81. Whiskey Peak
1.7k 4 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Going Merry was ready to sail again after Ken gave a quick check on everything. Entering the Grand Line was still a little harsh for Merry and there were scratches around the hull of the ship. Ken always paid attention of the hull. He needed it to be intact no matter what untill Water 7. Only then hey could remodel the ship.

By now the crew mates had understood that Ken was obsessed with Merry and thus everyone paid attention to Merry. Of course, Luffy was excluded from the group. With the unconscious duo, the Straw-Hats set their sail to the next island which was probably Whiskey Peak.

"The Grand Line is very dangerous and the weather will change very fast. So don't treat it like East Blue." Ken reminded everyone and as if the Gods in order to prove what Ken said was correct changed the weather very fast.

The sky was clear in one moment and in the next moment hail started to fall desperately. Nami had to conjure a defense magic so that Merry wasn't in any way damaged.

"Oi Kenny.. change the weather." Nami shouted.

"I am not a weather machine. I will just make thunderstorms and make the situation worse."

"Than you are useless."

Ken just shrugged his shoulders. While the crew was running around making sure the ship was sailing in the right direction, Vivi and his partner woke up. Seeing that they were being tied made them fear.

"Who.. Who are you guys?"

"We?.. We are the Straw Hats. Who are you?"

"Miss Wednesday..."

"Mr. 9.."

"What a weird name."

"Baka.. This is a code name.. What is your real name?"

"This is our real name."

"Tell the truth already."

The duo started arguing with Zoro, Luffy and Ussop while Sanji had a heart eye as he was already falling for Vivi. Ken and Nami just shook their heads looking at the whole drama. Ken didn't bother to care about this and went into training mode again.

Mastering Armament Haki was really tough and it was apparent when Ken had started, There was almost no progress in his Armament Haki and his hands could hardly remain in Haki form for a stable amount of time.

But he also knew that he wasn't as capable and talented as Luffy and his crew. he could only take one step at a time and progress. The weather got increasingly bad and the duo were then forced to help the Straw Hats in order to stablise the ship.

Vivi was impressed how easily Nami was able to predict the weather and was more surprised to see how things worked in the ship. There were utensils and things that seemed to have their own mind and worked. Hell, when the snow poured heavily on the ship, several brooms came down to clean everything.

She had never heard of any Devil fruit that could allow someone to do that but she didn't ask as she felt the crew had a good heart and it was better to just stay away.

The ship sailed for few more days before reaching, the island of Whiskey Peak. The island of Bounty Hunters. Before they could reach the shores of Whiskey Peak, both Vivi and Mr. 9 escaped. Luffy was going to bring them back when Ken stopped him.

"They want to kill Laboon. I will not let them go."

"They can't go anywhere and will be in this island. You can again catch them. The people on board are a little tired and they would need rest."

Luffy thought for a second and then just let it be. He and Ken could walk on water so it was easier for them to catch but Vivi needed to meet Igaram, the Royal guard of the Nefertari family, code named Mr. 8 and the person who generally handled the affairs of Whiskey Peak.

After a few minutes the ship docked on the harbor of Whiskey Peak and they were given a grand welcome by the people. Igaram himself came forward and gave them a warm welcome with food and drinks. Everyone was surprised by this except for Ken.

Nami was apprehensive from the start but still joined the party. Ken had a very high tolerance to alcohol anyways, thanks to the body of Thor so he wouldn't get stoned easily. In fact his tolerance level surpassed Nami who could drink multiple jars of alcohol.

"These people are so good."

"Yess.... I am so happy Luffy.. Can we stay here?" Sanji said as he was surrounded by many beauties.

"Please stay here. We will be more than happy to leave you here." Zoro commented while he gulped down a jar.

"What did you say?"

"You heard me right."

"Ma-ma please don't fight and enjoy our specialties." Igaram came and helped them with more food and drink. Luffy was having the time of his life as he was basically consuming the food faster than the cooks could make.

Ken just looked at them and smiled. The party was extravagant and he was happy seeing the crew smile and were happy. They partied the whole evening and by the night many was finally asleep. They had been on the ship for quite sometime so the Straw Hat crew was definitely tired.

Of course not everyone was asleep. Ken, Zoro and Nami just pretended to be asleep. It was late at night when Igaram and other high members came to see their new fishes.

"How could these people have such high bounties. It doesn't make sense."

"Yes. They have higher bounties than some of the Sichibukai."

"Black foot Sanji - 50 million bellies,

Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro - 55 million bellies,

Sniper Usopp - 60 million bellies

Punisher Kenny - 120 million bellies

Straw -Hat Luffy - 120 million bellies."

After what had happened at Arlong base there had been new bounties for Sanji, Usopp and Zoro. Usopp had a higher bounty because he was the one who took Arlong down and that too in the water itself. And so the Navy thought him to be more powerful. This gave him a bounty as Nezumi took the words of Ken as gospels and told the Navy headquarters.

 

Announcement
Read 30 chapters ahead on my patreon
69