Chapter 13: Path of the Harem
496 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I always believed in you.” Saori’s fourth mother pats my shoulder as she says that line. A line full of lies. You were my biggest doubter before!

The family members are watching us. They usher us inside. Me, Saori and Lucine.

Not even a year into our marriage, and I’m already bringing another woman. I’m not even worried about any opposition. Says a lot about this family. Says a lot about me as well. I’ve changed. Corrupted. Upgraded?

Upgraded? Why did I think of that? They changed me. My morals must have degraded. I hope not all of it turns to ashes.

We sat down at the table with Saori’s parents.

“Oh! Saori Honey, you’re pregnant. It seems you guys hid this from us. You got pregnant before marrying,” says third mom to us.

“Mom! That wedding night was our first and I am not pregnant,” says Saori.

“How are you not pregnant? Your belly is bigger than when I was pregnant,” says second mom.

“It’s true, mom. We had a check-up. They said it’s a special case,” I say to her. If you’re wondering why I still refer to them as first, second, third or fourth mom. When I ask for their names, they tell me to just call them mom and to add their order if it’s confusing.

“Oh. Okay, so let’s talk about your marriage with miss Lucine,” says second mom, getting to the point.

“How about you introduce yourself, dear? I believe we had a chat when we were eating at your brother’s wedding before?” says her first mom to Lucine.

“Step-brother, right? Were you stuck in a washing machine?” says her fourth mom, to Lucine.

“Yes, we uh met there… No…” Lucine was blushing. Finding it hard to respond.

“Do not tease my sister too much. I dragged her into this. Of course, she agreed, right?”

Saori gives her a teasing smile.

“I think it’s fine and well. Imagine if there was a professor, one couldn’t keep his hands off his student. A married professor. Then he waits until the student was 6 months pregnant before telling his wife. I appreciate honesty in a relationship,” says her first mom.

“Hypothetically, that student was afraid because the wife of her beloved professor was someone who practically raised her. I saw how hard she worked. Instead of being in school, she worked for our food. That student, I mean,” says her second mom.

“Oh, maybe she should have trusted her big sister instead? Tell me even before pining for my husband? Her husband I mean.”

“I was young! I was in love, but was also terrified of you hating me.” She went in for a hug.

“I understand, sis. There. There. My husband, the one I trusted to tutor my sister but tutored her differently, should have told me then.”

Image

1nhy3a.png

[collapse]

Father was using his right to remain silent.

“Well, let’s get back on topic! Let us girls discuss the plans for the wedding. Husband has something to say to our dear son-in-law,” says her third mom.

They left. It was only me and father now. Sitting. Quiet. Awkward.

“Uh… father, did you, really?”

“No, she was in on it. She won’t let me tell her sister the truth.”

“Why not?”

“It’s hot, she says.”

First mom, isn’t this blackmail?

“Atlas. I see you have taken the same path as me in your relationships. Are you committed to this?”

“I wouldn’t say I planned for this. I love both Saori and Lucine. To make the both of them happy and satisfied is my goal.”

Sounds pretty scummy, to be honest.

“While our starts and goals may differ, ultimately we walk the same path.” He brings his hands down on the table. It makes a sound, then light envelops the table. The lights form into shapes and lines. There are portraits of people. It looks like a family tree.

“Men of different backgrounds desire to make a harem. This want does not discriminate. Most fail. The few that succeed cannot maintain them. Talent, fame and riches are not enough to maintain success. They need to have luck, fate and the author’s hand on their side!”

“What about the kings of the past?”

“The word may have originated there. But we both know that’s not your goal. A backyard full of women who don’t love you and cheat whenever they have the chance is not the true harem we seek.”

That’s right! I want love and respect in our relationship.

“Teach me, father!”

“I will show you the path of the harem. There is no guarantee of success. I can only share it. It is up to fate if you will succeed.”

He points at a portrait on the table.

“This is me. My father shared this blessing with me when I was young. He, too, had a harem. Look here, below me. That’s my son. He also received the blessing.”

“What does it do?”

“It’s mysterious, but everyone who receives this blessing or is born with this blessing will succeed in his pursuit of the harem.”

“Is it like a lucky charm? I don’t get how it will help me.”

“Handed down to many generations. We know some of its effects. Such as improved looks and improved stamina.”

Sure, that helps, but I’ve already got those in spades.

“It also helps you understand what your women really wants to say.”

Such power!

“Show me how to get this power! Father!”

The lights converge into the middle of the table. A small circle of light remains.

“Place your hand and grab that light! After that, it is up to fate. I have tried to share this power with others. Only one has succeeded.”

“I will be the second one to succeed!”

I grab the light. My hand passes through it, not feeling any resistance at all. Then the light grew brighter and enters my body. My body was now glowing with light!

The lights converge into a single point. Moving down to my crotch area, ending up on my balls. Brighter it shines and then in an instant the light disappears.

My body now feels lighter. I’m refreshed and filled with energy. All my doubts about this blessing are gone.

“Congratulations. You now walk the path of the harem.”

“Thank you, father. I can already see a difference!”

“I look forward to your growth. Also, the growth of your harem.”

Wait. I’m adding more?


If you find typos, please tell me.

7