Chapter 8: What a beautiful world!
721 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Birds are chirping.

The wind is singing.

Plant green and brimming with life.

The park is lovely. Nature is a wonderland.

Oh, our planet Hearthea is in harmony. Bless the author. All these wonderful people. I am lucky to be alive.

Was the sky always this beautiful?

Were clouds always filled with such meaning?

I contemplate. I search inside my soul.

Oh, what a beautiful life. Life’s grace touches me to my core. My very being.

I bring out a cigar and put it in my mouth. Of course, such extraordinary events need special items.

“Can I have one, mister?” says a kid to me.

“Course you can. Here, have the entire box.”

I gave him the box of goodies. Generosity oozes out of me. Enlightened by recent events, I realize that life is about sharing. Caring. Loving. The kid smiles. He thanks me and leaves while skipping. Oh, the joys in life.

I bite at the cigar in my mouth and eat it. Strawberry and chocolate flavors spread in my mouth. Sweet. Tasty. I take a deep breath. Hmm… this air is lovely. If I were to describe it in colors, I would say it’s black. I cough.

An engine sound whirs. It is loud. Not the sound you want to hear inside a park.

The car stops. It parks near me. A sports car from a respected brand. All black in contrast with the surrounding. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

A man leaves his car. Black suit, black shades and a bald head. That was his whole aesthetic.

A lot of eyes are on him. The people grew curious about this man.

I’m pretty sure this place didn’t allow cars entry. I message a number.

The man looks around a bit and finds his target. A woman who was jogging earlier.

“Hello! Can I ask your name?”

Is he here to pick up women?

The woman looks confused. She didn’t answer.

“Oh! I’m sorry. I was rude. Here’s my business card.” After handing her the business card, he continues.

“I am a senior agent. An explorer, if you will. I work for G.C. Entertainment.”

Oh? That’s a great agency. They were part of the top 100 agencies in the world. An agency that’s famous for scouting their talents. Their actors and singers are very popular.

“You’re scouting me!” she says. The woman looks delighted.

Image

[collapse]

I focus on the woman. She’s someone that a top 100 agency wants to scout. Her body is fit, and she has a pretty face. I’m not a pervert. Research. This is for research.

Hmm… compared to Saori, she’s a lot of levels below. Lucine is also better. It might be my bias showing, though. Let’s dig deeper.

I analyze her deeper. My brain crunches numbers. I was always good at this. Gears turn inside my mind. The essence of beauty. What people like. How unique and refreshing one is. Many questions pop into my head. All answered.

My head throbs. I keep focus. Powering through! The result appears in my head. It says: Great looks! You should talk to her!

Oh! That’s amazing. A lot of actors and singers have a similar description. Most of the actors I’ve seen are part of splendid shows. She must be a significant find.

When I scanned Lucine this morning. Her description was: Other people envy your looks! She’s like your sister, though. So that makes it hotter.

What even was that description?

Saori’s description is amazing: Looks that bring empires and dynasties to dust! I can’t believe I married her! Let’s have fun again!

I agree with that description. One thousand percent. My agency hit the jackpot.

By the way. If I ‘scan’ other people, the most common result is: Looks unique, just like everyone else. Let’s pass by. Dewey’s scan result is similar: Looks unique. Just like the others. He’s your brother, though. Say he’s better than others.

I did not follow that advice. He needs to know the hard truth.

It feels nice to do this again. It has a small drawback. This process hurts my head. Doing it too many times will lead to a severe headache.

After that fantastic experience, though, I felt cleansed. All the accumulated pain is gone. My toe does not feel like it’s forever swollen from that one time I hit my desk. Even the constant pain from my spear is gone! A slight headache? Please. That’s baby mode. This pain is nothing compared to before. I can handle this. Easy.

Yes, my spear of destruction is still primed and ready for battle. But I’m enjoying a pain-free life for now. How much longer this will last? I do not know. Let’s enjoy it while it lasts. I should focus more on this situation. I’ll learn more about scouts this way.

My ability is not all powerful. I can only scan looks. Not how well they can sing, dance or act. Regardless, having this ability is still a blessing.

“I believe you are a perfect fit for our agency,” says the man.

“Do I audition somewhere?” she asks.

“Go to this address and show them my business card. They’ll know what to do.”

“Thank you! Thank you for this opportunity!”

“Take advantage of it. I look forward to your success.” both of them shake hands.

I inspect her again and notice her hair. Each strand is perfect with the right amount of shine and gloss. I didn’t notice at first. Her tight outfit that highlights her curves distracts me… I blame instincts. I am a married man with a pure heart. Dedicated to my wife.

My wife. I miss her already. Spending time together…

Stop. I have to calm down. The day is not over yet.

“Prepare yourself. It can be tough. I know you can succeed,” says the scout.

“Thank you. It’s been tough without an agency.”

“Really? That’s odd. Other scouts should have scouted you.”

“Let’s just say that I’ve been waiting for a bigger fish.” she winks at him.

“I like your confidence!” he laughs.

“Once again, thank you!”

Pumped up and motivated. She started sprinting towards the park’s exit.

The senior agent smiled at that. Looks like he’s sure that she will succeed. He must have quite the eye for talent.

I see him walk to his car. The door opens, and he sits inside. An engine sound starts.

I see two people walk to his car. One of them knocks on the window.

“Bring down your car window, sir.”

“What is it, officer?” the senior agent answers.

They arrived on time.

“Sir, you may not drive here. You could have injured people and animals, sir.”

“Uh. I’m sorry.”

“You are coming with us to the station.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll have someone tow your car,” says the other officer.

They bring him out. The senior agent’s ears and cheeks grow red.

A walk of shame. Straight to the station.

I put my phone back in my pocket.

What a wonderful day!

12