Agreement
796 2 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ryoto's pov)

It was another standoff between Yoruichi's mother and myself until she snapped her fingers. At her signal, all the ninjas around me scattered instantly.

"In that case, I don't mind~."

Her whole mood did a 180 turn once more, and nothing was left of her serious side. I just can't get a read on her.

"I'll be counting on you, and remember that just because Yoruichi is your lover, I won't go easy on you with the missions that I'll assign you~."

I took a glance at Yoruichi, who was left speechless. She probably didn't expect her mother to agree to, let's be honest, demand.

"Mom, are you serious?"

"Of course I am, honey. I'm going to be honest, I don't really care either way, but I needed to see what kind of man Ryo-chan is. If he backed down, I would've personally kicked him out as fast as possible, but I didn't expect him to be so imposing for someone this young. If only I was 200 years younger..."

Hearing that, her husband snapped his head to look at her with his eyes wide open, and then he glared at me as if I was a threat to him. He feels threatened... by his daughter's lover... because his wife joked that she would go after him if she was younger... He is beyond help.

But at least we are done with this. I said my goodbyes, thanked them for the tea, said it was great but could be sweeter, and left with Yoruichi.

(Yoshiho's pov)

My daughter wanted to meet her boyfriend to meet my husband and me, but I wasn't expecting him to be a monster like that.

When I heard that Yoruichi was pregnant and they didn't plan to marry, or rather they refused to marry each other so their child won't be part of the clan, and we couldn't have that. I love my daughter, but there are things I can't allow her to do. She is talented, and I'm sure her children will be as well.

I was ready to force Ryoto by scaring him a bit, but I wasn't ready for his counterattack. I was sure there was a monster behind him as he released his bloodlust.

When he and Yoruichi left, I finally let out a breath that I didn't even notice I held. I also was sweating.

"Are you alright"

My husband, Horito, asked me.

"Yeah, don't worry."

"But was it wise to let them do whatever they want?"

I looked at him as if he was an idiot. I love him, but... he isn't the sharpest person I know. Scrap that. He is at the bottom of the list of people I would take advice from. It took a lot of convincing from me to allow him into the family.

"Even if we somehow forced him to be part of our clan, it would be like keeping a wild animal on a thin leash. Just plain stupid and dangerous. He would destroy us from the inside sooner or later to protect what he wants to protect, and there's nothing worse than father's wrath. You should know that."

"I know that... but I still don't like him!" He folded his arms, pouting.

How cute.

(Ryoto's pov)

That was... productive... I think. I mean, the negotiation was successful, so I can complain. Once again, threatening someone solved my problems. Might over brains is it how this saying goes. If not, it should.

As I was returning home with Yoruichi, we were stopped by someone.

"Wait!!!"

I turned back, and Yoruichi did the same to see the little girl who was a little too eager to kill me. She still looked like she wanted to stab me.

"How can I help you?"

I didn't get an answer but only an angry stare.

Should I burst my clothes? Nah, I'll wait for what she wants first, but she really looks familiar. If not for the cloth around her face, I would probably recognize her.

"I don't like you." Those were the first words she ever said to me. How charming.

"You disrespect the Shihoin clan and her excellency, and for this offense, you should face death, but I'm not here for that. I want you to open your eyes."

"And can I ask you why?"

"...I'm searching for a man that I want to no, I will kill."

I could feel hatred in her voice, and some gear started moving inside my head, and if I was right, then it was bad... mostly for my psyche.

"It's not polite to ask someone to show their eyes before you show your face first."

I got glared again, but she looked at Yoruichi, who just shrugged her shoulder and nodded.

At this, the little girl pulled down the cloth that hid her face, and it clicked. It was Soi Fon. A lot younger than what I know of her, but I'm sure it was her, and if she was looking for people's eyes together with her surname and her age, it could mean only one thing. One terrible thing. Yan Fon was Soi Fon's mother, and Soi Fon was the little girl that I saw that night. And it looks like I gave Soi Fon a big reason to get stronger and probably a lot of issues.

"A deal is a deal."

I slowly opened my eyes, revealing... an ordinary pair of blue eyes.

Soi Fon stared into my eyes, maybe trying to see something more than the eye can see but after she had enough, she pulled up her cloth, bowed to Yoruichi, but not me, and left.

I'm glad that I asked Kisuke for the eye contacts that hide my eyes, although it won't hide them if I use their powers. It's good enough for now. I still have my eyes closed, though. It became a habit, and undoing this habit could be dangerous in the future.

"Are you alright?" Yoruichi asked me.

"Hmm, what do you mean?"

"You were shaken by this girl's face. You would fool others but not your girlfriends. Something happened between you and her."

I thought that I didn't show any emotions seeing Soi Fon, but it seems that I'm an open book for my loved ones.

Now the question is if I should tell Yoruichi about what I did. I probably should. I trust her with my life. 20 years isn't a short time, and I know her well enough to know that if I shared this secret with her, it would stay with her if I asked her.

"*Sigh* Let's talk somewhere else."

We went to a place that is very important to me that I visit yearly since I felt it was appropriate.

---

END

Discord server: https://discord.gg/HB2DweuG4J

46