Uncle Zangetsu
958 3 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ryoto's pov)

After the kids went to sleep, I called for a meeting in the living room and explained the situation that occurred today during the training.

"It will bring a lot of problems..." Rin pondered.

"True, and that's why we need to prepare them for most of the trouble that will come. Especially Yukima. If, for example, Central 46 gets wind of that, they will likely want to either experiment on her, lock her down or execute her. Long story short, blood will be spilled if anyone tries anything with any of my children."

I looked around, and I didn't see any disagreement on their faces. I was expecting them to agree with me, but it's still reassuring knowing that they'll have my back in whatever I'm planning. And it would work the other way around as well. We trust each other a lot, after all.

"But it's good that we won't have to repeat what we did with you," Yoruichi said, and she was right. I was aware of the risk of trying to complete Zangetsu's Hollow part completely.

That's why I asked Rin, Yoruichi, Isane, and Kisuke to help immobilize me. Before we began, Rin connected me to a small pebble and put it under a boulder without crushing it to make me feel like, said boulder was placed on my back. Then to make it even more difficult to move, Kisuke used some high-level Kido to bind me.

It helped a lot to restrain me and bought a lot of time until I 'beat' Zangetsu, although the group still needed to fight me and injured me.

That's why Isane was there to heal me up.

Fun times.

"But we still need to be careful with Akio and Masaru. It's still possible for either or both of them to awaken this power." I added. "But enough of this serious talk. Let's go have some time tomorrow."

"What about the children? Komamura-san is busy tomorrow from what I heard, and I doubt Captain Commander has time for babysitting."

Isane asked, at which I grinned.

"I've got a perfect person in mind."

(3rd pov)

"So kids, behave and listen to uncle Zangetsu unless he does something stupid, which most likely will have something to do with fighting. In that case, listen to Masaru. Akio, don't try to fight with Yukima, and Yukima, don't antagonize Akio too much. That's all, have fun!"

With all that said, Ryoto and his lovers left home with a dumbfounded Zangetsu. Even though he was somehow expecting it to happen, he thought that Ryoto wouldn't go with that plan. In every way, Gyaku was a better choice.

He was standing there until he felt someone pulling his clothes.

It was Akio.

"Are you dad's twin? You look exactly like dad, but your skin and hair are white. Also, you don't have glasses."

"He didn't explain anything to you?"

The children shook their heads, and the only thing inside Zangetsu's head was annoyance at Ryoto at the moment.

"Explaining everything would be annoying, but the only thing you need to know is that I'm your dad's Zanpakuto."

"So you're dad's sword? What can you do? Are you strong? Is mom's Zanpakuto stronger?" Yukima jumped at the opportunity to ask the question. Aggressive, one may add.

Zangetsu was not really overwhelmed but didn't feel like answering her question but hearing, if he was stronger than Yoruichi's Zanpakuto, made him answer Yukima.

"I'm obviously stronger! You can't easily find a better Zanpakuto than myself unless they use strange abilities! And maybe Gyaku. She could be terrifying if she wasn't so soft... but that's what makes her... her."

The last part was said in a quiet voice and a small gentle smile formed on his face, but it quickly disappeared before anyone noticed it.

"Okay... but what can you do? Can you use fire!? Ice!? Any other elements!? Some other power!?" She made different poses and movements to showcase what she was talking about.

Zangetsu summoned himself in his hand, although the colours on the blade were reversed.

"That right here is me, and as you can see, I'm a big and powerful blade. I also can shoot out Reiatsu with a swing of the blade. Awesome, right!?"

Zangetsu was saying all of that with a lot of pride in his voice, but unfortunately for him, some children couldn't appreciate his simplicity and strength.

"That's all? Lame! You look like a big kitchen knife, haha!" Yukima said and ran off to do something entirely different as she got bored of this conversation already and searched for the next thing that would get her attention.

At that time, on Zangetsu's forehead, a vein popped out and he was ready to spank this annoying brat since it looked like her father didn't do it enough... or at all since he knew that Ryoto wouldn't raise his hand on his children in any situation unless they did something really unforgivable, but he was stopped.

"Uncle Zangetsu, if that makes you feel better, I think you are really cool."

Masaru tried to cheer up Zangetsu, but it only made him feel worse since it sounded like he was pitying him.

Knowing, however, Masaru's nature Zangetsu calmed down and took a deep breath.

'Don't get mad at them. They are just stupid kids... stupid kids are what they are.' Zangetsu was trying to tell himself that.

Once again, Zangetsu felt a pull, and thus the time it was Akio.

"Uncle Zangetsu, I'm hungry. Can you make us some food?"

"...Fine, follow me. You all need to help. Call Yukima as well otherwise, she won't get any food. The one who doesn't work doesn't eat."

---

"No, it doesn't work like this!"

"Stop using this pan! It's only for pancakes!"

"Yukima, get down from there!"

"How many times do I need to explain how to cut vegetables!? I could train a dog to do that, and it doesn't have thumbs!"

Zangetsu had a lot of difficulties with taking control of the kids, but he somehow managed to prepare a decent meal, although the kitchen suffered a fate worse than death.

'It's Jacob's problem now. My only job is to watch over these brats and not take care of this tragedy called kitchen!'

Zangetsu felt better knowing that he caused some trouble for Ryoto, as he was still annoyed that he left him with his kids.

It wasn't pettiness. It was justice.

"Wow, Uncle Zangetsu! It's almost as delicious as dad's cooking!" Yukima praised the food that they helped make, but Zangetsu wasn't happy with that praise.

"Almost?"

"Yeah, almost. Dad's cooking is the best, after all!"

"...Whatever."

Zangetsu was silently sulking. It was his first actual loss against Ryoto, and it didn't sit right with him.

'I'm never going to tell him that.'

"Uncle Zangetsu, can we go play outside?" Akio asked.

"I have a better idea. Let's go to Bya-chan's place! I'll show him the results of my training!"

As the kids tried to decide between themselves where they should go, as if it was already decided that they'll go play outside, Zangetsu was considering getting a leash for at least Yukima.

'I'll get Jacob for putting me in this situation. I don't know how he can handle these brats."

(Ryoto's pov)

The four-way date was fun, but we all decided to return earlier. I hope that at least my home isn't destroyed, although Gyaku reassured me that everything will be fine and Zangetsu makes for a better babysitter than I think.

I knew that everything was going to be alright, and with Zangetsu, children would be safe. I don't know about the house, though, but at least it's replaceable.

---

We walked inside the house, and the living room was pretty messed up, we saw Zangetsu sleeping on the couch and all three children sleeping peacefully next to or on him.

I would take a photo if I could. Unfortunately, cameras aren't invented yet. Shame.

But in any way, I could see that Zangetsu was, after all, a great babysitter.

---

END

Discord server: https://discord.gg/HB2DweuG4J

48