I was finally done with my work. I swear I'm never going to touch it again in my life. That's what I have subordinates for.

But now that I was done with my punishment, I could focus on more important matters, that is, finding rings for the girls. I am aware that engagement rings aren't exactly common at the present time, but I wanted to give them something even if we won't marry.

I mean, Rin already uses my last name, but Yoruichi and Isane don't want to change their names. 

Regardless of everything else, we are family, and that won't change even if the world is going to end.

What doesn't change is that I plan on giving my girls a present. For Rin and Isane, I'll give rings as planned, but Yoruichi's gift is a bit tricky. Every time she turns into a cat, she losses her clothes. In other words, she is naked when in her cat form. Meaning, the ring would fall off her if she would transform while wearing one.

Maybe I should give her a collar that would change its size during transformation or be able to stretch a lot without being restrictive on the neck.

Speaking of rings and accessories, when I go back, I'll need to give one to Lala as well. She would be happy to be given one, and it wouldn't be fair to her otherwise.

For Kaede and Rio, it's too early, in my opinion. They are ordinary girls, after all. Maybe more deadly, but still normal. Alme is a mystery. I don't even know if they have a tradition like this on her planet. I'll talk with Jugemu about it.

Now that I think about it, won't I be technically an old man when I return? No, I should stop thinking about it. It'll only make everything weirder.

But now I should focus on Rin and Isane. I'll ask Kisuke about the collar. Knowing him, he'll find a solution to my problem in less than a week.

I went outside my office to get out of the barracks to start my search. On my way out, I greeted the members of my Squad, but most of them gave me a look like I was a bad guy.

At least they weren't nervous in front of me. I wonder what's that about. From what I remember, Kisuke, when he became Captain in the manga, got similar treatment from Hiyori, so maybe that's that. They only need to warm up to me.

---

I have no idea where I should get the rings. I mean, this tradition doesn't exist in present-day Japan, so of course, there isn't a shop that sells such rings. There are some rings here and there but no engagement rings, but maybe I'm thinking about it the wrong way.

Perhaps I should just skip engagement rings and find wedding rings. I mean, we are more of husband and wives than boyfriend and girlfriends, even if we won't marry.

I was walking around, and deep in my thoughts, I bumped into someone. I was still standing, but the one who bumped into me fell.

"Excuse me, I'm lost in thoughts..." The man on the ground said as he was massaging his head... even though he didn't hit it. Why do people do it?

"No, I'm to blame as well." I offered a hand to help him get up.

Now that I had taken a better look at this man, he looked familiar, but everything was telling me that it was not possible.

Byakuya Kuchiki but something wasn't right. He was far too... expressive. Now that I think about it, I have seen him before.

Seeing me, the Byakuya-looking guy widened his eyes but smiled shortly after. He probably recognized me.

"If it isn't Captain Yuuki. It's rare to see you around the barracks of Squad 6."

I looked around, and I really was near Squad 6 barracks. It seems that I was deeper in my thoughts than I thought. I don't even know why I'm thinking about it that much. I am aware that they would be happy with whatever I am going to give them, but that makes me want to gift them something incredible even more.

"Ah, forgive me. I have yet to introduce myself to you formally. I'm Sojun Kuchiki, lieutenant of the 6th Division."

I see. I don't know this man. He probably is Byakuya's father. He looks like him, after all, and by the rules of the anime world, if a character even remotely looks like another, they must be related. Just look at Kaien and Ichigo.

"Ryoto Yuuki, Captain of 7th Division, but you already know it by the way you called me. Sorry for walking in. I was thinking about some stuff, and my legs brought me here."

"Don't worry about it. I was also in deep thought. You see, my wife is pregnant, and I found out about it today. It makes me nervous thinking about becoming a father."

"Women problem? Tell me about it. My girlfriends and I are trying for children, but that's not the problem... at the moment. I was thinking about giving them some accessories to signify our relationship. I heard that it's a custom in the west and I liked the idea. The problem is that I don't know anything about accessories."

Hearing me, he blinked a few times, not knowing how to answer. He probably got stuck on a 'girlfriends' part.

"You don't need to worry about my small rant. It was nice meeting you and all, but I'll keep going and see if I can figure out my problem."

"If you want to, I can help you with it."

And so the savior arrived.

"You would do that?"

Hearing my question, he smiled gently.

"I don't see why not."

---

END

Discord server: https://discord.gg/HB2DweuG4J

47