Chapter 18: Isn’t this going too well?
328 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am now driving Saori to the auditions. Lucine would’ve been against it. We had no choice. She offered to ‘take care of me’, so I took her up on it. Can I even call myself a man if I didn’t?

There are some consequences, though. She can’t do much, so I do all her tasks. Plus, we have Saori here pouting and refusing to talk to me at all. Wearing big sunglasses and a scarf that covers her face like a mask. She’s jealous about the whole thing.

“Why are you like this again? You agreed to this,” I say to her.

We got delayed because of her already. She joined in on one of our sessions and that’s a week gone. Why did I not stop her, you say? I think we should realize by now that’s not in my DNA.

“Why are we doing this, anyway? Can you not make love like a normal person?” says Saori.

“You realize I went to doctors about this, right? Plus, do you even want me to do it ‘normal?’”

“NO!”

What a great reaction. Way to boost my ego. I love you so much.

“I am sad that I will be celibate for about six months,” says Saori

“It’s just as sad for me, you know? Plus, you talk like you’ve already passed this audition,” I say.

“I am confident that I will pass.”

I give her a small poke on the head.

“Don’t be so arrogant, you’re a newbie actress with an unknown agency.”

“Ow. But you keep telling me I am better looking than all the other participants.”

“There is still an acting part.”

“This director, Mr. Rolando Otis, is famous for casting good-looking people even if they are less skilled actors. He gets props because the actors’ acting improves as his shows go on.”

Can’t argue with that. Plus, the production company gave him lots of powers this time. To be honest, I think she’ll get hired as soon as the director sees her.

He’s quite famous and a lot of stars started from his shows, so he has a lot of connections. He works with newbies to get new pretty faces, as he appreciates visual beauty a lot. That’s why he has quite a lot of duds for a famous director. Sometimes pretty faces can’t act no matter what you try.

“You better reward me after this is done,” says Saori.

“Why? This is your dream, and I signed you on as a talent already.”

“I changed. I want to be a housewife. We can stay together all the time.”

What! That’s a splendid dream! Maybe we should ditch this audition?

“Got you! I was just joking.”

Betrayer! Don’t joke about those things!

“Just make it up for me. You know this has been my dream since childhood.”

“I’ll make it up to you with a six months break after finishing this show. We can just have fun together.”

A break with lots of ‘fun times’. I’m joking. Of course, a six months break for a newbie actress is ridiculous.

“Oh, I like that. Alright.”

“You serious?”

“Why?”

She looks at me with a puzzled face. Is her childhood dream this shallow? Why am I the one controlling myself? I’m supposed to be the one out of control in this relationship!

“One month break. That’s all.”

She agrees with my proposal. One month is still a long time. But that’s already the best I can do. I tried my best!

We arrive at the location. I notice something weird: there are people waiting for us outside. Mr. Rolando is in the center with two umbrellas covering him. He looks like an average very fir middle aged man. He looks good for a forty-year-old.

I tell Saori to stay inside the car first and to remove all the sunglasses and scarf covering her face. It looks ridiculous, but it’s for our safety while driving. Safety first.

“Good day director Otis. I’m the stand-in manager of our talent, Ms. Saori. I hope you treat us well.”

We shake hands. While shaking hands, he stares at my face. After our handshake, I hand him our business card.

“I know you have potential. There’s something messing with my senses and I don’t like it!” says director Otis.

He looks at my face from different angles. This guy is legit. He can even feel Dewey’s Spiteful Underwear (I’m now calling them that.) messing with his senses.

“Anyway! Pardon me but director, why are you waiting here outside? I can’t park our car and I’m afraid we may delay the auditions.”

“I canceled the auditions,” says director Otis.

“What?”

“Mister, the photo you sent of your actress. I want to see her right now! You intrigued me! If she looks anywhere near how masterful you touched up these photos, I will be hire her on the spot!”

He then slams Saori’s photos on my face. There’s a bunch of them. Full body, front face, side profile and a lot more. If I didn’t know the director’s approach, I would have thought I was giving someone stalker material. Plus, we sent these by email. Did he print them out to smack my face with them?

“You required us to not edit the photos, though? We didn’t mess with them.”

“Sure. Sure. I understand a manager must hype up his talent. But everyone touches up the photos. It’s basically a given at this point.”

I should have touched them up, darn it! Why was I even honest about it? This guy does not even believe me.

“Now go! Get your talent out of the car. Don’t let me be too disappointed or I’ll hire your photo editor instead!”

Image

[collapse]

“Director, I’ll bring her out.”

I opened the car door.

“Do I look cute, hubby?” she says while showing me a big smile.

“You are the cutest.” I say back.

“You can greet the director now. It’s your big day!”

I sprint to the other side. I feel something growing just below the belt.

Saori leaves the car and I enter it. I open the car window to listen. I turn my attention to the people waiting for her. Their mouths all open as she moves closer. I hear audible gasps.

“Hello director Rolando! I’m a big fan of your show ‘Beauty pageant revenge!’ I hope you work with me!” says Saori.

“The photos don’t do her justice!” I hear the director say. He then crumples onto the floor.

More people fall down on their bottoms. Seems like the director’s employees also like pretty faces.

People then started helping the director and others up. The director woke up after a while.

He agrees to all our requests. It seems he’s hellbent on signing Saori.

Seems they plan on expanding her role.

Plus!

We got a big bonus!

Kill all typos!

And remember.

Smash that heart button lol.

9