87. Little garden
1.6k 2 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With three new 'crew' members the ship sailed further. Of course, the ship sailed according to the Log Pose of Nami towards the new island, also known as Little Garden. In order to make sure that Robin didn't do anything that would harm the ship, Nami used magic to tie the hands of Robin, but Ken asked her not to do so as it was useless because of her fruit. But when Nami did use magic, It blew away the mind of Robin. She had never seen magic and was particularly intrigued about this and asked her.

It was there Robin came to know that Nami learnt magic from books. Nami was of course very much careful with her words as she didn't want to release the secret of Ken. Ken's devil fruit was outrageous and even Luffy who was never good with lies, learnt how to lie.

The character of Hiruzen had played his part on him and thus Luffy wasn't a simpleton as he once was. Of course, his general characteristics didn't change but when it came to many important things he knew what he could do and what he couldn't.

"Can I see the books?"

"No." Nami denied as she thought showing her the books would be an invasion of privacy.

"She can look at the books." Ken inserted his comments in the middle.

"Eh! Why? She is an enemy."

"She just wants to read books. It's not like she knows magic."

"Are you sure?" Nami was confused why Ken was so casual with Robin. It happened during Vivi's capture too. He was too casual when it came to prisoners. Before he could answer he got distracted by Luffy.

"Oye Ken. See.. This turtle is so awesome." Luffy shouted from the sea where was playing with Banchi. Usopp too had joined him in this fun by standing on air itself. He had been learning some small moves and thus standing on air too came quite easily for him. Robin and others were again amazed by this. Usopp's power was still a mystery and she had never seen anyone in her life with Devil Fruit that could stand on water.

Even the marines who were known to have Rokushiki didn't know anything about it. This crew was more mysterious than she thought. Meanwhile, Ken just brought out books of magic and gave it to Robin to study. Since Ken was okay with sharing the books, Nami didn't mind.

All the books related to magic and nothing that could speak about history or culture. Robin was not a member of Straw-Hats yet. When she would be ready, then she would let her have more knowledge that she so craved for everyday.

Vivi still had a stinky face but didn't speak more with Robin and just helped Nami with her navigation and painting work. Igaram too helped where the Straw-Hats were required. The ship sailed for quite some days before they could see the outline of the island that they were going to set their feet on.

As they sailed near to the island Ken announced to the whole crew.

"Before you start on your adventure and find out about the island. Some things I want to mention, you can hunt the local animals of this place but under no circumstances will you go for the plants and water of this place. This place is an ancient island which belonged to the times when dinosaurs roamed free so the ecosystem is different. There may be bacteria and viruses here that could prove fatal for you. We don't have a doctor on this ship so if anyone is bitten by a random parasite, we will not be able to save you."

"Eh?"

"Huh!"

"So many words. I didn't understand one bit."

"Sanji, you understood what I said. Yes?"

"Hai. Kill the animals but not the plants."

"Close enough."

"Everyone will be fully clothed when they get to the island so that no parasites or bugs can bite you. Treat this island like a winter island. Is that clear?"

"Hai.."

Ken was ready with his pitch forks to combat the diseases of this island. Kestia was just one of the diseases that Nami contracted. He didn't want another random disease that could kill his crew mates in a matter of seconds. Their bodies weren't like his, which could purge the diseases by itself.

Robin also nodded her head with the words of the Vice-Captain. It seemed like there was someone in the ship who was learned and not exactly an idiot like the Captain acted.

The ship anchored on the shore of the island and almost everyone embarked on their journey. Well, almost everyone as Igaram had decided to stay to look over Robin so that she didn't run away. Of course, Robin didn't mind that as she was too engrossed in knowing the world of magic. What Ken gave were some books on various plants and some books on how magic worked.

Even that was interesting to Robin so he was just sitting on the deck and reading them. Meanwhile, Ken had already used his Haki to find out the location of his target. But with Mr. 3 and Miss Golden week was another person.

The one person who Robin didn't expect. Mr. 2, Bon-clay. The guy that helped save the life of Luffy multiple times and even helped them escape in the end. Ken had immense respect for this guy and since his character completion he could now hear the words of Bon clay and Mr. 3 from far just like Enel.

"Why are you here Mr. 2? I am enough for these two giants."

"Who cares about your giants. 2 of the officer agents are missing and even Miss All-Sunday had just vanished. I am here to see if she is here." Mr. 2, Bon-clay spoke in his unique voice.

"Why will she be here?"

"According to the billions of Baroque Works that were stationed in Whiskey Peak, a pirate crew that went by the name of Straw-Hats had arrived there a few days ago and wreaked havoc."

"Oh, some third rate pirate crew did that. That's a surprise."

"No, I have seen the posters of the men who belonged to that crew. The Captain known as Straw-Hat Monkey D. Luffy and the vice-captain known as Monkey D. Kenny have a bounty of 120 million each."

Announcement
read 34 more chapters on my patreon
65